Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread - Summer 2014 - Mod note in OP

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Seriously? They just let Welbeck and Chicarito go, in this Transfer Window.

And if the Rumors concerning RVP's Knee Operation is True, they'd be left with 1 Senior Striker.

Man U Fans better pray that Rooney doesn't get Injured.

Click on the link............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Had to laugh

15670_870796596276734_6400324788428030647_n.jpg?oh=c6bb5642305e3bd2e80c37e1dadaa07a&oe=54703D23&__gda__=1416799070_225cc2bd478402a46f4da4a4d704e662

Pray for Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Ben Arfa to Hull Done! (according to the perving camera man)

https://twitter.com/sir_cornflake/status/506589375501991936

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Had to laugh

15670_870796596276734_6400324788428030647_n.jpg?oh=c6bb5642305e3bd2e80c37e1dadaa07a&oe=54703D23&__gda__=1416799070_225cc2bd478402a46f4da4a4d704e662

Pray for Arsenal

But but ah fcuk it... fingers crossed us Arsenal fans can be the ones smiling in a few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Welbeck to Arsenal done.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I think he will turn out to be a great signing for Arsenal in time, would wish him nothing but the best for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

In all the madness of today and ridiculous fees, it's a nice footnote that Kranjcar took a 66% wage cut to join QPR. Of course he's still getting decently paid but good to know it's not always about earning more and more.

rumours that john Guidetti has asked to have is contract cancelled with man city as its in its last year to sign for celtic on a free. subject to approval

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

• Advertisement

Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, RVP and Falcao, that is seriously impressive.

Falcao plays best when he's the 1 up front so it's gonna be interesting to see how they work him in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Corholio wrote: »
    Falcao plays best when he's the 1 up front so it's gonna be interesting to see how they work him in.

not true at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Had to laugh

Pray for Arsenal

alexis-sanchez_3019021b.jpg

curiously missing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

AdamD wrote: »

curiously missing

NOT A STRIKER.

IF you include Sanchez then Liverpool can include Sterling and Utd Di Maria. etc

AdamD wrote: »

curiously missing

Yeah funny to leave out possibly one of the best signings of the season!

Here's a question - why did Falcao end up at a side not playing Champions League football?

Once it became obvious Monaco were looking to take him off the wage bill at the very least, Real Madrid looked like the most obvious (and nuts) destination followed by PSG (if they shifted a couple). Then Liverpool made enquiries and were rebuffed by the player (though I really doubt LFC would make a rod for their backs with his 350k a week loan), and City entered the fray. Negredo is sold and then he pops up at Utd a team not playing CL football and certainly not guaranteed to be doing so next season.

So why did Real pass and get Utd loanee Hernandez instead, why did City not get fully involved (and why did they sell Negredo so leaving themselves short?)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Here's a question - why did Falcao end up at a side not playing Champions League football?

Once it became obvious Monaco were looking to take him off the wage bill at the very least, Real Madrid looked like the most obvious (and nuts) destination followed by PSG (if they shifted a couple). Then Liverpool made enquiries and were rebuffed by the player (though I really doubt LFC would make a rod for their backs with his 350k a week loan), and City entered the fray. Negredo is sold and then he pops up at Utd a team not playing CL football and certainly not guaranteed to be doing so next season.

So why did Real pass and get Utd loanee Henandez instead, why did City not get fully involved (and why did they sell Negredo so leaving themselves short?)?

Maybe the player wanted to go to United and, despite other clubs going for him, he declined?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I imagine the main reason is because the majority of clubs cannot afford his wages.

Realistically in England, only City could have offered what United did.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Maybe the player wanted to go to United and, despite other clubs going for him, he declined?

You missed BwTXF2NIYAAXq1O.jpg then? or was it a fake?

I think he actually had nowhere else to go - like Di Maria who was left high and dry by Real Madrid - the logic of that move also mystifies as moving him out should have been to make room for Falcao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I heard that was faked, but who really knows what goes on in the transfer world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

So why did Real pass and get Utd loanee Hernandez instead, why did City not get fully involved (and why did they sell Negredo so leaving themselves short?)?

According to Balague (i know i know) Madrid never wanted him and it was all Falcao and his agent trying to get a move there. Madrid always wanted a back up striker. Also i would assume alot of players noses would have been out of joint at those wages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You missed BwTXF2NIYAAXq1O.jpg then? or was it a fake?

I think he actually had nowhere else to go - like Di Maria who was left high and dry by Real Madrid - the logic of that move also mystifies as moving him out should have been to make room for Falcao.

Same reason Chelsea sold United Mata, they wanted rid at a high price and only united could meet that fee. They are all great signings for them definitely and have me worried again but circumstances made those players a lot easier to attract. If City or Real wanted Falcao seriously they would have got him same if PSG wanted Di Maria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

not true at all

He played in a 433 at porto with hulk and varela and a 4231 up front on his own at atleti, hes never played with with a strike partner in his two most fruitful spells at clubs, although i assume united will bin that 352 soon enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yeah funny to leave out possibly one of the best signings of the season!

Di Maria > Sanchez and its not even that close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

NOT A STRIKER.

IF you include Sanchez then Liverpool can include Sterling and Utd Di Maria. etc

You're wrong there.

Wenger has publicly said he signed him as a striker. And in four starts this season, he's started up top on his own twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

In your opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

So Mata, Di Maria and Falcao all ended up at United because they had nowhere else to go?
    Awwwh we're like a rescue centre for unwanted footballers, how nice.

In your opinion.

I know, I typed it.

So Mata, Di Maria and Falcao all ended up at United because they had nowhere else to go?
    Awwwh we're like a rescue centre for unwanted footballers, how nice.

Pretty much! Utd will spend money on the unwanted and the homeless superstar player that others won't as they either don't have the money or simply don't need the player.

not true at all

It is true. He's always played better and scored more goals when he has a system with wide players rather than a strike partner.

Pretty much! Utd will spend money on the unwanted and the homeless superstar player that others won't as they either don't have the money or simply don't need the player.

Falcao Di Maria and Mata are unwanted??

You're following the wrong sport if that's your opinion.

I'd rather loan Falcao for a year than buy over inflated English talent for 2-3x their worth.

• Advertisement

Pretty much!

And you know the ins and outs of these transfers? Who was in for them? How much they were willing to outlay and how much they were willing to pay in wages?

Falcao Di Maria and Mata are unwanted??

You're following the wrong sport if that's your opinion.

I'd rather loan Falcao for a year than buy over inflated English talent for 2-3x their worth.

I better explain how this market thing works - a seller needs a buyer, some "potential" buyers would like what the seller has but have not got the money, other "potential" buyers already have that product and are happy.

Utd had both the money and the "need" whereas PSG, Chelsea, Real, Barca and City (the only other plausible clubs) didn't need, other clubs who might say "I'd love a Di Maria" didn't have 60 million to spend.

In truth its not even that - Utd no more needed Mata in January than they need Falcao now but clearly a certain willy waving mentality has gripped the club so Woodward is writing cheques that the manager may not be able to cash on the field of play.

Mata has done sod all since his arrival and now looks like the 37 million quid spare wheel.

I better explain how this market thing works - a seller needs a buyer, some "potential" buyers would like what the seller has but have not got the money, other "potential" buyers already have that product and are happy.

Utd had both the money and the "need" whereas PSG, Chelsea, Real, Barca and City (the only other plausible clubs) didn't need, other who might say I'd love Di Maria didn't have 60 million to spend.

In truth its not even that - Utd no more needed Mata in January than they need Falcao now but clearly a certain willy waving mentality has gripped the club so Woodward is writing checks that the manager may not be able to cash on the field of play.

Mata has done sod all since his arrival and now looks like the 37 million quid spare wheel.

You really are clueless, the only thing you said that's true/relevant was that a buyer needs a seller, congratulations.

I'll take Di Maria over Markovic and Lallana, and I'd take loaning Falcao over Balotelli and Lambert.

To me it sounds like you're unhappy with your clubs dealings and are projecting those inadequacies towards Unites.

You really are clueless, the only thing you said that's true/relevant was that a buyer needs a seller, congratulations.

I'll take Di Maria over Markovic and Lallana, and I'd take loaning Falcao over Balotelli and Lambert.

To me it sounds like you're unhappy with your clubs dealings and are projecting those inadequacies towards Unites.

You can believe as you want, Utd have got players no one else wanted at huge expense (and Falcao is one knock from another knee op). I'm happy with the LFC summer as I posted on the thread about the transfer window 8/10 for me.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057281910

You can believe as you want, Utd have got players no one else wanted at huge expense (and Falcao is one knock from another knee op). I'm happy with the LFC summer as I posted on the thread about the transfer window 8/10 for me.

Poor United, stuck with the dross that nobody wanted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Surprised city let negredo go, ageuro and jovetic are fond of the treatment table leaving only dzecko as their only striker who you would rely on being fit for the rest of the season

klose wrote: »
    Surprised city let negredo go, ageuro and jovetic are fond of the treatment table leaving only dzecko as their only striker who you would rely on being fit for the rest of the season

They have to pray until January. Aguero is only a tackle from being out for 4-6 games at which point everything could be up in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

klose wrote: »
    He played in a 433 at porto with hulk and varela and a 4231 up front on his own at atleti, hes never played with with a strike partner in his two most fruitful spells at clubs, although i assume united will bin that 352 soon enough

He played a significant portion of his Atletico career playing alongside Costa, who was a magnificent foil for the Columbian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I would have liked Falcao at Chelsea, im sure every club would have but for a huge loan fee and those wages, im happier with a younger Costa.

Im sure urd fans wont give a bo**ocks how much they spend if they get top 4 or higher and whe you look at what theyve spent and who theyve brought in its a minimum, hell that squad/manager combo should be steam rolling the league but time will tell but theres huge pressure on LVG now he has the squad he wants, seemingly, to deliver.

In that case every single player is only one tackle away from a broken leg, so why sign anybody, stellar stuff again .

Utd are gambling on top 4 through sheer spending.

If they don't get it, it's a bit of financial disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

BwfeAOdCYAAcuNi.png:large

Falcao, Di Maria and Blind signed in 6 days...

Today, feeling like the classic

GIF--despair-Will-Ferrell-Ron-Burgundy-Anchorman-GIF.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Utd are gambling on top 4 through sheer spending.

If they don't get it, it's a bit of financial disaster.

And Arsenal are gambling on a threadbare defence keeping them in the top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No way!!!

In that case every single player is only one tackle away from a broken leg, so why sign anybody, stellar stuff again .

Sure but Utd already have a weak jointed player in Van Persie why sign another with such history?. You may find your buttocks clenching when Shawcross goes in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement