Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Mod Edit: Post deleted. Personal comments of this nature are not allowed. Take a warning
    Sorry was not talkin about Cooper as a person but about his presenting style for such a show - my bad!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

No worries Irishfeen, the warning is for Radio_Fan_738 - whose post I had to delete due to its nature - not yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio_Fan_738

Whatever happened to Family Guy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Whatever happened to Family Guy ?

Been away for about 2/3 months now. Seems like continuous repeats of Sun, Sex And Suspicious Parents has taken that slot for the summer months. Will probably be back in the schedule next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio_Fan_738

iseegirls wrote: »
    Been away for about 2/3 months now. Seems like continuous repeats of Sun, Sex And Suspicious Parents has taken that slot for the summer months. Will probably be back in the schedule next month.

Rte should try to acquire it and put it on rte two at a proper time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

IGT is a go. Denise Van Otten, Baz Ashmawy, Louise Walsh and Laura Witmore. are suggested to be involved.

Death nail for Red Rock IMO. (Final nail in the coffin !!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Elmo wrote: »
    IGT is a go. Denise Van Otten, Baz Ashmawy, Louise Walsh and Laura Witmore. are suggested to be involved.

Death nail for Red Rock IMO. (Final nail in the coffin !!!)

Why what's happening Red Rock

Maz2016 wrote: »

Why what's happening Red Rock

It's just an opinion. I think Red Rock is in it's last season because TV3 have BAI funding for another drama, it has done all that well for them and IGT is a big production which means TV3 may not want to continue funding red rock. If it starts with just 10 eps before Xmas it's a goner IMO. Could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭galtee boy

The best home produced effort since TV3 began broadcasting, I can't believe they won't build a new set and keep it going. Then again, it's all about ratings. It's far superior to Fair City, yet gets nowhere near the same ratings.

• Advertisement

galtee boy wrote: »
    The best home produced effort since TV3 began broadcasting, I can't believe they won't build a new set and keep it going. Then again, it's all about ratings. It's far superior to Fair City, yet gets nowhere near the same ratings.

bad scheduling, return of Coro St. RTE should pick it up if TV3 drop it IMO.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Of course nothing to do with the absence of Sound and Vision funding.

Of course nothing to do with the absence of Sound and Vision funding.

TBH I don't think they put it forward. Red Rock had a training scheme from IFB and BAI attached to it, so I think both would have been happy to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭political analyst

bad scheduling, return of Coro St. RTE should pick it up if TV3 drop it IMO.

TV3 dropping Corrie? Not a chance!

TV3 dropping Corrie? Not a chance!

Red Rock, RTE should pick up Red Rock.

TV3 dropping Corrie a second time... not a chance lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭political analyst

Red Rock, RTE should pick up Red Rock.

TV3 dropping Corrie a second time... not a chance lol

The difference is that UTV Ireland got the Republic rights to Corrie, which went back to TV3 when UTV Ireland folded. I don't think there ever will be another commercial broadcaster on Saorview in the Republic. Therefore, TV3 has no reason to drop Corrie.

The difference is that UTV Ireland got the Republic rights to Corrie, which went back to TV3 when UTV Ireland folded. I don't think there ever will be another commercial broadcaster on Saorview in the Republic. Therefore, TV3 has no reason to drop Corrie.

There won't, but TV3 dropped Coro St, and UTV took the rights, UTV didn't fight them for those rights.

They should have placed it in between the two Coronation Street episodes on Monday and Friday to make it a success, when they got Coronation Street back. Although the move to a grittier, edgy show with more violence and swearing cuts that out now.

Strange though that they won't have it on from September til at least November when I'm A Celeb kicks off. There's plenty of space in the schedule for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There won't, but TV3 dropped Coro St, and UTV took the rights, UTV didn't fight them for those rights.

TV3s PR line may be that. They lost the rights in a block deal won by UTVI - they didn't drop their biggest show.

L1011 wrote: »
    TV3s PR line may be that. They lost the rights in a block deal won by UTVI - they didn't drop their biggest show.

According to both UTV and ITV, TV3 where looking to drop all ITV programming except the soaps, ITV refuse saying that they were only selling the current block of programming and TV3 thinking no one else would pick them up said they wouldn't buy them, UTV heard this and took an opportunity to take those ITV rights.

• Advertisement

Will be interesting to see this new News set. Looks like its behind Bill in that picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Mickey Mike

There is still no word TV3 going High Definition on Saorview, Why? Don't go on about costs, why in God's name can't the BAI, Comreg and 2rn sort out a deal. As one poster said "they will be no more commercial channels coming to Saorview" and its true. With plenty of room available, or they can upgrade all channels to higher resolution, ie. RTE 1 and 2 on 1920 ×1080i. All other channels on 720 ×576i if money is a stumbling block for non RTE channels. I know I'm gone astray a bit but TV3 should have better picture quality.

The 3e-only Xpose shows will be cut from September onwards. They will keep the Monday, Friday and presumably the Thursday show. Although there is meant to be a 6th weekly Coronation Street coming this year, so if that goes on Wednesday at 8.30pm, then I'd expect Xpose to go at 8pm Wednesday instead of Thursday.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/cut-tv3-drops-number-of-weekly-xpose-episodes-from-five-to-three-36079557.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

iseegirls wrote: »
    The 3e-only Xpose shows will be cut from September onwards. They will keep the Monday, Friday and presumably the Thursday show. Although there is meant to be a 6th weekly Coronation Street coming this year, so if that goes on Wednesday at 8.30pm, then I'd expect Xpose to go at 8pm Wednesday instead of Thursday.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/cut-tv3-drops-number-of-weekly-xpose-episodes-from-five-to-three-36079557.html

Saw that today. The show got off lightly, I was expecting it to be axed altogether. Are we all excited about the autumn launch tomorrow?will be fairly predictable I would imagine.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I fear it is death by a thousand cuts for Xpose, and the axe is a matter of time.

Monday's news revamp will be interesting, and should be the real first appearance of the TV3 News - Ireland Live merger. It should see Be3 News seperate identity disappear.

icdg wrote: »
    I fear it is death by a thousand cuts for Xpose, and the axe is a matter of time.

Monday's news revamp will be interesting, and should be the real first appearance of the TV3 News - Ireland Live merger. It should see Be3 News seperate identity disappear.

Though would like to see Be3 music remain, remains me of Nuacht TG4 from a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Cooper and Yates confirmed for The Tonight Show

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/902879894371258369

• Advertisement

Sarah McInerney will host The Sunday Show (news and politics), which will mean no more Agenda I guess.

Ronan O'Gara joining as a 6 Nations pundit from RTE

Second Series of Smalltown, along with The Restaurant, Ireland's Paramedics, Gogglebox, Pat Kenny Tonight, Livin With Lucy.

New drama in The Bailout, documentaries surrounding Treating Drug Addiction in Coolmine, BabyHaters with Joanne McNally, Syrian Refugees In Roscommon

Ireland's Got Talent on the way too (although known for a while now).

Still ongoing, so a press release should be out soon.

Advertisement