Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Any word on Broadchurch series 3 airdate?

I think someone said it will air an hour after UTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Any word on Broadchurch series 3 airdate?

Yep starting Monday 27th February at 10pm after Red Rock. The same occurred with Series 2 in Jan 2015 when they showed it an hour after ITV broadcast it.

Other shows starting next week include return of Ant & Dec Takeaway to TV3 on Saturday and Play To The Whistle on Thur on 3e (2 days after ITV)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭political analyst

Elmo wrote: »
    I think someone said it will air an hour after UTV.

Given that overspill of TV3 can be received only in the Isle of Man, parts of Northern Ireland and the Welsh coast, I don't see why ITV is insistent on TV3 not showing Broadchurch (which I don't watch) at the same time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I doubt that's the reason - there are plenty of other ITV shows which TV3 does simulcast with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭Delta2113

icdg wrote: »
    I doubt that's the reason - there are plenty of other ITV shows which TV3 does simulcast with no issues.

- Red Rock is on at 9pm -that's the reason but at least TV3 are showing it the same night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Yeah it would be foolish to change the time of Red Rock to accommodate Broadchurch for 8 weeks. Makes sense having Broadchurch one hour later

dave98 wrote: »
    Yeah it would be foolish to change the time of Red Rock to accommodate Broadchurch for 8 weeks. Makes sense having Broadchurch one hour later

While this might seem like a good reason its isn't the reason, TV3 have always played Broadchurch out an hour after UTV.

It will be interesting to see if Red Rock will see growth sandwiched between Coro and Broadchurch, its audience has only slightly grown in the last few months.

Also TV3 have 2 other channels which they could air Broadchurch on, but the excuse will be that it would be madness to air Broadchurch on another TV3 channel!

iseegirls wrote: »
    Yep starting Monday 27th February at 10pm after Red Rock. The same occurred with Series 2 in Jan 2015 when they showed it an hour after ITV broadcast it.

Other shows starting next week include return of Ant & Dec Takeaway to TV3 on Saturday and Play To The Whistle on Thur on 3e (2 days after ITV)

All should help boost TV3's audience. Play To The Whistle seems odd not to Simucast, but Tuesday night seems like an odd night for ITV.

All should help boost TV3's audience. Play To The Whistle seems odd not to Simucast, but Tuesday night seems like an odd night for ITV.

Guess to have a sports quiz on 3e against the CL on TV3 wouldn't make sense on a Tuesday.

I too am surprised that ITV have gone for an hour sports panel show at a 9pm slot, for a show that barely gets above 2.5million for the last 2 series.

In other odd news, Be3's 3Kids will just have Sesame Street from 6:35-10am from next Saturday onwards. That'll probably be around 3 or 4 episodes I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

I notice also that they have not updated the logo for 3 Kids, it still has the old TV 3 logo in it.

• Advertisement

Saint Patricks Day schedule is very weird on the TV3 channels. Now unless there's been a mistake, we'll have for the first time on St Patricks Day (or even on a Bank Holiday) the full Ireland AM show.
    They have all the news bulletins on at 12.30, 5.30, 7 and 10. Xpose and 6 O'Clock on too.

I'd be really surprised if this stayed like this. They normally go into shut down mode on Bank Holidays.

Typical Irish films there with Into The West, chasing leprechauns, butcher boy exist.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

I'd be really surprised if this stayed like this. They normally go into shut down mode on Bank Holidays.

They will have the Cheltenham Gold Cup to boost the schedule this year even if they go into traditional holiday mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

Is anyone having problems watching tv3 Ireland AM this morning? It looks like the picture is too big for my tv? All the other channels are fine....thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

TV3 looks fine / normal on my TV. Watching on Saorview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Genghis wrote: »
    TV3 looks fine / normal on my TV. Watching on Saorview.

Oxymoron of the thread.

Be interesting to see whether TV3 and Be3 continue to show Ireland AM, News and Six O'Clock Show for the bank holidays over the coming months, especially seeing they had all on today.

Also a late addition, 3e are showing the Germany and England football international friendly on Wednesday. Should get a decent rating.

Be interesting to see whether TV3 and Be3 continue to show Ireland AM, News and Six O'Clock Show for the bank holidays over the coming months, especially seeing they had all on today.

Also a late addition, 3e are showing the Germany and England football international friendly on Wednesday. Should get a decent rating.

Why not show it on one of your HD channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,768 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Why not show it on one of your HD channels?

It is HD on Virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Will be interesting to see alright but I seriously doubt it. RTE's six o clock news was an hour long (could be wrong but thought they usually only did 30 mins on a bank hol?) And they had the usual home and away/neighbours etc after the 1pm news. Was unusual to see the parade coverage was only from 12;15-1.35. Seems the schedules were "normal" on all channels today considering it was a bank holiday

Six One is normally an hour on St Patrick's Day - to allow for extended coverage of parades. I wouldn't take it as any example of a normal bank holiday at all.

As for TV3, was odd alright but they have an ITV network schedule to work around and are piling on the Oirish movies tonight.

Well done to them on picking up the England coverage btw - hopefully we will at least see the friendlies getting covered until the World Cup (after which friendlies become a minority species as the UEFA Nations League takes over those dates).

• Advertisement

TV3 to broadcast all of the remaining qualifying matches for England, starting with Lithuania on Sunday evening.

Makes you wonder if UTV Ireland could have picked up the rights at any time. Oh well.

They are taking match coverage tonight straight from ITV albeit with their own studio setup.

Makes you wonder if UTV Ireland could have picked up the rights at any time. Oh well.

They are taking match coverage tonight straight from ITV albeit with their own studio setup.

That's true. As expected, seemed like UTV Ireland just wanted to pick up the soaps and various other ITV Studios shows, and rely on them, instead of building a schedule around them.

Odd 3e haven't gone out of the way to hide the itv Sport logo.

There's normally a world feed available for a marquee friendly like this, but TV3 have opted to take the ITV network feed instead.

Incidentally the Irish Times' Laura Slattery is indicating that the deal is a sublicence from Sky Sports. Seems unlikely that Sky would sit on rights like these for two years (particularly when they have no problem opting out in Ireland for Premier League fixtures), but who am I to dare question the newspaper of record?

BBC long running quiz show Pointless will start on 3e Monday week at 7pm, with repeats the following day at 2.55

Positive move in that they'll stop the continuous repeating of Catchphrase.

Surprised they didn't go after this show when they lost The Chase and the other ITV Studios programming. Probably would have done well at 7pm on TV3 instead of the trial runs of Nothing To Declare and The Lie after Emmerdale and Corrie left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Be3 seems to show a lot of Dickinsons real deal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Be3 seems to show a lot of Dickinsons real deal
    Its the most random channel Ive ever seen, they approach scheduling like its a computer algorithm trying its best not a team of people being paid an actual wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭political analyst

Why won't TV3 just let VinB go? He's gettin' on in years and the Tonight programme is getting stale. It would make sense to replace him as host with Pat Kenny so that TV3's current affairs hour would be at the same time from Monday to Thursday instead of Kenny being on at 10 instead of Tonight with VinB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Incidentally the Irish Times' Laura Slattery is indicating that the deal is a sublicence from Sky Sports. Seems unlikely that Sky would sit on rights like these for two years (particularly when they have no problem opting out in Ireland for Premier League fixtures), but who am I to dare question the newspaper of record?

Aside from the Scotland game, the real value is in the friendly ties, and Setanta weren't exactly drawing huge audiences when they'd the England rights.

Advertisement