Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread - Summer 2014 - Mod note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

That'll be unlikely, since the only 2 Clubs that has the Money to Buy him, would not go for him.

Unless Spurs sells him for less than 10M, I don't see anyone else in La Liga, that can Afford him.

Could he not go back to Valencia? Think I saw that they were due to come into some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

greendom wrote: »
    Could he not go back to Valencia? Think I saw that they were due to come into some money.

I think I read that too.

But from what I understand, most of it will be to Stabilize their Debts.

Though there will be some for their Transfer Kitty, but I don't think it's enough to give them the ability to Buy 20M Players.

So I guess it will all come down to Spurs, and on how much Money they are willing to lose on the Sale of Soldado.

~15M for him I think, is the most Spurs can get from La Liga.

They can get more if they can Sell him to Clubs in Russia or Turkey, but I doubt Soldado would want to go there.

But there's always the MLS. They've done great with Defoe, I'm sure they could get a Good Deal with Soldado. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sky Sports reporting that Thomas Vermaelen is in Barcelona right now for his medical! Nice bit of business by Arsenal I have to say! Thank you Verminator and good luck at Barca!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Spurs are looking to offload Solardo to a Spanish side, a loan could be more likely but they want a sale.

Really thought Potch would have given him a chance but I guess he has decided he won't fit the pressing style of his.

where are you getting this rumour from- as a spurs fan Im hoping we keep him and he links up well with ade eriksen and this new kid lamela:D:D

We are all behind Soldado-he had a lot of personal problems last season and our managerial merry go round didnt help his confidence either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Soldado should come good yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Supposedly Cuadrado agent has landed in Manchester airport..

A lot of talk on twitter that Cambiasso is close to joining Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A lot of talk on twitter that Cambiasso is close to joining Leicester.
    Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson has confirmed his interest in Argentina midfielder Esteban Cambiasso, but is furious the story has been leaked.

The 33-year-old left Inter Milan in the summer and has been linked with a move to the Premier League new boys.

Pearson told BBC Radio Leicester: "I am not going to say no, because we have [been interested].

"But what's disappointing is that some clown somewhere down the line has leaked information that is sensitive."

Pearson, who was speaking after the Foxes beat Werder Bremen 1-0 in a pre-season friendly on Saturday, said he was not sure if the player would be joining.

He added: "We like to try to do business in the right way and make sure all parties interests are looked after for the right reason.

"But for some reason, some balloon head has decided to leak it.

"We try to protect every party that is involved in doing deals because there will always be deals that cannot be done."

:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Is it wrong that I would still love to see Esteban in the United jersey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

kryogen wrote: »

Not as wrong as it is to call him Esteban.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

kryogen wrote: »

A little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

IrishIrish wrote: »
    Not as wrong as it is to call him Esteban.

My man love for him is strong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

I think I read that too.

But from what I understand, most of it will be to Stabilize their Debts.

Though there will be some for their Transfer Kitty, but I don't think it's enough to give them the ability to Buy 20M Players.

Valencia's sale to Peter Lim is still being finalised as Bankia, to whom the debts are owed, are being awkward about completing it (something about the amount of guarantees they want offered. I believe they weren't happy about Lim's offer being the one accepted by the club).

However, Peter Lim, through his company Meriton, has already gone ahead and already bought a number of players for Valencia and they have joined on loan for the moment (all from Benfica!).

For now, the players that have come in are Rodrigo and Andre Gomes (both from Benfica on loan for now as I say) for 30 and 15 milllion euro respectively, Mustafi for 8 million euro and there is talk that a number of Benfica's top youth players have also been signed (including Joao Cancelo who I've never seen but is supposed to be a big deal).

Word is that once the deal with Lim goes through Enzo Perez will also join from Benfica for between 25 and 30 million euro.

I think Valencia could certainly afford to bring back Soldado if the sale goes ahead (and if it doesn't bankruptcy could be a real fear), but I considering how he left the club taking shots at the chairman I doubt it will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

elefant wrote: »
    Valencia's sale to Peter Lim is still being finalised as Bankia, to whom the debts are owed, are being awkward about completing it (something about the amount of guarantees they want offered. I believe they weren't happy about Lim's offer being the one accepted by the club).

However, Peter Lim, through his company Meriton, has already gone ahead and already bought a number of players for Valencia and they have joined on loan for the moment (all from Benfica!).

For now, the players that have come in are Rodrigo and Andre Gomes (both from Benfica on loan for now as I say) for 30 and 15 milllion euro respectively, Mustafi for 8 million euro and there is talk that a number of Benfica's top youth players have also been signed (including Joao Cancelo who I've never seen but is supposed to be a big deal).

Word is that once the deal with Lim goes through Enzo Perez will also join from Benfica for between 25 and 30 million euro.

I think Valencia could certainly afford to bring back Soldado if the sale goes ahead (and if it doesn't bankruptcy could be a real fear), but I considering how he left the club taking shots at the chairman I doubt it will happen.
    Going by Soldados form since he left, the chairman has nothing to fear:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Mangala finally confirmed by City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mangala finally confirmed by City.

Will be the best centre half in the world in 3-5 years imo. Quality signing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Financial Fair Play me arse!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Financial Fair Play me arse!

