Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Looks like it's his last ever. One of there top shows with average audience of 120,000 but only when VB is presenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Elmo wrote: »
    Looks like it's his last ever. One of there top shows with average audience of 120,000 but only when VB is presenting.

VB certainly will be a loss I don't like it when other people present it, just not the same. Be interesting to see the Autumn schedule when it's released next month

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I wonder could TV3 offer the gig to Ivan Yates, would probably be one of the biggest names around.

They could but he's not very good. IMO the should be going after Pat Kenny or David McWilliams.

PK probably wouldn't agree to a live late night show considering his mid morning show on newstalk.

DMcW is probably the best bet but not sure if he is that enthusiastic about such a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

I saw a promo for Melissa and Joey on Virgin On Demand at the end of Catchphrase, could they put this on 3e as well or how do rights work? It would be a nice little show for the younger demographic meant to be targeted by 3e. They really need a few shows like this on 3e rather than repeats of ITV shows shown over and over again even ended shows like Friends, Malcom in the Middle, Two and a half Men, Scrubs etc would add a bit of variety. A bit like E4. They bother with Family Guy and American Dad so they could surely add a few shows like this, they would hardly have to dig too deep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Such a lack of comedies on 3e alright. They've 6 hours of daytime TV a day dedicated to 3 episodes of Tipping Point and 3 episodes of The Jeremy Kyle Show. Such lazy lazy scheduling.

How is be3 doing now since the takeover? In our house we used to watch Emmerdale and Corrie on it but since they changed to TV3, I honestly think I've only watched the odd bit on it. No more than 3/4 programmes

TV3 have really been lucky with both be3 and 3e.

The extremely lazy 3e schedule with a not too dissimilar be3 schedule achieves 2.5% share for both.

Virgin and TV3 seem to have separate teams buying programmes.

TV3 have really been lucky with both be3 and 3e.

The extremely lazy 3e schedule with a not too dissimilar be3 schedule achieves 2.5% share for both.

Virgin and TV3 seem to have separate teams buying programmes.

Ah yeah fairly lucky alright. Be interesting to see the autumn schedules. Well 3e I could predict but tv3 and be3 might have a few surprises- hopefully. Wonder if xpose will continue, TSOCS could change, will Elaine keep her slot? Then we will probably get the restaurant, doctor in the house, gogglebox and Pat Kenny again. Not sure if master chef will return? And be interesting to see what they do with the tonight show.

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Ah yeah fairly lucky alright. Be interesting to see the autumn schedules. Well 3e I could predict but tv3 and be3 might have a few surprises- hopefully. Wonder if xpose will continue, TSOCS could change, will Elaine keep her slot? Then we will probably get the restaurant, doctor in the house, gogglebox and Pat Kenny again. Not sure if master chef will return? And be interesting to see what they do with the tonight show.

3e is supposed to be doing more home produced programming this could mean Xpose moving to the channel. With the return of IACGMOH.

TV3 most likely announcements Red Rock, The X Factor, The Voice, Blind Date, Gogglebox and The Restaurant.

TV3 most likely not to be returning Masterchef (They were planning on doing a non-Celeb version)

TV3 reshuffle TSOCS, Elaine, Agenda and PK Tonight.

Perhaps the ending of news on be3.

• Advertisement

I think the daytime on TV3 will remain pretty much static. We're going to see The Chase, Tipping Point and Judge Judy to be churned out for another few years.

The Six O'Clock show faces the biggest uncertain future. They could easily go for putting The Chase on in here if they want to go for ratings.

Would like to see be3's schedule given a bit more freedom, using the ITV Studios catalogue a bit more. Surely there can be something better to place between 10.30-12.30am instead of a repeat of Ireland AM?
    The Kids slot has been pushed back to 6am-9am, and there hasn't been any new episodes of kids shows on it since December. Maybe signs that they're getting rid. If they wanted to give 3Kids a real go, they would have seen that RTE2 show nothing for the under 4/5 during summer, and aim to take advantage during the daytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Some interesting news coming off Digital Spy. 3e HD is apparently making a move to go onto the Sky Ireland EPG through an upgrade screen.

The upgrade screen was removed at around 5pm this evening but it could come back again for Sky viewers here.

Frequency details to tune in your Sky+HD/SkyQ box.

