Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert - number of subjects

Options
  • 07-05-2014 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Can anyone tell me what the minimum number of subjects that you must sit for the Junior Certificate are? I have trawled through examinations.ie to no avail. I know that you can get exemptions from certain aspects of the exams such as projects but theres nothing I can find about the actual subjects themselves. I have a daughter who is receiving 7 hours of tuition a week at home and has just been diagnosed with high functioning autism/aspergers and has difficulty with sitting all the subjects, I would rather she were able to concentrate on the ones that she has less issue with...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There is no minimum.
    Many schools have groups of students who only sit 5 subjects. For many reasons, some students are more suited to concentrating on fewer subjects. Some schools have students who only sit one or two.

Advertisement