Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Speed Issue in Douglas Cork

Options
  • 07-05-2014 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hey Guys,
    I've been trying to get onto Tech Support on the issue below for 2 days, 3 calls and 3 50 min waits later I've given up.

My broadband speed has dropped off to practically 0Mb/s the last few days, making it impossible to get online at times.

See speed tests below for details. 

5th May 22:16
    DL: 0.19kbps
    UL: 0.14kbps
    Ping: 197ms

5th May 18:45
    DL: 0.35kbps
    UL: 0.22kbps
    Ping: 204ms

16th Feb 21:10
    DL: 0.19kbps
    UL: 0.23kbps
    Ping: 203ms

My Line number is 0214891013.

Is there somebody who can look into this for me and let me know is there a resolution possible? I'm currently paying for a service i'm not receiving which doesn't see right.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hey Guys,
    I've been trying to get onto Tech Support on the issue below for 2 days, 3 calls and 3 50 min waits later I've given up.

My broadband speed has dropped off to practically 0Mb/s the last few days, making it impossible to get online at times.

See speed tests below for details. 

5th May 22:16
    DL: 0.19kbps
    UL: 0.14kbps
    Ping: 197ms

5th May 18:45
    DL: 0.35kbps
    UL: 0.22kbps
    Ping: 204ms

16th Feb 21:10
    DL: 0.19kbps
    UL: 0.23kbps
    Ping: 203ms

My Line number is 0214891013.

Is there somebody who can look into this for me and let me know is there a resolution possible? I'm currently paying for a service i'm not receiving which doesn't see right.
    Hi General Disorder
    I have tested your line and there may be an issue there affecting speeds. I have sent this to local technical ground crew for investigation and any issue identified will be resolved.
    Line faults are resolved within 2 / 4 days and I will PM you with the fault ref number to track.
    For data and security reasons I would advise removing your own line number from your post though. You never know who is watching.
    I hope this gets your issue resolved. If you continue to experience same issue please let me know.
    Tony

Advertisement