Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread - Summer 2014 - Mod note in OP

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Think City broke 200m in 09/10 season.

If Vidal is a realistic rumour for this week then United won't be far off that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If Vidal is a realistic rumour for this week then United won't be far off that.

Vidal won't happen IMO. I'm not saying United aren't capable of spending that kind of money, just wait until they do before comparing.

Vidal won't happen IMO. I'm not saying United aren't capable of spending that kind of money, just wait until they do before comparing.

Surely a big name defender and midfielder HAVE to be brought in during this window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

What was the most spent by either of them in a single window?

City is £154 million and Chelsea is £153 million

Surely a big name defender and midfielder HAVE to be brought in during this window.

There ain't many CMs available at the minute. I would hope to get a CM and CB but I don't think they will be as big a name as others might.

And United are currently at 140ish if Vidal goes through for 60m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

There ain't many CMs available at the minute. I would hope to get a CM and CB but I don't think they will be as big a name as others might.

Surely there are hundreds that are better than Cleverley and Fletcher available. Dundalk might even sell Richie Towell if the money was right.

You can't just guess at what's going to happen to make a point.

*Di Maria

Di Maria: £64 million
    Rojo: £16 million
    Shaw: £27 million
    Herrera: £29 million

Comes to £136 million so yeah

• Advertisement

Sorry, that should have been Di Maria going through for 60m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

*Di Maria

Di Maria: £64 million
    Rojo: £16 million
    Shaw: £27 million
    Herrera: £29 million

Comes to £136 million so yeah

He doesn't really have to. There'll be at least one more signing, would be a safe assumption.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Wonderful, another thread taken over by a liverpool/Man utd dick measuring contest :rolleyes:

Anyway, is there any update on Khedira? linked with arsenal but would be a great addition to utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

he's staying

Gavlor wrote: »
    Wonderful, another thread taken over by a liverpool/Man utd dick measuring contest :rolleyes:

Anyway, is there any update on Khedira? linked with arsenal but would be a great addition to utd

Who mentioned Liverpool???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ancelloti has said he'll be staying at Madrid:

"The issue with Khedira has also been resolved. He's staying and we're happy that's the case."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28920072

• Advertisement

Who mentioned Liverpool???

Can clubs measure the size of their manhood??

Nope, it's all down to the supporters. You're a liverpool fan, right?

I sure am.

I'll ask again, who mentioned Liverpool other than you?

I sure am.

I'll ask again, who mentioned Liverpool other than you?

Liverpool fan(s) stirring with man utd fan over a transfer that hasn't even happened yet = liverpool/man utd fans derailing yet another thread.

Maybe I should have been more precise with my explanation.

Liverpool fan(s) stirring with man utd fan over a transfer that hasn't even happened yet = liverpool/man utd fans derailing yet another thread.

Stirring? Afraid not. Untie the knot in your boxers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm a fan of neither and still think it's strange for United to sign Di Maria. To me it leaves a much less chance of signing a centre half or centre mid which is needed more IMO, especially at that price

Di Maria is a fantastic player and I think Madrid are mad go let him go, he will definitely add to United but if signing him is at the expense of other big signings in the above positions then I wouldn't be happy about it if I was a United fan.

If they go on to make more big signings then fair enough :)

• Advertisement

Stirring? Afraid not. Untie the knot in your boxers.

Sure....

Sure....

You are the only person complaining about any posts tonight. Myself and 2 United fans were talking about Uniteds spend in this window, neither I nor them started willy waving or measuring.

You are the only person complaining about any posts tonight. Myself and 2 United fans were talking about Uniteds spend in this window, neither I nor them started willy waving or measuring.

Almost every non club related thread descends into liverpoool and united fans one upmanship. I know it's a reflection of the demographic on here but it gets annoying after a while and some of the discussions border on the ridiculous. Like the one earlier.

Anyway, back on topic.

Will Remy move before the window closes?

Almost every non club related thread descends into liverpoool and united fans one upmanship. I know it's a reflection of the demographic on here but it gets annoying after a while and some of the discussions border on the ridiculous. Like the one earlier.

Anyway, back on topic.

Will Remy move before the window closes?

Again, where are these instances of one upmanship tonight?

Again, where are these instances of one upmanship tonight?

Make believe transfers to push uniteds spending above that of city/chelsea?

Ridiculous.

We'll leave it there, I can't be arsed toing and froing all night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Meh there wasn't any Liverpool vs Man Utd style posts, just supporters of both clubs and others, discussing the inflated price that Utd look like paying for Di Maria.

And pretty interesting reading for the most part.

Make believe transfers to push uniteds spending above that of city/chelsea?

Ridiculous.

We'll leave it there, I can't be arsed toing and froing all night

There was no make believe transfers. I accidentally typed Vidal instead of Di Maria and apologised for doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

More threads get derailed by people moaning about Liverpool and United fans than by the fans themselves...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Southampton put in a £12m bid for Townsend according to sky.

Liam O wrote: »
    More threads get derailed by people moaning about Liverpool and United fans than by the fans themselves...

:D I was conscious of the irony the more that discussion went on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ASOT wrote: »

One of the most overrated players in the league.

Get ball, put head down, run into a channel or shoot aimlessly wide. Rinse and repeat.

12 ****ing million. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Paully D wrote: »
    One of the most overrated players in the league.

Get ball, put head down, run into a channel or shoot aimlessly wide. Rinse and repeat.

12 ****ing million. :pac:

In todays climate for an English player its the going rate

Ah right so, neither set of fans should comment on transfer speculation on the others. Grand so.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Ah right so, neither set of fans should comment on transfer speculation on the others. Grand so.

That'd be great, thanks!

That'd be great, thanks!

Grand, you can sort it out so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

United v Liverpool ****e aside, it's a nuts transfer IMO.

Massively inflated transfer fee, and not exactly the player United need either,

I think United have had a lot of trouble attracting players without CL football and Di Maria was one player of that calibre who was willing to join so they're taking that with open arms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

ASOT wrote: »
    Is there default starting bid set to 12million

CSF wrote: »
    United v Liverpool ****e aside, it's a nuts transfer IMO.

Massively inflated transfer fee, and not exactly the player United need either,

I think United have had a lot of trouble attracting players without CL football and Di Maria was one player of that calibre who was willing to join so they're taking that with open arms.

It's 49 million with 15 in add ons. 5 million in performance related bonuses, 5 million if we win the league and 5 million if we win the Champions League. Not that outrageous when you think of it that way. He's easily worth 50 million I think, and if he drags us to a league/CL then I don't care about an extra 5 million here of there.

It's 49 million with 15 in add ons. 5 million in performance related bonuses, 5 million if we win the league and 5 million if we win the Champions League. Not that outrageous when you think of it that way. He's easily worth 50 million I think, and if he drags us to a league/CL then I don't care about an extra 5 million here of there.

I think it is outrageous, when you consider that almost all transfer fees have such add-ons so quoting the full fee isn't exactly taking it out of context with all the other transfers out there.

• Advertisement

I think it is outrageous, when you consider that almost all transfer fees have such add-ons so quoting the full fee isn't exactly taking it out of context with all the other transfers out there.

Saying almost all is a bit of a stretch, I can think of Lallana and maybe Shaw this summer? The only reason the add-ons are included by jornalists is to make the price seem massive and sell papers, when in reality the fee is actually fairly spot on for one of the best players in Europe last year.

Saying almost all is a bit of a stretch, I can think of Lallana and maybe Shaw this summer? The only reason the add-ons are included by jornalists is to make the price seem massive and sell papers, when in reality the fee is actually fairly spot on for one of the best players in Europe last year.

The journalist technique is used for most transfers. I can't have this notion that he was one of the best players in Europe last year (no way was he in the top 10)

The journalist technique is used for most transfers. I can't have this notion that he was one of the best players in Europe last year (no way was he in the top 10)

You're surely joking? Arguably Madrid's second if not third best player last year, was absolutely crucial in them winning the Champions League. He's easily top 10, and I'd be saying the same if he was joining Liverpool or Accrington Stanley. I'd like to see your top 10 so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

You're surely joking? Arguably Madrid's second if not third best player last year, was absolutely crucial in them winning the Champions League. He's easily top 10, and I'd be saying the same if he was joining Liverpool or Accrington Stanley. I'd like to see your top 10 so.
    Certainly not second best, that accolade belongs to Luka Modric.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Would agree was definately in the top 10 players of last season. Theres no definative list but he is definately top 3 for RM last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He was one of the top ten players in Europe last season but I would put him in the 5-10 area.

Still not worth that price but football has gone crazy that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Certainly not second best, that accolade belongs to Luka Modric.

It was a close run thing between him and Di Maria imo. A lot of Madrid fans will tell you Di Maria was their most important player behind Ronaldo in the last few months of the season.

With the amount of quality Atleti/Bayern players last season I don't see how people are reaching that conclusion

Question, for English teams is Friday or Sunday D day?

With FA offices closed on the weekend I assume all transfers have to be in by 12am FRiday??

Soups123 wrote: »
    Question, for English teams is Friday or Sunday D day?

With FA offices closed on the weekend I assume all transfers have to be in by 12am FRiday??

Monday.

Monday.

So Monday 12am will be cut off?

• Advertisement
Advertisement