Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed IT hub for Longford

Options
  • 07-05-2014 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Read more about it here: http://www.longfordleader.ie/news/business/plans-to-launch-support-hub-for-local-it-start-ups-1-6030704

It's only a proposal at the minute but the meeting for it was held in the Longford arms there yesterday night.

It aims to offer both financial and business support to IT startups in Longford and hopefully attract more jobs to the town.

There does appear to be general interest especially from people who are commuting from Longford dealing with the cost of travel to and from work (in the IT sector).

I'd be glad to see it go ahead, it's one of the sectors that does seem to still be doing well...although if there will be a lot of jobs out of it or even if it will go ahead is yet to be seen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Barton4life

Damn that'd be dead handy for when I get my CS degree, Wouldn't have to spend tonnes on transport. Hope it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Damn that'd be dead handy for when I get my CS degree, Wouldn't have to spend tonnes on transport. Hope it happens.

Me too,

Would be nice to boost IT job creation in Longford. Can count on one hand the number of IT businesses that deal with software in or around Longford hope to see that number increase should the hub go ahead.

Advertisement