Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread - Summer 2014 - Mod note in OP

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Van der Wiel might be available now for someone to sign now. Was very impressive for most of the season before losing his place due to injury late on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

As undeniably talented and as welcome an addition as Marquinhos is, I really thought Barcelona's big center back signing would be taller given that set pieces and crosses have been such a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pochettino "in advanced talks" with Spurs, so say numerous sources such as the BBC and Telegraph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Blatter wrote: »
    Dani Alves and €20m to PSG, Marquinhos to Barcelona according to beIN sports, who are apparently reliable when it comes to PSG. The transfers had been mooted for a while.

I thought PSG could only make one signing this window ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

greendom wrote: »
    Talk of him adding Lampard
    - Uncle Harry...a real family reunion

Atleti have agreed a few for Angel Correa from San Lorenzo. Touted as the next Kun Aguero. No official word on the fee, but it's been said it's somewhere between €9M to €13M.

Billy Jones signs for Sunderland on a free from West Brom. 4 year deal. He'll be on less money than Bardsley and is at least equally as good with the added bonus of being able to fit in across the back four. Decent squad filler it seems but if Sunderland's intention to start him, I won't be happy.

Any West Brom fans on here that can offer an opinion on him? Many on Twitter seem disappointed that he's gone.

Paully D wrote: »
    Billy Jones signs for Sunderland on a free from West Brom. 4 year deal. He'll be on less money than Bardsley and is at least equally as good with the added bonus of being able to fit in across the back four. Decent squad filler it seems but if Sunderland's intention to start him, I won't be happy.

Any West Brom fans on here that can offer an opinion on him? Many on Twitter seem disappointed that he's gone.

Beautiful head of hair on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭me89

West ham have signed Mauro Zarate on a 3 year deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Ricky lambert to the pool apparently.. Reports of a bid been agreed on SSN

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Ricky lambert to the pool apparently.. Reports of a bid been agreed on SSN

If true then you can take it 100% that Lallana is too.

Any word on the price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Just said 8 million on SSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

8m for a 32 year old striker???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Degag wrote: »
    8m for a 32 year old striker???

Maybe part of a deal to get Lallana. This way Pool pay less for Lallana so Southampton don't have to give as much of the cut to Bournemouth. Rotten if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

greendom wrote: »
    Maybe part of a deal to get Lallana. This way Pool pay less for Lallana so Southampton don't have to give as much of the cut to Bournemouth. Rotten if true.

That's so filthy, I love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Monaco did the same thing last season if I remember right with Moutinho and Rodriguez.

Monaco did the same thing last season if I remember right with Moutinho and Rodriguez.

They were rumours of it happening but it didnt in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

That's so filthy, I love it!

barry%20gray%202.jpg

• Advertisement

Dortmund upped their initial bid by 2M to €19.5M for Immobile and Juve have accepted. Just waiting for the player's signature now which should be done by the weekend according to Di Marzio.

Iz hapi.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Dortmund upped their initial bid by 2M to €19.5M for Immobile and Juve have accepted. Just waiting for the player's signature now which should be done by the weekend according to Di Marzio.

Iz hapi.

Is he not co owned by Torino? Have they accepted the bid ?

Heard they're getting rid of them co ownership deals in Italy

Jordi Gomez signs for Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,979 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Craig Gardner signs for West Brom. If that's going to be the standard of most of their signings this summer then they'll be fighting relegation again next season.
    I find this sort of post very naive. Sam Allardyce has turned around a few careers in his time. Gardner has always been talked of as somebody who has never fulfilled his talent so it could turn out to be a great signing. Its a low risk signing with lots of potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

eagle eye wrote: »
    I find this sort of post very naive. Sam Allardyce has turned around a few careers in his time. Gardner has always been talked of as somebody who has never fulfilled his talent so it could turn out to be a great signing. Its a low risk signing with lots of potential.

Too bad big Sam doesn't manage West Brom.

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Torino had already agreed to the sale of their half a week or two ago, as far as I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Good signing by Sunderland, very good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Never understood them, they did my head in in Football Manager!

That would be all well and good, but Gardner has signed for West Brom, not West Ham. If Allardyce can turn a player's career around while managing another club then he might have proved to be magic enough to earn his long awaited move to a top four side without having to change his name to Allardici.

Gardner has never fulfilled his talent, mainly because he doesn't have any (relative to most other Premier League CM's) aside from long-range shooting. He's slow, a poor passer of the football, can rarely if ever pull off a piece of creativity to split a defence and is a terrible tackler.

I'll admit to being reasonably happy when he joined mind. I thought he'd add a massive goal threat from midfield, but the reality is the 5 or 6 goals he gets a season which consist of long range screamers or penalties are not worth the negative aspects of his play. In truth, his best performances for us came as a right-back under O'Neill which probably says it all.

A very nice guy though so I do wish him all the best.

