Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Chat - Rude or Not ?

Options
  • 07-05-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Big fan of Live chat BUT my last experience with Eircom live chat today left me Stunned after I was fobbed off and then "hung up" on.

The conversation started...

"ME:  Wanted to see when my address will be enabled for efibre soon"

"EIRCOM: I have checked the line and I'm afraid we have no timeframe on efibre as of yet. I will send you a link to register and once available we will contact you"

EIRCOM: Not all homes within an efibre area can get this service unfortunately you are not able to get efibre and we have no timeframe

EIRCOM: Is there anything else I can help you with today?

ME: anyone I can talk with that can give me more technical detail as to why ?

EIRCOM: So you want to know why you cannot get efibre?

ME: Just want to know why yes, is it that the cabinet has not been upgraded or is it just my line that has not

ME: and how long or when there are plans to update as I am at a stage where my Sky subscription is over and wanted to get evision

EIRCOM: Ok <MyName>, efibre is not available to everyone nor is broadband. We have not upgraded the cabinet near you as it takes time and money.

EIRCOM: As you have already registered we will contact you once available.

EIRCOM: Have a nice day!

This session has been closed by eircom

I have already been told by a local eircom engineer that the cabinet near me has been upgraded some time back and houses near me enabled.
    Is it professional to say "We have not upgraded the cabinet near you as it takes time and money" ? REALLY ?!

I switched back to Eircom recently from a less professional telecom company with poor service and customer service and this kind of attitude really gets on my nerves and is one of the reasons I left the last company.  

Basic Customer care Rules IMO
    Give your customers transparent / truthful information and if you don't know or don't have the information at hand then try and get this information or forward the customer to someone that might help, don't be rude / ignorant and don't then disconnect a session before the customer has an opportunity to  respond.

Comments

Advertisement