12.012 V SR 59500 FEC 8/9 DVB-S2 QPSK

3820 - 3e (in HD)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭deezell

3e is in HD on Sky! Now I'm definitely going to pay €30 a month to sky to see that, I mean, before the sky sub just seemed not worth it, but 3e in HD, that's a game changer, yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Some interesting news coming off Digital Spy. 3e HD is apparently making a move to go onto the Sky Ireland EPG through an upgrade screen.

The upgrade screen was removed at around 5pm this evening but it could come back again for Sky viewers here.

Frequency details to tune in your Sky+HD/SkyQ box.

12.012 V SR 59500 FEC 8/9 DVB-S2 QPSK

3820 - 3e (in HD)
    You would be thinking that TV3 are getting their ducks in order for the 6 nations and the upcoming champions league games. 3e is so prominent on the EPG's that I think you could see some sport shifting to 3e.

irishfeen wrote: »
    You would be thinking that TV3 are getting their ducks in order for the 6 nations and the upcoming champions league games. 3e is so prominent on the EPG's that I think you could see some sport shifting to 3e.

Yeah that's my thinking too. If only they'd surprise us all and do the same on Saorview. Wishful thinking on my part though

• Registered Users Posts: 35 johnner64

deezell wrote: »
    3e is in HD on Sky! Now I'm definitely going to pay €30 a month to sky to see that, I mean, before the sky sub just seemed not worth it, but 3e in HD, that's a game changer, yep.

Isn't it €29 and then €17 extra to get the channel in HD (although there is a deal on HD bringing it down to €10 per month for twelve months)?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭deezell

johnner64 wrote: »
    Isn't it €29 and then €17 extra to get the channel in HD (although there is a deal on HD bringing it down to €10 per month for twelve months)?

A whopping €558 a year to watch...almost nothing. No sport, no movies ( except the 4 movies FTA, probably the best one but it and all the best channels are fta anyway), but 3e in HD? Worth the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Brian017

It's not on the EPG yet though, is it? It's not on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Brian017 wrote: »
    It's not on the EPG yet though, is it? It's not on mine

Testing off EPG at the moment, normally from testing, I think its about 2/3 weeks to appearing on EPG.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

Picture looks good on the test, has no audio yet last time I checked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dirty old anorak

Why aren't they renewing Vincent Browns contract ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Why aren't they renewing Vincent Browns contract ?

He's stepping down a year early due to health reasons. He mentioned it at the beginning of his programme the day it was officially announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

mike2084 wrote: »
    Picture looks good on the test, has no audio yet last time I checked.
    Yes decent enough picture quality. Lets hope most if not all of their content will be broadcast in HD.

BBC1 showing Series 2 of Red Rock next Monday at 1:45pm. Should get a better indication regarding ratings, as few people on digitalspy forums seem to have good info regarding daytime ratings these days.

iseegirls wrote: »
    BBC1 showing Series 2 of Red Rock next Monday at 1:45pm. Should get a better indication regarding ratings, as few people on digitalspy forums seem to have good info regarding daytime ratings these days.

Red Rock do seem to have a good uk following so yes will be interesting to see

Ursula Halligan is stepping down as their political correspondent. Been there since Day 1.

Always seemed to have been in Vincent's shadow once he arrived. She had The Political Party for a few years on Sunday afternoon and often gave some politicians a grilling (but not in the same way VinB does)

iseegirls wrote: »
    Ursula Halligan is stepping down as their political correspondent. Been there since Day 1.

Always seemed to have been in Vincent's shadow once he arrived. She had The Political Party for a few years on Sunday afternoon and often gave some politicians a grilling (but not in the same way VinB does)

Ursula will be a big loss to the station. Between herself and Vincent, the political team is now very weak. TV3 news in gerneral needs a good overhaul .

Looks like TV3 are hiring lol
    http://www.tv3.ie/careers.php

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Ursula will be a big loss to the station. Between herself and Vincent, the political team is now very weak. TV3 news in gerneral needs a good overhaul .

I am surprised that the Head of News at UTV Ireland is keeping up with the same TV3 News standard. One of the good things about UTV Ireland was its high standard of News Production.

I was never a fan of Ursula Halligan, I don't really know why she is moving. She might have been a good replacement for VB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭political analyst

I am surprised that the Head of News at UTV Ireland is keeping up with the same TV3 News standard. One of the good things about UTV Ireland was its high standard of News Production.

I was never a fan of Ursula Halligan, I don't really know why she is moving. She might have been a good replacement for VB.

The news bulletins on be3, the successor to UTV Ireland, are part of 3 News Ireland.

Advertisement