I'm happy with that. He's a better fit for the current Sunderland style that Poyet wants to implement plus almost certainly on a lower wage than the player he replaces (Gardner).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Gardner's goals really covered how limited a player he was when we (Birmingham) got relegated. I think a Sunderland fan on this forum said it best that he has a Premier League shot but the skills of a conference player. It is a strange signing for WBA, depending on who they appoint as manager they look like they will struggle big time next year.

He is a nice enough lad, he will be happy having signed for his boyhood club :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

You might want to change your user name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,979 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That would be all well and good, but Gardner has signed for West Brom, not West Ham.
    My bad, I need a new screen for my phone.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Liverpool apparently close to a 10 million pound deal for a 32 year old back up striker? On the face of it looks like a poor enough deal but it is also an indication that there is money there to be spent this year, and the squad does need bulking up for the coming season. Will be decent business I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

kryogen wrote: »
    Liverpool apparently close to a 10 million pound deal for a 32 year old back up striker? On the face of it looks like a poor enough deal but it is also an indication that there is money there to be spent this year, and the squad does need bulking up for the coming season. Will be decent business I think

4M plus add ons according to the BBC. Where do you get 10M from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

slingerz wrote: »

According to the BBC http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/26438249
    Rickie Lambert will sign a two-year deal at Liverpool if he passes a medical on Saturday, BBC Sport has learned.
    The fee for the 32-year-old Southampton and England striker is in the region of £4m.

It's a weird one alright. As a back-up striker he'll do the job and it could very well prolong his career if he's not playing week in, week out. Could've done a job as Spurs I would've thought though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

slingerz wrote: »

The reports, haven't checked them this morning, they were all reporting between 8-10 million last night. 4million would seem more like it alright given his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

kryogen wrote: »
    The reports, haven't checked them this morning, they were all reporting between 8-10 million last night. 4million would seem more like it alright given his age.

Well there are rumours on twitter that the 'add ons' are to lessen the price of Lallana so Bournemouth get less of a cut for their 25% sell on clause. What those add ons are or for noone knows i reckon but IMO its the only way Lambert could command a bigger fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Spanish reports say Moreno set for medical after Liverpool change offer to €22m plus bonuses, but no Suso.

One down four to go ...

BpEja-3IUAA_66m.jpg

The Mail reporting that Sunderland have agreed a £1.5m move for Jordon Mutch with Cardiff.

It would be a funny coincidence if the move does happen as a Sunderland fan on the main Sunderland forum a couple of weeks ago started off a Jordon Mutch rumour as a joke, similar to what some did on here with the North Korean guy and Newcastle a couple of years ago, and the local press ran with it and it seems to have snowballed from there in the media. :pac:

Aside from that, if true, it's a bargain price. £1.5m for a 22 year old with 7 goals and 5 assists in his first season in the Premier League. I'd be very happy with it.

The Mail reporting that Sunderland have agreed a £1.5m move for Jordon Mutch with Cardiff.

It would be a funny coincidence if the move does happen as a Sunderland fan on the main Sunderland forum a couple of weeks ago started off a Jordon Mutch rumour as a joke, similar to what some did on here with the North Korean guy and Newcastle a couple of years ago, and the local press ran with it and it seems to have snowballed from there in the media. :pac:

Aside from that, if true, it's a bargain price. £1.5m for a 22 year old with 7 goals and 5 assists in his first season in the Premier League. I'd be very happy with it.

Mutch for £1.5mil would be a cracking piece of business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I've said it before and maybe it's just me, but John O'Shea and Mutch in the same team? It will be Fabio and Rafael all over again!

razorblunt wrote: »
    I've said it before and maybe it's just me, but John O'Shea and Mutch in the same team? It will be Fabio and Rafael all over again!

I don't get ya?

O'Shea is a CB and Mutch is AM

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Agueroooo wrote: »
    I don't get ya?

O'Shea is a CB and Mutch is AM

They're the image of each other

They're the image of each other

Opps my bad..too early for this.

*turns over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Agueroooo wrote: »
    One down four to go ...

he's an ideal backup striker that gives pool some options. Really good signing for 4m and small enough wages despite his age. he's defo got a couple of good years left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Damian duff apparently signing for Melbourne city (man city owned Australian club) on a two year deal. Nice move for him!

I wouldn't bet against Fabragas playing for Chelsea next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Probably a bit late but David Villa to New York City FC is done

And it appears that the Mail have been undone by a made up rumour once again (for the time being anyway) :pac:

@sunechograeme
    ‪#‎safc‬ maybe interested in @jordonmutch but today's Mail claims (again) are wrong. Expect Cardiff to make a statement soon.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jordon-mutch-not-going-sunderland-7203133
    Manager Solskjaer has the full backing of the Bluebirds board and chairman Mehmet Dalman said: “We have not received any bids for Jordon and he is in our manager’s plans for next season.

“Jordon is a Cardiff City player and that will not change.”

Though with one year left on his deal and the player surely attracting genuine interest from the Premier League, it is hard to imagine him being there come the close of the transfer window, whether that be to Sunderland or elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Konoplyanka to Utd looks to have taken step closer this evening according to the Twitter box.

Advertisement