Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread - Summer 2014 - Mod note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Ormus wrote: »
    You've seen him? He's the business?

After extensive research I found out over the years that he is a beast....

Currently in my 5th season in FIFA and he is rated 84......that's proper scouting that....

Although not much in FM 13......

Have never seen him play but I can assure you he will be the greatest defender ever if spurs follow the exact steps I took in FIFA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Liam O wrote: »
    Yeah no other manager has every let a player go that has done well in subsequent times. Sure he had the wages available to throw at these players. Spurs signed him for 4m. Next Ronaldo surely?

Unlikely, he's a centre back who can also play defensive mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Sirsok wrote: »
    After extensive research I found out over the years that he is a beast....

Currently in my 5th season in FIFA and he is rated 84......that's proper scouting that....

Although not much in FM 13......

Have never seen him play but I can assure you he will be the greatest defender ever if spurs follow the exact steps I took in FIFA :)

Gotta say I was kinda hoping for real world research but maybe I'm just greedy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Wenger says Vermaelen may leave, reported by BBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Wenger says Vermaelen may leave, reported by BBC.

Ya hes meant to be injured so once hes recovered you can imagien he'll be sold, probably late in the next 2/3 weeks, will probably force Wenger back for another CB unless he fancies Kos, Mert and Chambers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Liam O wrote: »
    Yeah no other manager has every let a player go that has done well in subsequent times. Sure he had the wages available to throw at these players. Spurs signed him for 4m. Next Ronaldo surely?

Hence the reason that I pointed out two players, both defenders, that would appear to have very bright futures in the game.

Neither of whom were demanding big wages at the time, unlike the aforementioned mr moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

You've seen him? He's the business?

Very talented!! And for the price they paid they've gotten a great deal.
    Probably will be Dawsons replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Gavlor wrote: »
    Hence the reason that I pointed out two players, both defenders, that would appear to have very bright futures in the game.

Neither of whom were demanding big wages at the time, unlike the aforementioned mr moyes.

Coleman, Stones, Baines, Jagielka, Distin were all signed by him yet you moan about him rejecting two trialists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Coleman, Stones, Baines, Jagielka, Distin were all signed by him yet you moan about him rejecting two trialists.

As were koldrup and bilyanetinov!

I was a fan of moyes and think he did a great job at Everton, but giving young players a chance was not one of his strong points.

Edit: mustafi wasn't a trialist, he had been on the books for a few years prior to being let go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hangeland to Palace on a free isn't a bad bit of business though I think he's passed his prime. Not a bad squad player to have mind you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Gotta say I was kinda hoping for real world research but maybe I'm just greedy :rolleyes:

I know I was only being a bit of a divil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Lampard going on loan to city apparently.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

klose wrote: »
    Lampard going on loan to city apparently.?

Yep, Guardian reporting. That's a real shock.

Strange transfer. I guess we'll have him until January or something?

Strange transfer. I guess we'll have him until January or something?

Bump up those homegrown numbers for the cl too i would imagine is another reason for the deal

Bump up those homegrown numbers for the cl too i would imagine is another reason for the deal

I guess :confused:

I suppose it does make a bit more sense than the Richard Wright signing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

QPR agree £5million deal with Cardiff for Jordon Mutch and look on course to beat Sunderland to him.

Everton have signed Brendan Galloway from MK Dons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lampard to City on loan confirmed via SSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I expect the Chelsea fans to quickly turn on him now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That_Guy wrote: »
    Hangeland to Palace on a free isn't a bad bit of business though I think he's passed his prime. Not a bad squad player to have mind you.

He was awful last year. Threw in the towel by all accounts:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/senior-fulham-players-lost-faith-3835517
    Senior Fulham players told the club's top brass that they had lost faith in captain Brede Hangeland BEFORE the club was relegated last season.

The 33-year-old centre-back launched a blistering attack on the Cottagers yesterday, including boss Felix Magath and owner Shahid Khan, insisting "the club has been in decline for years".

Mirror Sport understands, however, that before being released last month it was Hangeland himself who had lost support within the dressing room.

