Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread - Summer 2014 - Mod note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Di Maria signs officially:

Manchester United @ManUtd
    BREAKING: Angel Di Maria has completed his move to #mufc for a British record fee of £59.7m. #WelcomeDiMaria

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

CSF wrote: »
    Di Maria is not better than Hazard. There is no way in hell you would be saying this if he wasn't joining United.

I wouldn't rate Di Maria as highly as most, and think United did overpay. But he is most certainly better than Hazard. What on earth had Hazard done in his career to put him on that level? He thought he was Maradona with the ridiculous Twitter build up and announcement of where he was going to. Two average to good season's later and a dross world cup, and he's not quite looking the superstar he tried to build himself up to be. Himself and Oscar have been two of the most overrated players in the league since they arrived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

You just need to look at Hazard last weekend to see his quality, when he applies himself. He can do things on the ball that nobody else in the league can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I wouldn't rate Di Maria as highly as most, and think United did overpay. But he is most certainly better than Hazard. What on earth had Hazard done in his career to put him on that level? He thought he was Maradona with the ridiculous Twitter build up and announcement of where he was going to. Two average to good season's later and a dross world cup, and he's not quite looking the superstar he tried to build himself up to be. Himself and Oscar have been two of the most overrated players in the league since they arrived

uh oh.........if you think Hazard is bad and last season was "average" then I'm really afraid that when you see Di Maria in action and it hits you that infact Hazard is a better player and that your standards have been raised too high you might spiral out of control as the realisation dawns on you that your standards are set impossibly high and your negative perceptions cant be overcome. For a visual aid to the following please see the Tommy Tiernan/Radiohead scene in Father Ted as the kind of depression that awaits as a result of this kind of ridiculously negative attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Would ye ever take the United vs Liverpool ****e some where else i came in here to read about transfers not ye're petty feuding and rubbish posting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This bit here gives you away. His actions off the field irritate you, therefore you want him to be not very good to vindicate your dislike for him. That's not really a good stance to take.

Hazard is a phenomenal player.

Now that that's sorted, less bickering and more transfer talk please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Would ye ever take the United vs Liverpool ****e some where else i came in here to read about transfers not ye're petty feuding and rubbish posting

How have you come to the conclusion that this is a Utd vs. Liverpool thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Average to good seasons? Hit the dictionary mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd still take Hazard at United but he just isn't as good as Di Maria, not last year, not the year before and I think Di Maria will outperform him this year even in a new league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Have to say I agree with this somewhat Hazard can be brilliant but so far hasn't been anywhere near consistant enough or lived up to the hype of his move.

I've no doubt in time he will though.

The world cup should have really been his time to shine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

uh oh.........if you think Hazard is bad and last season was "average" then I'm really afraid that when you see Di Maria in action and it hits you that infact Hazard is a better player and that your standards have been raised too high you might spiral out of control as the realisation dawns on you that your standards are set impossibly high and your negative perceptions cant be overcome. For a visual aid to the following please see the Tommy Tiernan/Radiohead scene in Father Ted as the kind of depression that awaits as a result of this kind of ridiculously negative attitude.

This is actually an attempt by you to be funny isnt it? You're about the most pitiful character on here. I hope you're a troll for your own sake.
    Kirby wrote: »
    This bit here gives you away. His actions off the field irritate you, therefore you want him to be not very good to vindicate your dislike for him. That's not really a good stance to take.

Hazard is a phenomenal player.

Now that that's sorted, less bickering and more transfer talk please.

He's had two seasons in the PL. A quick start in year one that tailed off to him being in and out of a Chelsea side that finished a poor 5th. A good year last year but hardly one of the leagues standouts in a side that finished a stale 3rd. A terrible World Cup followed.

How does that compare favourably to a player starring in a side that challenging/winning in a superior league and the Champions League? Hazard may go on to have a great career but putting him near Di Maria's level yet is nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Di Maria scored 4 league goals last year, Hazard scored 14...how can you possibly dismiss Hazard as not even close?

I'd still take Hazard at United but he just isn't as good as Di Maria, not last year, not the year before and I think Di Maria will outperform him this year even in a new league

That's the least he should be doing for £60m tbf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Phoenix wrote: »
    Van Ginkel also talked of going on loan to Milan, Torres apparently is trying to force a permanent deal to the Rossoneri rather than a loan agreement

Haven't seen much of Van Ginkel but he seems to be held in high regard?

Will be fuming if we sign Torres instead of the likes of Jackson Martinez but if it's Torres on a season-long loan with Chelsea paying half of his wages then it's better than nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Haven't seen much of Van Ginkel but he seems to be held in high regard?

Will be fuming if we sign Torres instead of the likes of Jackson Martinez but if it's Torres on a season-long loan with Chelsea paying half of his wages then it's better than nothing.

I actually think he would be a success in Italy.

I actually think he would be a success in Italy.

Van Ginkel or Torres?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

This is actually an attempt by you to be funny isnt it? You're about the most pitiful character on here. I hope you're a troll for your own sake.

He's had two seasons in the PL. A quick start in year one that tailed off to him being in and out of a Chelsea side that finished a poor 5th. A good year last year but hardly one of the leagues standouts in a side that finished a stale 3rd. A terrible World Cup followed.

How does that compare favourably to a player starring in a side that challenging/winning in a superior league and the Champions League? Hazard may go on to have a great career but putting him near Di Maria's level yet is nonsense

You're talking absolute sh*te. Compare their stats for the last 2 seasons and come back to me. Also Chelsea finished 3rd the last 2 seasons with Hazard. Their problems were nothing to do with Hazard and even so they came very close to winning the league without a striker.

The one-upmanship on this forum is making it unreadable. The amount of drivel that comes out of users keyboards and onto my screen makes my brain hurt. The good posts seem to be fewer and fewer these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Van Ginkel or Torres?

Sorry, Torres.

Sorry, Torres.

I haven't been a fan of him since long before his mainstream decline but I'm sure he'd chip in with a respectable 10-12 league goals. I'd far rather just start with Pazzini up front though.

Also, the fact remains that selling a 24 year old Balotelli and replacing him with a 30 year old Torres is embarrassing management. I just hope if he arrives it is on loan and not permanent.

Van Ginkel I'd be happy enough with but it'd be a pity for him to arrive on loan and then leave after a year if he was a gem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Evans > Zouma
    Evans > Chambers
    Evans > Nastasic

I'd say he's about on par with Skrtel for Liverpool, and he'd definitely start for Spurs and Everton

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Quazzie wrote: »

Yeah because one mistake makes someone a bad player :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Being Jonny Evans makes him a bad player......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

It'll take a great team to even score a goal against Bayern now that Benatia is added to that already incredible defence. Barcelona really missed out by paying more for three average players when they could have just got him and solved their defensive problems. Top work by the Bayern lads to get him so quick like that.

It'll take a great team to even score a goal against Bayern now that Benatia is added to that already incredible defence. Barcelona really missed out by paying more for three average players when they could have just got him and solved their defensive problems. Top work by the Bayern lads to get him so quick like that.

It boggles the mind why Barcelona didn't just add €10m to what they paid for Mathieu and go for Benatia.

Sometime I wonder if the people instigating transfers at the top clubs have a clue about football at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ye're

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

It boggles the mind why Barcelona didn't just add €10m to what they paid for Mathieu and go for Benatia.

Sometime I wonder if the people instigating transfers at the top clubs have a clue about football at all.

Btw since people love to quote me, mark it down, Andersonisgod says that Mathieu will be a hit at Barcelona, making a mockery of the negativity around his move to Barcelona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Off topic, i know, but Esteban Granero signs for QPR from Real Sociodad for an undisclosed fee.

Carry on.

Btw since people love to quote me, mark it down, Andersonisgod says that Mathieu will be a hit at Barcelona, making a mockery of the negativity around his move to Barcelona.

And Benatia will be 10 times the player at Bayern Munich.

Why pay €20m for Mathieu and not just go for Benatia at €30m?

5live wrote: »
    Off topic, i know, but Esteban Granero signs for QPR from Real Sociodad for an undisclosed fee.

Carry on.

How dare you post actual transfer information in this thread :rolleyes: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

5live wrote: »

Carry on.

Gotta do it right if you're going to do it lads, he joined Sociedad from QPR and it happened in July :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

When he was at Real, he wasn't the main man either. Can we compare Granero and Di Maria now? Please? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Corholio wrote: »
    When he was at Real, he wasn't the main man either. Can we compare Granero and Di Maria now? Please? :pac:

Depends, what fiddle was he?

Depends, what fiddle was he?

Fourth I think, to the left of the tuba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Barcelona have signed this er Douglas guy, a Right Back from Sao Paulo. Does that mean Alves is on the way out and more to the point is this guy a hidden talent or were there seriously no other fullbacks they could have bought. :confused: He's also owned partly by a third party so wouldn't be surprised if this transfer is a bit messy too. FIFA need to stamp oh nevermind they're not going to do anything about that TP stuff.

Sorry, with all the talk of Di Maria I thought I'd point out that Man Utd aren't the only one doing strange things. :P

Also, quality acquisition for Bayern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Gotta do it right if you're going to do it lads, he joined Sociedad from QPR and it happened in July :pac:
    Yup. Apologies, read the report wrong.

But whos going to notice with all the willy waving over Di Maria going on anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Barcelona making another signing? So much for a ban..?

FC Barcelona ✔ @FCBarcelona
    Follow
    Initial agreement for Douglas Pereira #DouglasFCB http://ow.ly/ALqtO
    8:19 AM - 27 Aug 2014

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/504528636364738560

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

jameshayes wrote: »

Follow

Ban comes into effect in January for 2 windows, makes sense they'd be spending a good bit this summer.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

jameshayes wrote: »

Follow

I thought that deal happened last week. Bought as a replacement for Alves apparently, think Alves is staying for another season though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Ac Milan want Torres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

hadepsx wrote: »
    Ac Milan want Torres

AC Milan need their heads examined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Bayern Munich have signed Juan Bernat and Sebastian Rode, with both deals gone a little under the radar seemingly.

Bernat is a 21 left-back bought for around €10m from Valencia. The defender made over 50 appearances for Los Che, establishing himself in the first team last season and has been handed the number 18 by Bayern. Will he be just cover/competition for Alaba or is there a view of placing him at left-back and pushing Alaba further up into a midfield role?

Rode is a 23 year old defensive midfielder. On 14 April 2014, Rode signed a pre-contract with Bayern Munich to join them on 1 July 2014 at the end of his contract with Eintracht Frankfurt. He made his debut against Borussia Dortmund in the German Super Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Why are people posting old news?

Bernat and Rode weren't mentioned in this thread yet.

Aenaes wrote: »
    Bernat and Rode weren't mentioned in this thread yet.

They're still old news. May have went under the radar to you but not to many on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Yeah people should stick to debating how much was spent on players and whether they are worth that rather than posting transfers.

Right. My psychic abilities don't seem quite as strong as yours so I wasn't sure how many people had known about it. I had not seen it reported anywhere until I stumbled across an article about it.

But hey, screw me for posting transfer news that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet.

Aenaes wrote: »
    Right. My psychic abilities don't seem quite as strong as yours so I wasn't sure how many people had known about it. I had not seen it reported anywhere until I stumbled across an article about it.

But hey, screw me for posting transfer news that hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet.

Glad you understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bit of an odd deal that Douglas fella to barca, would have thought Montoya would get a chance this year unless alves is binned I can't see that happening

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They're still old news. May have went under the radar to you but not to many on here.

I'd rather read old news than pages and pages about Di Maria without actually furthering the news of the transfer in the slightest.

Leicester have apparently agreed a fee with Wigan for James McArthur.

• Advertisement
Advertisement