Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting a month for account to be closed!

Options
  • 07-05-2014 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

I sent a letter to BOI, Mainguard Street in Galway on 8-Apr asking them to close my current account.  I provided a separate account to transfer any remaining balance.  I have tried calling directly numerous time but only get through to a "BOI Direct" system.

What is the delay?

How can I determine where my request is and why it has not been processed?

Regards,
    Ranleth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Ranleth,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie

We are sorry to hear of the delay in closing your account. 

When you call your branch, a representative on Bank of Ireland Direct will be happy to help you with your query or can also transfer your call to the Mainguard Street branch so you can speak with an in-branch Advisor.

You can find the contact details of Mainguard Street branch here

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Ranleth

Thanks Sarah,

Unfortunately ringing any BIO branch e.g. Mainguard Street 091567181 or GMIT 091755347 gets you through to the BOI Direct.  

So to close an a/c I was told to send a letter to my branch - which I did.
    Apparently that letter then gets re-directed to a different location for processing.  In my case the letter is now lost so the recommendation is to resend a copy.

Surely it must be possible to scan in a copy and email this rather than waiting a number of days to see if a letter was received?

Thanks,
    Ranleth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Ranleth[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We are sorry to hear the account closure letter will need to be resent. It will be necessary to resend the letter by post or hand the letter into any nearby branch. If we may advise on the letter request, to include a contact number and request a staff member to contact you by phone once the letter has been received. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Although it is not possible to scan, email or fax this request, we will certainly pass on your suggestions to our Branch Network Team as we do understand a repeat of this request can be time consuming for you.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Just in relation to the time frame of such a request, when the new letter is sent, depending from where the letter is being posted from, we would ask 3-5 working days to receive this and a further 2 working days to process the request.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Details of our branches can be found here[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please do feel free to contact us here for any further help with this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

Advertisement