The players are understood to have told CEO Alistair Mackintosh that they didn't feel Hangeland was mentally strong enough to cope with the fight to keep the club in the Premier League.

If there's anyone who can get the best out of a huge CB mind, it will be Pulis. He'll probably chip in with a 3 or 4 goals from set pieces and Pulis teams are always solid clean sheet wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Paully D wrote: »
    He was awful last year. Threw in the towel by all accounts:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/senior-fulham-players-lost-faith-3835517

If there's anyone who can get the best out of a huge CB mind, it will be Pulis. He'll probably chip in with a 3 or 4 goals from set pieces and Pulis teams are always solid clean sheet wise.

Sounds like the everyone had their scapegoat decided months in advance of their inevitable failure. Easier than looking in the mirror.

Behrami gone from napoli to hamburg, frees up a spot for fellaini?

Bit of an odd one but schalke have loaned papadopolous (sp?) to bayer for the season, hes been injured for ages.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Bit of an odd one but schalke have loaned papadopolous (sp?) to bayer for the season, hes been injured for ages.

Schalke are really solid at centre back. They probably need to loan/sell at least one.

Loaning out Papadopoulos probably makes sense because of his injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

@GraemeBailey

Villarreal coach Marcelino has confirmed that Mateo Musacchio is set to join Tottenham.

3rd CB signing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Behrami gone from napoli to hamburg, frees up a spot for fellaini?

It seems the stumbling point is the transfer fee. Napoli want a one year loan first with an option to buy. I'm sure United would prefer a straight sale. It is not being greeted with any enthusiasm here at all but on a personal level I think he would do well here. If he doesn't come there is a lad at Feyonoord being considered called Clasie. I don't know him at all but it looks like that deal would involve Zapata going in the opposite direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Schalke are really solid at centre back. They probably need to loan/sell at least one.

Loaning out Papadopoulos probably makes sense because of his injuries.

They might offload Santana as well. HSV are interested in loaning him.

Pretty sure I said in the Bundesliga thread last summer that going to Schalke was a terrible career choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

population wrote: »
    It seems the stumbling point is the transfer fee. Napoli want a one year loan first with an option to buy. I'm sure United would prefer a straight sale. It is not being greeted with any enthusiasm here at all but on a personal level I think he would do well here. If he doesn't come there is a lad at Feyonoord being considered called Clasie. I don't know him at all but it looks like that deal would involve Zapata going in the opposite direction.

Only played the last 30 mins of Argentina - Holland and the 3rd place play off.

Feyenoord is looking at Bas Dost, Guidetti or Zapata to replace Pelle.

Dost or Zapata will have to be loan deals.
    Dont think City will loan out Guidetti again. Feyenoord could probably afford a fee for Guidetti if it isnt crazy money but his wages will be a real issue unless he is willing to take about 50% pay cut.

If he is smart, he ll do that, 1 or 2 full seasons at Feyenoord and his career might be back on track.
    Look at what going to feyenoord did for Pelle. Was a bench warmer at Parma until he met Koeman's son on Ibiza who asked him to come to Feyenoord.

Pelle: Sure, have your dad call me....

2 years, 57 matches and 50 goals later he is now a €10 million striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Casillas surely being so,d now real have signed a new keeper?

Yeah just saw real signed navas there but would imagine it will almost certainly be lopez who will be sold and at a cut price deal id imagine, could be a good deal for the buyer. You would have to start questioning casillas position now though, not the best 2 seasons hes ever had.

inforfun wrote: »
    Dont think City will loan out Guidetti again. Feyenoord could probably afford a fee for Guidetti if it isnt crazy money but his wages will be a real issue unless he is willing to take about 50% pay cut.

If he is smart, he ll do that, 1 or 2 full seasons at Feyenoord and his career might be back on track.

For his sake I definitely think he should leave. He'll never break into our first team squad at this rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

One of the biggest frauds in football, Jack Rodwell looks to be on his way to Sunderland. How's he gets this move is anyone's guess after his 7 starts in two years since signing for 12 million.
    Along with his 2.5 million salary it works out almost 2.5 million per appearance.

Good man Gus!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

He was getting injury prone whilst playing for Everton and ManC paid a kings randsom for a lemon. Whoever done the medical on that deal should have been sued.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Apparently it's Lopez who they're trying to sell, with Casillas and Navas to battle it out to be first choice. They're a hard club to figure out at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Apparently it's Lopez who they're trying to sell, with Casillas and Navas to battle it out to be first choice. They're a hard club to figure out at times.

I think thats madness if its true, i thought Lopez did very well last season for them between the sticks.
    To me Casillas seems like hes lost the love for the game or something, looks like a keeper that has his confidence shot. Even against united in the friendly i thought he made a mistake for the hernandez goal. Maybe im being a bit harsh on him..
    Have a look at the video i think he could have came for it, very hesitant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY0a896Rvbo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Casillas has lost both configured
    confidence and speed. Madness by Real if they get rid of Lopez. (Unless he had a spat of some description)

It will be pretty hard for Madrid to get rid of him before 16-17 season because of his contract and the fact that his missus wants to stay in Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I think thats madness if its true, i thought Lopez did very well last season for them between the sticks.
    To me Casillas seems like hes lost the love for the game or something, looks like a keeper that has his confidence shot. Even against united in the friendly i thought he made a mistake for the hernandez goal. Maybe im being a bit harsh on him..
    Have a look at the video i think he could have came for it, very hesitant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY0a896Rvbo

He was too focused on Hernandez, not enough on the ball and ended up missing both. Totally agree with you, he has to be the one on the way out, madness if its otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Rodwell is going for £10m.

Now I think he's a good player when he's fit, but with his injuries and complete lack of playing time, £10m is a big risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Corholio wrote: »

Now I think he's a good player when he's fit, but with his injuries and complete lack of playing time, £10m is a big risk.

That seems like an outrageous fee. I'd be sceptical if the reports are correct on it as it makes no sense at all.

I would have had him down for £5m max given his horrific injury record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Corholio wrote: »

A few reports on the fee:

£6m per Simon Bird of The Mirror (north-east reporter), £8m per George Caulkin of The Times (north-east reporter), "under £10m" per Kristian Heneage of ESPN and £10m per Louise Taylor of The Guardian (north-east reporter).

I think it's safe to say that no one apart from the obvious actually have a clue how much he is going for, which is evident from the varying fees being reported even by those who deal with the club on the daily basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Blatter wrote: »
    That seems like an outrageous fee. I'd be sceptical if the reports are correct on it as it makes no sense at all.

I would have had him down for £5m max given his horrific injury record.

I seen a report earlier which said it was £4m with add ons that could potentially bring it to £8m, which seems about right to me. I'll try find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Benfica's record foreign goalscorer with 172 goals Oscar Cardozo gone to Trabzonspor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Liverpool accept bid for Reina from Bayern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've found the reason Pep believes Tom Starke is not good enough to back up Neuer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Liverpool accept bid for Reina from Bayern

Neuer to Madrid then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Gary Medel is close to signing for Inter.

This should go down well with their fans. :D

C_29_articolo_1043515_lstParagrafi_paragrafo_0_upiImgParFull.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Gary Medel is close to signing for Inter.

This should go down well with their fans. :D

C_29_articolo_1043515_lstParagrafi_paragrafo_0_upiImgParFull.jpg

He'd done well...
    Gary Medel...
    Not just with his break up play...
    But with his passing forward aswell.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Spurs are looking to offload Solardo to a Spanish side, a loan could be more likely but they want a sale.

Really thought Potch would have given him a chance but I guess he has decided he won't fit the pressing style of his.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Spurs are looking to offload Solardo to a Spanish side, a loan could be more likely but they want a sale.

Really thought Potch would have given him a chance but I guess he has decided he won't fit the pressing style of his.

That'll be unlikely, since the only 2 Clubs that has the Money to Buy him, would not go for him.

Unless Spurs sells him for less than 10M, I don't see anyone else in La Liga, that can Afford him.

• Advertisement

Forster to Southampton for ~£10m is almost a done deal, just a medical today to finalise the deal. Newcastle will get 25% of the fee.

Advertisement