Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread - Summer 2014 - Mod note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I'd say this is right about the level he is at. Been saying it in the Arsenal thread he was overrated by many I was happy we sold him when we did my only suprise was it was Barca who bought him.

He always lacked awareness and discipline. He was never in a million years going to make it at Barca.

Ye could have actually used him this season, there is no physicality in the Arsenal midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

JPA wrote: »
    Ye could have actually used him this season, there is no physicality in the Arsenal midfield.

I agree Arsenal need a DM but Arteta is a far superior player than Song.

Yes but relying on him is insanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,981 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Statement of fact there? I disagree, Song is far better defensively to Arteta.

Yes but relying on him is insanity.

Not really have Flamini for back up who is better than most give him credit for plus most Arsenal fans haven't given up hope of signing a DM.
    eagle eye wrote: »

Well obviously it's not a fact this is boards all about opinions:confused:.

I disagree Song could be far better defensively if he had the discipline but in his time at Arsenal I could count on one hand how many brilliant performances he gave.

Mostly he lacked discipline and was often caught out of position and more often than not when that happened he was seen strolling back when teams attacked with pace. The fact he popped up with some nice assists in his last season glossed over his deficiencies for many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Song was always more concerned with making hollywood passes over the top than being in position for counter attacks.

Good player mind, just not a great player. His link up with RvP during his Arsenal time got him off the hook for his defensive frailties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

No way. Arteta is a great reader of the game, and while he's not the best DM in the world, he's still far better than Song. The amount of times we got caught with Song out of position is countless, the man has no discipline whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Diaby played 45 for the u21s during the week, he'll hopefully get 15-20 games this season being conservative, but you know what he's like. still might make a signing there too.

but there was none last season either but that's not the reason arsenal didn't win the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone expecting or hoping for a super duper shock signing sensation tomorrow?

Falcao to City on loan? Reus to fill Liverpools tricky right back position? Ryan Babel to Burnley? Schneiderlin to Spurs?

• Advertisement

• I see Arsenal to hijack loic Remy transfer from chelsea?

SSN reporting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Anyone expecting or hoping for a super duper shock signing sensation tomorrow?

Falcao to City on loan? Reus to fill Liverpools tricky right back position? Ryan Babel to Burnley? Schneiderlin to Spurs?

Falcao will be going to Madrid, Sergio Romero to Liverpool apparently also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The daley blind deal will be done early tomorrow but expect jim white to jump around the place that it's going down to the wire.

Remy to either arsenal or chelsea will be the most exciting deal tomorrow, Jim should get alot of mileage out of that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Remy is a mad one. Seems nobody wanted him, then he went on loan to Newcastle, came back to QPR, noone wanted him, then he was off to Liverpool, then they said no, now it's a battle to the death between Chelsea and Arsenal. Mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Remy is a mad one. Seems nobody wanted him, then he went on loan to Newcastle, came back to QPR, noone wanted him, then he was off to Liverpool, then they said no, now it's a battle to the death between Chelsea and Arsenal. Mad!

And now he's officially warming the Chelsea bench. Congrats, Loic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Kagawa back to BVB has been confirmed.

https://twitter.com/BVB/status/506100703488929792

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wonder how Remy feels about warming the bench for Chelsea. I am amazed that Arsenal didn't do all they could to get him. Ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

That_Guy wrote: »
    Wonder how Remy feels about warming the bench for Chelsea. I am amazed that Arsenal didn't do all they could to get him. Ridiculous.

His last club was QPR, we all know why he is at Chelsea.

Whatever Arsenal offer, Chelsea will add 20k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    His last club was QPR, we all know why he is at Chelsea.

Whatever Arsenal offer, Chelsea will add 20k

Also a chance to win something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

MagicIRL wrote: »

There is some interesting rumours floating about as to why Liverpool didn't go through with the move, and in turn why Remy nor his representatives didn't really deny Liverpool's so called claims at the time over him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Shinji+Kagawa+Manchester+United+v+Swansea+2I2wKMN19iOl.jpg

Farewell Shinji, I wish him all the best

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    Kagawa back to BVB has been confirmed.

https://twitter.com/BVB/status/506100703488929792

Wasted talent at Utd, he deserves better. Will be utilised properly by Dortmund

Also a chance to win something.

Ah yea because Chelsea won so much last season and Arsenal won.....oh wait.

Let's not forget the massive gap in points in the league between the two last season to oh yea sorry that was only 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Chico heading for real Madrid on loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Holtby heading to Hamburg for a medical tomorrow according to the Hamburger Abendblatt. A 1 year loan they think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

City Falcao for 55m they need to shift loads!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/31/manchester-city-offered-radamel-falcao-monaco
    Manchester City have been offered Monaco’s Radamel Falcao for around €70m (£55m) and are trying to make the deal happen within the constraints of Uefa’s financial fair play system before the transfer window closes at 11pm on Monday night.

Manuel Pellegrini wants to sign the striker but the sense at the club is that time could run out. City are allowed a net spend of £49m and have around £24m at the moment after Jack Rodwell, Javi García and Gareth Barry departed.

City would need to more than double the money available to them and would be willing to sell Álvaro Negredo, Micah Richards, Matija Nastasic and Scott Sinclair to raise the money. There is interest in Richards from Sunderland but his wages may be an issue.

Liverpool should make an offer for Negredo - 12 million.

Also, this presumably signals the end of Project Monaco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Chico heading for real Madrid on loan

flores?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    flores?

Hernandez

Hernandez

Never heard of him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Never heard of him!

The guy who plays for united and mexico

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Wasted talent at Utd, he deserves better. Will be utilised properly by Dortmund

We.are.in.agreement! :eek::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Phoenix wrote: »
    But Chelsea finished third..above arsenal..don't forget the two European trophies in the two proceeding seasons see we can play this game all day!

Keep it up, it's a refreshing break from the usual manchverpooling that goes on around here!!

:D:D:D

Toby alderweirld heading to Southampton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Good to hear that. He was a bit lost at Athletico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It'll be interesting to see where he plays, will have to do a lot to dislodge Clyne.

Corholio wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see where he plays, will have to do a lot to dislodge Clyne.

Can he not play centre half? Replacement for lovern

Id be 99% sure hes going to play centre half, yoshida is terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Cerci to atleti, brilliant window for them so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Some sources saying Negredo is off on loan, I don't think his wages will put much of a dent in the Falcao fee

Just heard it at half time during the real game, hes off to Valencia with the option to buy at the end of the season.

Surely makes room for Falcao to City?

And so the fun begins.

Showcross to Everton is the latest bullplop story doing the rounds on twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Burnley are poised to sign Hull City forward George Boyd. SSN.

Southampton close to agreeing deal with Atletico Madrid for defender Toby Alderweireld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

zerks wrote: »
    Burnley are poised to sign Hull City forward George Boyd. SSN.

Southampton close to agreeing deal with Atletico Madrid for defender Toby Alderweireld

Burnley are really struggling to sign players. Paying £3m for Boyd isn't good value at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,981 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Gavlor wrote: »
    And so the fun begins.

Showcross to Everton is the latest bullplop story doing the rounds on twitter
    Everton have Jagielka, Distin, Stones and Alcaraz, why would they want another centre-back? They need another striker or even an attacking midfielder.

Everton have Jagielka, Distin, Stones and Alcaraz, why would they want another centre-back? They need another striker or even an attacking midfielder.

After the first 3 games we badly need a centre half. Jags off form, distin is now past it. Stones was poor in pre season and alcarez injury prone and useless. Would love shawcross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Attacking mid would do wonders for that team.

Alcaraz is brutal and distin is almost finished. Anyone that has watched Everton in both pre season and the first 3 games can see that they are crying out for another centre half.

Link: https://twitter.com/90thmin/status/506180767811395584

HazDanz wrote: »
    Attacking mid would do wonders for that team.

I'd have to agree with this although Barkley will be back in 3-4 weeks so it's not a priority

• Advertisement
Advertisement