Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to lodge a cheque with the new lodgement machines?

Options
  • 07-05-2014 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I have got a hand written cheque from a company and want to lodge it in my account today, do i use one of these machines? will it be able to read the hand written cheque and how do i do it? I have lodged cash with these machines but didnt think it would do cheques , it all sounds very confusing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

It does sound confusing, but when you actually do it, it's not too bad. Follow the on-screen instructions, and be sure to feed the cheque in the recommended orientation.

The OCR software seems to work quite well, and it should be able to read the amount. But, just in case, it displays an image of the cheque, a report of what it has read, and gives you the option of confirming the amount or correcting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

first you press start,

then they ask you for your account numbers you key these in,

they ask if you are lodging or whatever, you press lodgement if that is what you do,
    they tell you when to slot in the cheques, you put them in in one bundle and not one by one,
    i am trying to think of what else you do, as i am only getting used to it,
    i would always get a readout of what i lodged, for my own safety.

follow that they ask and you will be ok, dont worry if you are making a mess of it, i have been doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

goat2 wrote: »
    first you press start,

then they ask you for your account numbers you key these in,

they ask if you are lodging or whatever, you press lodgement if that is what you do,
    they tell you when to slot in the cheques, you put them in in one bundle and not one by one,
    i am trying to think of what else you do, as i am only getting used to it,
    i would always get a readout of what i lodged, for my own safety.

follow that they ask and you will be ok, dont worry if you are making a mess of it, i have been doing that.

I thought my atm card would be enough? or do i actually need to bring my account number and other banking info?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Video wrote: »
    I thought my atm card would be enough? or do i actually need to bring my account number and other banking info?

You don't need your account number if you have your card and pin number. The entering of account number is just an alternative.

It really is quite straightforward enough, there is usually a bank assistant available if you have problems, but shouldn't be any.

I just looked at the cheque again... its an aib cheque but im with bank of ireland, is this any issue? can i still use bank of ireland machines? sorry for the questions haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

I just looked at the cheque again... its an aib cheque but im with bank of ireland, is this any issue? can i still use bank of ireland machines? sorry for the questions haha

Shouldn't be an issue.

Shouldn't be an issue.

Got it done with no hassles anyway , thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

you are right, sorry about that, i have had to do it for another person, and they give me their number, i had no choice.

Advertisement