Exactly

Andy Brassell ‏@andybrassell 15m Mangala done, and very expensive. Porto statement says they received €30.5m (£24.3m) just for their 57.67% of him

Which means he actually cost around €53m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Exactly

Andy Brassell ‏@andybrassell 15m Mangala done, and very expensive. Porto statement says they received €30.5m (£24.3m) just for their 57.67% of him

Was going to post that.

City have sold players so have made some money back on sales but if that stake and price is true, thats a mad price for CB.

I could have sworn any fee to agents e.g the rest of his % doesnt count to FFP? I could be mistaken though i could have sworn i read it somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

ASOT wrote: »
    I could have sworn any fee to agents e.g the rest of his % doesnt count to FFP? I could be mistaken though i could have sworn i read it somewhere!

Not sure TBH.

It would set a dangerous precedent if Agents/3rd parties started owning large % of players allowing clubs to effectively write off FFP.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Not sure TBH.

It would set a dangerous precedent if Agents/3rd parties started owning large % of players allowing clubs to effectively write off FFP.

Thats why it popped into my head, i know a large portion of Porto/Sporting/Benficas players are all owned by 50% if not more, which would more less mean there players getting harvested if it doesnt effect FFP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

But they are not agents, it's a joint ownership, so it would surely count. Otherwise, clubs/owners would just use shell companies everywhere and never own the player...

Dickerty wrote: »
    But they are not agents, it's a joint ownership, so it would surely count. Otherwise, clubs/owners would just use shell companies everywhere and never own the player...

I ment the term agent loosely because the agents are usually the owners of these third party companies or heavily involved! Im still not sure I just remember reading somewhere about it not counting but i could be totally wrong!

UEFA really need to ban this third party ownership malarky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

UEFA really need to ban this third party ownership malarky.
    Fifa you mean.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Exactly

That is assuming they paid the same money to the third party, it could me more/or less right?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    That is assuming they paid the same money to the third party, it could me more/or less right?

Yeah but the third party owner holds all the cards because he cant play in England until city own 100%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Porto do it again.

Has anyone done better over net player trading over the years? I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

cson wrote: »
    Porto do it again.

Has anyone done better over net player trading over the years? I doubt it.

Southampton are getting a fair few quid in this season.
    Not much use if they get relegated mind you.

ronjo wrote: »
    Southampton are getting a fair few quid in this season.
    Not much use if they get relegated mind you.

They 20000% wont get relegated, they still have a dencent squad well capable of staying up. Just wont be finishing 8th again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They 20000% wont get relegated, they still have a dencent squad well capable of staying up. Just wont be finishing 8th again.
    I don't think they'll go down either, but I think your level of sureness is fairly off, (I would say closer to 12000%) the margins are very fine at the bottom half of the table and momentum can be a big thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

They 20000% wont get relegated.
    Optimistic. Even if they add some more players they'll be around the 40 point mark this season. Koeman is a nutjob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Optimistic. Even if they add some more players they'll be around the 40 point mark this season. Koeman is a nutjob.

I do think they'll struggle, and they are not finishing selling yet IMO.
    They will have a team of unhappy players from last season, new arrivals and kids.
    But I still think they'll survive, still have a better team than Villa, Leicester, Hull, Burnley...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Southampton have brought in 5 players who will likely be starters and I'm sure will buy 1-2 more in the next week or two. Will the quality be as good as those they've replaced? Probably not. But they should be good enough to stay up fairly comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Diego Lopez is set to complete his move to Milan today on a Free Transfer. Bargain of the Summer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Diego Lopez is set to complete his move to Milan today on a Free Transfer. Bargain of the Summer.

Very much so. It's been a while since Milan have been this strong in goal, shame about everywhere else... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Very much so. It's been a while since Milan have been this strong in goal, shame about everywhere else... :(

Yeah it's a pity. Very hard to revamp a team with Bosman signings. The money being thrown around by some teams is obscene but Milan are doing the opposite, not spending a penny :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

That be a quality signing for Milan and the fact they are getting him for nothing is solid business for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Bargain of the Summer and most idiotic transfer of the summer. Lopez was arguably the best goalie representing La Liga last season. Baffling by Real!:confused:

Javi Garcia off to the Russian wastes for 13m not 16m (I was looking at the Rojo story at the same time).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Javi Garcia off to the Russian wastes for 16m.

Played 24 league games in both of the last two league seasons and 71 combined in all competitions. I was surprised to see he he played that much in all honesty.

City paid £15.8m so make a small profit on the fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Martin Kelly joining Crystal Palace for £1.5m, a bargain if he can stay fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Paully D wrote: »
    Played 24 league games in both of the last two league seasons and 71 combined in all competitions. I was surprised to see he he played that much in all honesty.

City paid £15.8m so make a small profit on the fee.

His only talent is being really really ridiculously good looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

United bid €20 million for Rojo, player has handed in transfer request.

Only seen him play at the World Cup, LVG must rate him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Surprised at Rojo's move if it goes through, never rated him that highly when watched him at Lisbon and I don't think Sporting fans have a great love for him either. Interesting though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

£27m on Shaw as a LB now a bid of £20m for Rojo another LB.

Makes me wonder if Van Gaal wanted Shaw in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Rojo is a centre half who can can play Lb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Well Rojo is a CB and will cost £16m, so... No?

• Advertisement
Advertisement