Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfer Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread - Summer 2014 - Mod note in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Van Gaal will likely use him as the ball carrier in a two man midfield, and get somebody like Strootman in to anchor, not as a number 10

This transfer excites me, serious potential there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Herrera is very overpriced. But he is a very good midfielder. He can do a bit of everything in midfield.

• Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    The Herrera deal is equally amusing, especially after last summer. Nice player, will add to the team, but isn't worth the fee. Somewhat similar to Lallana in some ways - style on the pitch and fee, I think he's worth half of what the figure is being reported.

An upgrade on Lallana ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Alexander Büttner has left Man U for Dynamo Moscow, for in his own words.. to ‘win trophies’. No word on a fee from what I can see.
    M!Ck^ wrote: »
    An upgrade on Lallana ;)

Err.. okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

greendom wrote: »
    Giving 34 million to a direct rival can't be good either

200.gif

• Advertisement

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    True, but it doesn't mean you're not being mugged on the fee and for a player who predominately plays CAM in which you already have Kagawa, Mata, Fellani, Adnan and Rooney who can play there. I think Young has played there as well in the past for Villa during 08/09 too.

edit - Herrera played as CAM in 26 out of 33 games last season.

I'd imagine a few from that list will be shown the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I'd imagine a few from that list will be shown the door.
    Like who ?
    Young would be the only one I'd like rid of but who is going pay him what we do?

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Like who ?
    Young would be the only one I'd like rid of but who is going pay him what we do?

West Ham or QPR.. after one of them signs Glen Johnson though.

Alexander Büttner has left Man U for Dynamo Moscow, for in his own words.. to ‘win trophies’. No word on a fee from what I can see.

Not sure what he's hoping to win with Dynamo Moscow

Err.. okay.

As in your comparing him as a player to Herrera.

He might have similar style but Herrera is a better player.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

no he is not.

/we can do this all night.

I'll post what you want to read.

All players linked and signed by Manchester United are vastly superior to those of Liverpool.

PS: I highly doubt you've watched enough of Herrera to make such a claim anyway, but again, read the above.

Gomis is having a medical with Swansea right now according to GFN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Gomis is having a medical with Swansea right now according to GFN.

One of Bony or Michu on their way out then I would imagine... probably Bony

I think it's Michu actually. He was being linked with an Italian club yesterday on the ol Twitter, from hazy memory I think it was Napoli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

He was linked with West Ham too, no?

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Michu heavily linked with Napoli in the last 24hrs

I'll post what you want to read.

All players linked and signed by Manchester United are vastly superior to those of Liverpool.

PS: I highly doubt you've watched enough of Herrera to make such a claim anyway, but again, read the above.
    I have read the above already;

Equally you try and justify the potential Liverpool purchase of Lallana and somehow try and make a match to Herrera. I think you know deep down your getting the lesser of the two. But sure that's guesswork, like you saying that I haven't been watching him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Cesare Prandelli has just resigned as the Italian manager. I wonder will any clubs make a move for him over the summer now!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28009818

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

They've also signed Ter Steegen (sp) haven't they? Who's going to be number 1?

Degag wrote: »
    They've also signed Ter Steegen (sp) haven't they? Who's going to be number 1?
    Ter Stegen will be number 1 I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Ter Stegen will be number 1 I'd say.
    Ya, that's what I would have thought. Strange enough move. Bravo is only 31. Also according to Wiki, 12m is the fee. A lot to pay for a back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Degag wrote: »
    Ya, that's what I would have thought. Strange enough move. Bravo is only 31. Also according to Wiki, 12m is the fee. A lot to pay for a back up.

Between the time between Zubi & Valdes we had 8 gks or so... No harm in getting a reliable GK in the case that Ter Stegen doesnt bed in.

I have read the above already;

Equally you try and justify the potential Liverpool purchase of Lallana and somehow try and make a match to Herrera. I think you know deep down your getting the lesser of the two. But sure that's guesswork, like you saying that I haven't been watching him.

I don't work on guesswork on players I've watched.

Without the comparison to Lallana, I was saying the same thing about Herrera last summer too, perhaps I posted it on Boards, I certainly did elsewhere and I have Man U mates of mine who can back me up on that. Nice player, will add to the team, but not worth anywhere near the fee mentioned (12 months ago it was between 25-30M if I'm not mistaken). I've been nothing but consistent on the player. Different type of player, but had it been William Carvalho Man U signed instead, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

All I did was merely compare styles and fees as a fan of football, entirely without an agenda as not many people have really have taken notice of him. You then decided to be miffed off for the sake of it and take it personally like it was some a dig at Herrera.

As for me trying to justify Lallana's purchase.. Did Liverpool sign him when I was asleep (EST over here)? I hope not, unless it's for 15M, even then I'd probably still edge towards scouring elsewhere, but that's just me. Even if I can understand why Liverpool (Rodgers) wants/wanted to sign him and I like him as a player. I wouldn't break the bank for Lallana when there is better, younger, more proven talent out there. Once again, 15M if the correct fee for Lallana with possibly add-ons taking it to 20M at a push (like Herrera!), I've said as much on Lallana numerous times in the Liverpool thread that the club had it spot on with their initial bid of 15M.

Same applies for Herrera, a player I've never wished Liverpool to sign whatsoever in fact and boy have I mentioned a fair amount of players I'd LOVE the club to sign.

So despite expanding on my thoughts which I expect to go amiss, I'll quote yesterday's post to keep you happy:

Koke and Juanfran have signed new contracts with Atleti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Does anyone know much about the Greek, Kone, who plays his club football at Bologna?

I've seen virtually nothing of him but reports in Italy suggest that Sunderland are interested. Most likely it's just a lazy link given the amount of interest we had in players from Serie A last season, but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Paully D wrote: »
    Does anyone know much about the Greek, Kone, who plays his club football at Bologna?

I've seen virtually nothing of him but reports in Italy suggest that Sunderland are interested. Most likely it's just a lazy link given the amount of interest we had in players from Serie A last season, but who knows.

I've only seen him at the World Cup for Greece, but I've been Impressed with him. Runs all day.

Garay to Zenit is a done deal for €6M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Garay to Zenit is a done deal for €6M.

15 mill. 6mill is Benfica's cut.

Still a good signing for €15m.

Jake Livermore has signed for Hull for a "club record fee", thought to be about £8m according to the BBC.

A ridiculous fee. How they seem to have escaped any criticism for it thus far is strange.

Liam Ridgwell signs for Portland Timber.

According to Ramano, Fernando has joined Man City from Porto for... €15M

Jake Livermore has signed for Hull for a "club record fee", thought to be about £8m according to the BBC.

A ridiculous fee. How they seem to have escaped any criticism for it thus far is strange.

They've now reportedly had an £8m bid for Robert Snodgrass accepted from Norwich. **** me :pac: Snodgrass and Livermore for £16m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

They've now reportedly had an £8m bid for Robert Snodgrass accepted from Norwich. **** me :pac: Snodgrass and Livermore for £16m.

I thought Livermore did very well for them last year, and he's young enough still. I mean for Hull he's great player to have around. 8 is only slightly over the odds.

Snodgrass well he's very good when he's good and when he's not well yeah you can see where I'm going :pac: I like him though and I actually don't think it's too bad a bit of business for the pair. He'd be similar to Robbie Brady I guess so I wonder what that means for him?

I don't work on guesswork on players I've watched.

Without the comparison to Lallana, I was saying the same thing about Herrera last summer too, perhaps I posted it on Boards, I certainly did elsewhere and I have Man U mates of mine who can back me up on that. Nice player, will add to the team, but not worth anywhere near the fee mentioned (12 months ago it was between 25-30M if I'm not mistaken). I've been nothing but consistent on the player. Different type of player, but had it been William Carvalho Man U signed instead, I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

All I did was merely compare styles and fees as a fan of football, entirely without an agenda as not many people have really have taken notice of him. You then decided to be miffed off for the sake of it and take it personally like it was some a dig at Herrera.

As for me trying to justify Lallana's purchase.. Did Liverpool sign him when I was asleep (EST over here)? I hope not, unless it's for 15M, even then I'd probably still edge towards scouring elsewhere, but that's just me. Even if I can understand why Liverpool (Rodgers) wants/wanted to sign him and I like him as a player. I wouldn't break the bank for Lallana when there is better, younger, more proven talent out there. Once again, 15M if the correct fee for Lallana with possibly add-ons taking it to 20M at a push (like Herrera!), I've said as much on Lallana numerous times in the Liverpool thread that the club had it spot on with their initial bid of 15M.

Same applies for Herrera, a player I've never wished Liverpool to sign whatsoever in fact and boy have I mentioned a fair amount of players I'd LOVE the club to sign.

So despite expanding on my thoughts which I expect to go amiss, I'll quote yesterday's post to keep you happy:
    Correction there ^^

I said ' the potential Liverpool purchase of Lallana '

Try read the post clearly next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Some craziness right there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Shrewd by Levy, Hull talked themselves into the situation of badly needing him which probably inflated his price north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

utd sign herrera

• Advertisement

Correction there ^^

I said ' the potential Liverpool purchase of Lallana '

Try read the post clearly next time.

So that's your only response to my somewhat lengthy post? Unsurprising.

@SkySports_Keith
    Robert Snodgrass currently having a medical at Hull City after Norwich accepted a bid that we understand to be £7m for the Scotland winger.

So that's your only response to my somewhat lengthy post? Unsurprising.
    Nope not my only response so apologies for not responding to that. Fair point.

To note: I don't work on guesswork on players I've watched either. I have been watching him since Moyes had him scouted and I rate him.

Think we can park it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

@SkySports_Keith
    Robert Snodgrass currently having a medical at Hull City after Norwich accepted a bid that we understand to be £7m for the Scotland winger.

Hull spending big again.

Hull spending big again.

Yep, but it's barely recognised for some reason.

I'm going off topic a bit now, but Bruce also appeared in many Manger of the Year shortlists last season too. I found that strange considering they smashed their transfer record twice, spent over £25m and only finished 16th, just 4 points off relegation. I guess a lot of it is down to getting to the cup final, but I think their run to same was the easiest in recent memory.

With Europe to come this season, if they get through to the group stages of that then they could be in for a long campaign.

So Utd have spent
    27m - Fellaini
    37m - Mata
    29m - Herrara
    30m approx - Shaw
    Put Rooney on 300k & given Nani & Valencia new contracts.

123m on those players in madness imo. They better hope they make the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

There's probably another 50-100 million going to be spent this summer

There's probably another 50-100 million going to be spent this summer
    i doubt it. They'll need to find teams willing to pay for Young,Nani, Cleverly & Fellaini. Valencia signing a new deal was strange too. Looks like Man Utd won't be signing many attacking players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Yep, but it's barely recognised for some reason.

I'm going off topic a bit now, but Bruce also appeared in many Manger of the Year shortlists last season too. I found that strange considering they smashed their transfer record twice, spent over £25m and only finished 16th, just 4 points off relegation. I guess a lot of it is down to getting to the cup final, but I think their run to same was the easiest in recent memory.

With Europe to come this season, if they get through to the group stages of that then they could be in for a long campaign.

They were safe with about 10 games to go, their form dropped in the run in but any team outside the top 8 who are safe that early and get to a cup final will be delighted with their season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

MD1990 wrote: »
    i doubt it. They'll need to find teams willing to pay for Young,Nani, Cleverly & Fellaini. Valencia signing a new deal was strange too. Looks like Man Utd won't be signing many attacking players.

Please tell us more, we're dying to find out whats happening at the club!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement