Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recessed Timer and Powerpoint needed

Options
  • 07-05-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

In my office we have two wall mounted pictures with integral LEDs that are powered off 220v to 9v/3a Transformers.

At present the trailing leads from both displays to the socket/transformer directly below are unsightly hence I am looking for options to

a) Install a recessed power point of some sort to hide the transformer behind each picture
    b) Install a small timer to make the displays illuminate during office hours or a failing that a small and discrete power switch to turn the 220 on/off as required.

I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas that they could suggest - (The walls are stud partition so I have the option of running an extension from the current socket behind the plaster board and then placing a socket and timer in a cavity that I could create - but I would prefer a more robust made to fit solution if at all possible)

I have seen some US options but I don't want to have to pay customs etc. for a solution which I can hopefully buy either here or in the UK.

Comments

Could they be switched from an existing lighting circuit with the transformer or alternative axial model(s) installed where it would be accessible and simply run low voltage wiring to the pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Could they be switched from an existing lighting circuit with the transformer or alternative axial model(s) installed where it would be accessible and simply run low voltage wiring to the pictures?

Thanks for the reply - running the cables to the existing lights would be possible albeit a struggle due to little or no access , the problem however is that we have so many windows that the office lighting is only ever switched on early mornings and late evenings during the darker months (ie they have been off since march now)

Advertisement