Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread - Summer 2014 - Mod note in OP

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Agent Mata at work?

10431848_1436762486583223_558477634_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Great story from Lambert ending up at the club he supports and tidy business from Liverpool getting a goalscorer who will be more than happy to be 3rd choice.

David Villa will be lonely enough at NYC for a while considering he's their only player, how many clubs do Man City own? The one in Oz and NYC any more?

I can't see Fabregas signing for Chelsea, doesn't seem to like Mourinho and I'm not sure he's the type of midfielder Chelsea need. I'll be gutted if they get him though, a world class CM moving for a reasonable fee and United still on course to be starting with TC23 at the heart of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I think Fabregas will be a massive signing for anyone who can get him, he hasn't been the star man at Barca but you can't forget how good he was at Arsenal, and still is putting in good performances to be fair. Would it be a wise move for them to sell him though, with Xavi not getting any younger and their transfer ban?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Immobile to Dortmund is fix. 5 year contract and fee of around 19 mil. Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Fabregas looks like one of the lads outside a dodgy pub in kusadasi trying to coax you in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

David Villa will be lonely enough at NYC for a while considering he's their only player, how many clubs do Man City own? The one in Oz and NYC any more?

I just imagined him on his own training :pac:

We also own shares in Yokohama Marinos in Japan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Seems to be an assumption by some that Fabregas wants out of Barca, has he indicated he's not happy? Seems to be playing regularly, will be in the hunt for trophies for the forseeable future and I doubt he's on bad money.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Seems to be an assumption by some that Fabregas wants out of Barca, has he indicated he's not happy? Seems to be playing regularly, will be in the hunt for trophies for the forseeable future and I doubt he's on bad money.

It's more to do with Barcelona putting him up for sale than his general happines

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27650824

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Ah fair enough, I missed that

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dortmund sign Immobile 5 year deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

mike65 wrote: »
    Dortmund sign Immobile 5 year deal.

What's his movement like?

Gets coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its a pity David Speedie isn't around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Graham Hunter claims Cesc to Chelsea is done. No doubt the guy has some good links within Spanish clubs but I'm not sure about his previous on transfer 'deals'. He's been way off the mark a few times.

WGS7vhh.gif

BpPZeBhCQAEW_1D.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

mike65 wrote: »
    Its a pity David Speedie isn't around.

Danny Invincible puts an end to players living up to their names!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Costa passed his medical for Chelsea according to the BBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Senderos going to Villa to help with their defensive problems.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

That_Guy wrote: »
    Senderos going to Villa to help with their defensive problems.....

That's Phillipe "best defensive run in the CL" Senderos for you :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Pique was caught on tape saying to Del Bosque that Fabregas has been sold already for 33m , presumably to Chelsea.
    http://www.rtve.es/deportes/20140604/pique-somos-candidatos-pero-unicos-favoritos/948450.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Menez and Alex to Milan on free transfers seems to be a done deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Emre can to liverpool done deal for £10 million pending paper work. Hopefully moreno will be next in before the world cup starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

klose wrote: »
    Emre can to liverpool done deal for £10 million pending paper work. Hopefully moreno will be next in before the world cup starts.

No need now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

My player Paul Pogba happy at the club.. He is not going anywhere
    Mino Raiola, his agent
    click here
    Plus . Pogba only wants to move to Real Madrid and he celebrated Real's La Decima. Zidane is his idol
    Real already bid 60m, PSG bid 75m, and Juve rejected both.
    they dont need to sell

Alex in Milan for medical.

10441513_10152114951951937_3391758995873158279_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Rakitic to Barca apparently for 20M.

Rakitic to Barca apparently for 20M.

Absolute bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The Times reporting that Sunderland have bid £4m for Ashley Williams, who has told Swansea he won't sign a new deal:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/article4111727.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2014_06_06

122a4fcf2b280cf8d9deeed12bdaffc0.png

I think that would be a canny signing for Sunderland if it happens. A relatively quick defender who likes to play the ball out from the back would suit Poyet. It's not difficult to imagine that our interest will just be used as leverage to sign a new, much improved deal at Swansea though, despite supposedly saying he won't be signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Seaneh wrote: »
    Absolute bargain.

Pfftt..

You're forgetting the obviously not mentioned secret costs. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Seaneh wrote: »
    Absolute bargain.

€15 million widely reported.

Bye bye Cesc hello Arda.

Barcelona have activated Arda Turans €41mil release clause.

Great replacement and upgrade.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Bye bye Cesc hello Arda.

He's not worth that much imo.

Who is but I can see what they are doing and confirms (for me) Cesc is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Atleti won't have anyone left at this rate

Atleti won't have anyone left at this rate

The elite version of Southampton. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Johner wrote: »

No surprise. It was all but done at the beginning of April. West Ham's £50,000 a week (yep, really) offer must have slowed it down a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Paully D wrote: »
    No surprise. It was all but done at the beginning of April. West Ham's £50,000 a week (yep, really) offer must have slowed it down a bit.

Did he want too much money from Sunderland? Was impressed with him most of the time I watched him play last season and he seems like a bit of a loss.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Did he want too much money from Sunderland? Was impressed with him most of the time I watched him play last season and he seems like a bit of a loss.

Unsure about the figures money-wise but the local press were reporting he did want more than Sunderland were offering. That said, it wasn't strictly money related as he would have taken West Ham's offer if that was the case. He's a boyhood Newcastle fan and all his family are from that end, he lives there too. His father was telling anyone who would listen months ago that he was going to sign for Newcastle. We were discussing it in the Sunderland thread towards the end of February/start of April if I remember correctly.

He had a good finish to the season (as did the vast majority of our players) but I felt the other 30 games were much as they have been for Colback since he arrived on the scene. 1-3 real noteworthy games (ironically his best one was against Newcastle) and a passenger in the rest, but he kept things "ticking over" in midfield without stamping his authority on the game. He's a good replacement for Gosling if that's what he has been signed as but if they start him every week I don't think they'll be too impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Colback is probably Gosling's replacement... :pac:

We signed some fella called Perez too from Tenerife. Know nothing about him whatsoever. 20 years old. Probably won't feature much bar Carling Cup games... Probably one Carling Cup game after we get knocked out early on. ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

At 27 years of age, this is effectively the last chance Atleti had of getting a huge fee/someone paying the buy out clause for him after the season they just had. With their scouting network, I'm sure they'll replace Arda adequately with someone younger and potentially superior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Bye bye Cesc hello Arda.

Much bigger loss than Costa IMO. Need to keep Koke and the defence together now and replace Costa (won't be overly difficult with the amount of money earned) and Turan (a lot more difficult for me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    At 27 years of age, this is effectively the last chance Atleti had of getting a huge fee/someone paying the buy out clause for him after the season they just had. With their scouting network, I'm sure they'll replace Arda adequately with someone younger and potentially superior.

Potentially superior would be a big ask. Arda just oozes quality.

.@NUFC are expected to confirm the signing of the @SAFCofficial midfielder Jack Colback on a free transfer later today.

BBC Sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,979 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Most underrated footballer in Europe imo. He is one of the best players I've seen over the past two seasons. After Ronaldo and Messi he is right there for me in the argument for next best player.

I wonder where is Neymar going to play now? They must be planning on moving him central or something.

I'm going to have to back Barca for everything next season and Messi to break the record for most goals in a season. Bringing in Turan and Rakitic is just ridiculous.

Everybody talks about Costa and Falcao before him but Turan was the reason they scored so many.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Konoplyanka to PSG for €15M is doing the rounds in Ukrainian media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

zerks wrote: »
    BBC Sport.

Sunderland not too happy about it . . .

http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2014/june/colback-statement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Sunderland are like a jealous ex-lover

BptfLwRIUAA8xw9.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement