Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread - Summer 2014 - Mod note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    @FabrizioRomano
    Everything done for Filipe Luis to Chelsea, about contract too. Official soon. #CFC

That probably means Shaw to United then does it?

Chelsea are having a good transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Chelsea will have pretty much a perfect starting eleven if they signed filipe luis and costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've just seen that West Brom have appointed Alan Irvine as manager. What a terrible, dull appointment. They've only got about 15 first team players (3 of whom are goalkeepers) on their books at the minute too. They'll be in a for a massive struggle next year it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Paully D wrote: »
    I've just seen that West Brom have appointed Alan Irvine as manager. What a terrible, dull appointment. They've only got about 15 first team players (3 of whom are goalkeepers) on their books at the minute too. They'll be in a for a massive struggle next year it seems.

Didn't they do similar last season? Left a lot of players "go" only to resign in the off season. Must be 1 year deals which might indicate they're continually worried about relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Higuain to sign for Barca....Marca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

zerks wrote: »
    Higuain to sign for Barca....Marca.

Yeah, no thanks...

Sunderland close to signing Costel Pantilimon (The Times).

I think that would be a good addition. He presumably wouldn't be on too much money and with Mannone only having one year left on his contract and attracting interest from elsewhere, it would give us a bit of a safety blanket if he goes or doesn't want to renew his deal. We're also short an experienced #2 with Westwood gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Mars Bar wrote: »
    That probably means Shaw to United then does it?

Chelsea are having a good transfer window.

That's an understatement!

Given that Chelsea was apparently Shaw's first choice, as a Chelsea fan, would United really get a clear run at him just by offering higher wages to scare everyone else off?

• Advertisement

Barca confirm Rakitic signing.

I think that would be a good addition. He presumably wouldn't be on too much money and with Mannone only having one year left on his contract and attracting interest from elsewhere, it would give us a bit of a safety blanket if he goes or doesn't want to renew his deal. We're also short an experienced #2 with Westwood gone.

Just been confirmed now.4 year deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Just been confirmed now.4 year deal.

Good for both parties. Costel can do a great job for Sunderland. Was it a free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I love when 'journalists' who are clearly talking through their hole get it so wrong.

Only made this up yesterday - http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sunderland-move-hamburgs-rene-adler-3696423

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Surely he will be No 1, he left City because of lack of game time.

JPA wrote: »
    Surely he will be No 1, he left City because of lack of game time.

Did he (genuine question as I'm not sure)? Other places are reporting that he left Manchester City because he was "told his contract wouldn't be renewed" according to The Times, with the BBC reporting that he was "allowed to leave on a free transfer" and Manchester Evening News stating "he was allowed to leave the club on a free transfer this summer."

Either way, he'll get a fair shot at being #1 if Mannone stays, and may just be automatically #1 anyway if reports of better teams than us wanting Mannone are true as he only has 1 year left on his deal now. However, if both Mannone and Pantimilion are at the club I'd be very surprised if Mannone was displaced unless his level of performance dips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Pantimilion is a legit giant. Great signing for Sunderland. Not a fan of Mannone myself, but I reckon Pantimilion could be #1, especially coming down from the premier league winners.

Lescott close to signing for Hull it appears. Excellent signing IMO, I'd have been delighted if Sunderland had got him. I'd imagine he'll be on quite a big wage but as it's only a two year deal there's not too much damage done if it goes wrong.

If Davies keeps up his form from last season then that should be a solid partnership.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

West Ham have signed Kouyate from Anderlecht for £7.5M on a 4 year deal. Brilliant signing for them. Can't help but feel it's a missed opportunity for a CL club to sign him up though.

• Advertisement

John O'Shea subject of a £3m bid from Tottenham, per The Telegraph. What a bizarre signing that would be. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

John O'Shea subject of a £3m bid from Tottenham, per The Telegraph. What a bizarre signing that would be. :confused:

It would be an odd one but he'd be a good replacement for Dawson if he leaves of on a free though, so maybe that's the thinking behind it. Proven premier league player and experience at a top club. Thought he was pretty good for Sunderland during their good run at the end of the season. Was at Stamford Bridge for the Chelsea v Sunderland game and he was rock solid that day. £3m is the kind of fee Levy would like too so maybe Spurs don't have a lot of cash to spend this year.

However I wonder if O'Shea would be open to the move. He has a cosy starting place at Sunderland where he's also the captain. I'd imagine he'd be used in a squad rotation at best at Spurs. But it could be one last big contract for him which would bring him nicely to retirement, and at a decent club with a good manager.

It would be an odd one but he'd be a good replacement for Dawson if he leaves of on a free though, so maybe that's the thinking behind it. Proven premier league player and experience at a top club. Thought he was pretty good for Sunderland during their good run at the end of the season. Was at Stamford Bridge for the Chelsea v Sunderland game and he was rock solid that day. £3m is the kind of fee Levy would like too so maybe Spurs don't have a lot of cash to spend this year.

However I wonder if O'Shea would be open to the move. He has a cosy starting place at Sunderland where he's also the captain. I'd imagine he'd be used in a squad rotation at best at Spurs. But it could be one last big contract for him which would bring him nicely to retirement, and at a decent club with a good manager.

He certainly was pretty good during our run at the end, but so was every Sunderland player to be honest. There's a massive risk in just looking at that run, which is why I hoped the club didn't give all of the usual suspects who played a massive part in our poor season new deals based on that 5 or 6 game run. He was below average for the rest of the season.

A tactical analysis of all goals Sunderland conceded this season showed that O'Shea was directly at fault for 9, 6 of which came from set pieces.

If we could get £3m for him and put it towards a deal for Ashley Williams for around £5m-£6m (who the north-east press are claiming is one of our main targets this season) then I think it would be a good deal for us. Though I suspect this might be a ploy on O'Shea's agents part to manufacture a contract offer from Sunderland as he's out of contract next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Joleon Lescott has gone to WBA

BqkH0PGCAAAS4Dq.png

Bizzare move for Lescott. They'll be relegated next season methinks. Thought he would've moved alright, but to somewhere a little more stable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Bizzare move for Lescott. They'll be relegated next season methinks. Thought he would've moved alright, but to somewhere a little more stable.

clearly must be getting a nice pay cheque.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 IgnatiousReily

Really hope for Liverpool sake that they get to keep Suarez. They are on the cusp of something magical and they need him for it to come to fruition.

Surely they would never have agreed to a new contract with Suarez where the buyout clause was so low for Barcelona and Madrid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

AdamD wrote: »

Ye I like how his release clause is 67.9 million...not just 68, or sure round it off to 70. Do they have people who just come up with these numbers or is it this common to report fluid bull$hit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

tvnutz wrote: »
    Ye I like how his release clause is 67.9 million...not just 68, or sure round it off to 70. Do they have people who just come up with these numbers or is it this common to report fluid bull$hit?

Maybe converted from Euro? Converts very close to €85m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lads, stumbled upon this thread....

Is it JUST premiership or is it for any league or what? TBH I'm just interested in peoples thoughts on where Juan Iturbe will end up, I know Hellas bought his contract and are planning to sell him for profit, seems to be linked with AC Milan and Juve as of recent times....

Just wondering if anyone had any more info on his prospective immediate future!

• Advertisement

Lads, stumbled upon this thread....

Is it JUST premiership or is it for any league or what? TBH I'm just interested in peoples thoughts on where Juan Iturbe will end up, I know Hellas bought his contract and are planning to sell him for profit, seems to be linked with AC Milan and Juve as of recent times....

Just wondering if anyone had any more info on his prospective immediate future!

Any league AFAIK, though you'll probably be deemed a hipster for doing so.

He's been linked with quite a few clubs over the last few to handful of months, from the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, both Milan clubs, Roma, Atleti, Monaco and I think Barca too. Whether he ends up at one of those clubs next, I'm not sure. He does look super talented though, I can certainly see similarities between him and Alexis Sanchez.

Any league AFAIK, though you'll probably be deemed a hipster for doing so.

He's been linked with quite a few clubs over the last few to handful of months, from the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, both Milan clubs, Roma, Atleti, Monaco and I think Barca too. Whether he ends up at one of those clubs next, I'm not sure. He does look super talented though, I can certainly see similarities between him and Alexis Sanchez.

I read a report that Juve had made a formal bid of 25mil, couldn't find another source to confirm it though...

Was hoping some Juve fans were lurking here and could verify

Napoli interested in Michu apparently.

Bein sports saying Falcao is to sign for Real Madrid after the world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Benzema off to Arsenal I think or maybe Liverpool if Barca get Suarez

Thoughts on De Jong to Man U? Few seem to be reporting that one now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

"X launch £XXm bid for Ivan Perisic"

Just getting this silly rumour out of the way.

I'd make a great sports journalist at metro or the daily mail.

• Thoughts on De Jong to Man U? Few seem to be reporting that one now
    It's hard call...

He had a great game tonight; he's great for breaking up play and excellent on the tackle.

Could be the bit of steel in the middle we are missing badly.

He put Robben through with a lovely ball with the outside of his right foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Rio to QPR done according to some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Bein sports saying Falcao is to sign for Real Madrid after the world cup.

When he joined Monaco it was rumoured to be a temporary stop over as Atletico wouldn't sell to Real.

• Advertisement

I read a report that Juve had made a formal bid of 25mil, couldn't find another source to confirm it though...

Was hoping some Juve fans were lurking here and could verify

There is one (proper) Juve fan here on Boards but I haven't seen him post in ages.

Heard/Read the fee's been branded about ranged that figure though alright.

Man U have bid £34M for Shaw according to a few different sources in the media.. all the while some Spanish radio station is saying they've completed the signing of Bilbao's Herrera for €32-36M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

34 million for Shaw seems absolute madness

• SSN reporting Anders Herrera deal is close :)

34 million for Shaw seems absolute madness

The Herrera deal is equally amusing, especially after last summer. Nice player, will add to the team, but isn't worth the fee. Somewhat similar to Lallana in some ways - style on the pitch and fee, I think he's worth half of what the figure is being reported.

The Herrera deal is equally amusing, especially after last summer. Nice player, will add to the team, but isn't worth the fee. Somewhat similar to Lallana in some ways - style on the pitch and fee, I think he's worth half of what the figure is being reported.

We're playing with Carrick, Cleverly, Fellaini and Fletcher.

Herrera is worth his weight in gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

2 million quid according to gold prices and Football Manager :cool:

Utd being taken to the cleaners if those figures are correct.

We're playing with Carrick, Cleverly, Fellaini and Fletcher.

True, but it doesn't mean you're not being mugged on the fee and for a player who predominately plays CAM in which you already have Kagawa, Mata, Fellani, Adnan and Rooney who can play there. I think Young has played there as well in the past for Villa during 08/09 too.

edit - Herrera played as CAM in 26 out of 33 games last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Utd being taken to the cleaners if those figures are correct.

Giving 34 million to a direct rival can't be good either

Advertisement