Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Seems so that the change over to 3e worked out pretty well for c6 in terms of ratings and getting it on saorview, the opposite will happen with be3, instead of ratings going up, they will sink like a stone, isn't B3s daytime schedule a carbon copy of what 3e used to have? A repeat of Ireland am and xpose?

It didn't initially, 3e saw a slight dip at the start of 2009 from 2008, you have to remember the DTT role out was a mess Channel 6 was to early for its introduction which was in 2011, and it was only then that 3e start seeing gains in audience.

2006 0.4% (march start date)
    2007 0.6%
    2008 0.8%
    2009 0.85% (as 3e)
    2010 1.1%
    2011 1.2%
    2012 1.8% (DSO)
    2013 2.3% (Full year with no analogue)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

Elmo wrote: »
    It didn't initially, 3e saw a slight dip at the start of 2009 from 2008, you have to remember the DTT role out was a mess Channel 6 was to early for its introduction which was in 2011, and it was only then that 3e start seeing gains in audience.

2006 0.4% (march start date)
    2007 0.6%
    2008 0.8%
    2009 0.85% (as 3e)
    2010 1.1%
    2011 1.2%
    2012 1.8% (DSO)
    2013 2.3% (Full year with no analogue)

I wonder tho if it wasn't sold would the original oweners have put the channel on saorview ? They might have thought it wasn't worth the carriage cost as the vast majority of under 35s would have been in sky/cable/MMDS households at that time

I wonder tho if it wasn't sold would the original owners have put the channel on saorview ? They might have thought it wasn't worth the carriage cost as the vast majority of under 35s would have been in sky/cable/MMDS households at that time

They were part of the trails for soarview and seemed to be the most supportive of the project at the time. They'd been in talks with Sky and had hoped to work with the new DTT services.

Though at the time most (not on boards.ie) assumed that the majority of channels would be behind paywall, and by chasing after that they failed to sell the project to a commercial backer (it wasn't going to work out regards of how much each backer blamed RTE Networks/2RN).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

I read on the tv channels.com website that be3 will be in HD on both Sky and Virgin.

I read on the tv channels.com website that be3 will be in HD on both Sky and Virgin.

Yep UTV Ireland is being renamed be3, so HD channels are part of that change. Question is why 3e isn't going HD or not replacing UTV Ireland HD on the pay platforms considering it has most of the sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

Saw a billboard advertisement for the '3' channels this morning with their new Logos, A massive Three and a smaller 3e and be3. No mention of the change on their website, imagine everyone will imagine the add is for three mobile, as I did at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭JDxtra

They just registered the domain Be3.ie but nothing on it yet.

Wtf does be3 even mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Wtf does be3 even mean ?

Be3s are good,
    ebeneezer good

The continuity guy (Ryan Phillips) for 3e finished up today also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭frankymail

Kurn wrote: »
    Saw a billboard advertisement for the '3' channels this morning with their new Logos, A massive Three and a smaller 3e and be3. No mention of the change on their website, imagine everyone will imagine the add is for three mobile, as I did at first.

Here are the ads if anyone wants a look!

http://imgur.com/a/w3cJQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭galtee boy

I see next weeks RTÉ Guide has promoted 3e to the full listings column previously occupied by UTV Ireland and Be3 gets a " regional variation " type listing, squashed into the bottom of the page.

galtee boy wrote: »
    I see next weeks RTÉ Guide Be3 gets a " regional variation " type listing, squashed into the bottom of the page.

Downgraded to junk status so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

TV3 are just full of good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

TV3 are just full of good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

frankymail wrote: »
    Here are the ads if anyone wants a look!

http://imgur.com/a/w3cJQ

To be honest, I think that these look quite sharp and modern. The brand seems more "with it" than previous. I've updated the picons on my satellite box already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Downgraded to junk status so to speak

Or, RTE are just talking it down. They wouldn't be the best of mates with the Ballymount boys at the best of times.
    UTV? Go ahead, lads. Full listing. TV3 offshoot? No way, tiny box.

Does anyone know if Alison Comyn is staying on ?

Or, RTE are just talking it down. They wouldn't be the best of mates with the Ballymount boys at the best of times.
    UTV? Go ahead, lads. Full listing. TV3 offshoot? No way, tiny box.

Generally it's the opposite TV3 are very petty e.g. The soap review on Ireland AM for 2 years consisted of Red Rock! Or telling someone to stop plugging their new show on TG4!

I'd say TV3 asked for it to be 3e, to me TV3 want to reduce their audience.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The last Ireland Live - under that name at least - airs at 5:30pm today.

It'll be interesting to see if there's any news out of TV3 today about the new look.

Very hard for anyone to plan their viewing - or at least set recordings - when no EPG has listings for UTV Ireland/Be3 after Sunday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dom40

I am dissapointed that utv Ireland failed,but Iam even more dissapointed that the tv3 crowd have taken over,for 2 years the only soap that they mentioned was Red Rock,Now all of a sudden Emmerdale and Coronation street exist again and are great and not to be missed acording to the Ireland am crew(their pettiness and childishness is really sickening re other programmes on other channels)I,ve noticed the ad breaks are much longer now during Coronation street on tv3 than they were when it was on Utv ireland.

or Claire Brock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭galtee boy

icdg wrote: »
    The last Ireland Live - under that name at least - airs at 5:30pm today.

It'll be interesting to see if there's any news out of TV3 today about the new look.

Very hard for anyone to plan their viewing - or at least set recordings - when no EPG has listings for UTV Ireland/Be3 after Sunday night.

Don't know about the other Epgs, but the Vodafone EPG has slight update this morning, for Monday it now says "Be3 launching Monday January 9th ", rather than the " No programme information available " that was up on the UTV Ireland EPG for next Monday.

Same on Sky, though it's of no practical help whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Going by the Guide, could both 3e and be3 be considered R-rated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

icdg wrote: »
    Same on Sky, though it's of no practical help whatsoever.

Same on my FTA set up ...... no details

No word but she has tweeted that she'll be anchoring the last edition today. It sounds like a goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,629 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I presume the old UTV will not be returning to Virgin Media as it would directly compete with TV3's shows they bought from ITV?

I presume the old UTV will not be returning to Virgin Media as it would directly compete with TV3's shows they bought from ITV?

Correct. It will be a distant memory on VM.

• Advertisement

http://www.thejournal.ie/utv-ireland-final-broadcast-3172887-Jan2017/

The Journal's take on the end of Ireland Live, for what it's worth.

Advertisement