Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

The 3pm live games are the only valuable asset available. Could be options of going for the FA Cup as well, but they'll be going up against Eir Sports for them as well. Although their relationship hasn't been great - with Eir Sports not on Virgin at the moment. Which may give Virgin more of a reason to take rights away from them when available.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

iseegirls wrote: »
    The 3pm live games are the only valuable asset available. Could be options of going for the FA Cup as well, but they'll be going up against Eir Sports for them as well. Although their relationship hasn't been great - with Eir Sports not on Virgin at the moment. Which may give Virgin more of a reason to take rights away from them when available.

Could be a case of moving all sports to 3e and making it more like RTÉ2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭deezell

Elmo wrote: »
    Could be a case of moving all sports to 3e and making it more like RTÉ2.

Until the 3 organisation goes HD on some channels it will never be like RTE1 or 2. Sub SD for the 6 nations. Watch that sh1te on your 4K TV.

deezell wrote: »
    Until the 3 organisation goes HD on some channels it will never be like RTE1 or 2. Sub SD for the 6 nations. Watch that sh1te on your 4K TV.

What 3 are going to go on Saorview! Aren't they a Mobile phone company? Please let's not let TV3 think that they will ever get people to call it 3 OR THE 3 GROUP. I think this is one of the reasons of the name change, to avoid confusion with 3.

I am suggesting that 3e would become the place for new US TV and Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Have TV3 lost Family Guy and American Dad? I don't seem to see it on 3e these times at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

irishfeen wrote: »
    Have TV3 lost Family Guy and American Dad? I don't seem to see it on 3e these times at all.

Yeah seems to have disappeared from the scheduling. Pity Uploaded doesn’t disappear for a while too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Yeah seems to have disappeared from the scheduling. Pity Uploaded doesn’t disappear for a while too

A real pitty tbh, IMO they should have copied ITV2/BBC3 and had American Dad and Family Guy on from 10pm most nights.

There are plenty of comedies in the US too that they could introduce alongside them, TBS/TNT in the US seems to have some very decent stuff.

irishfeen wrote: »
    A real pitty tbh, IMO they should have copied ITV2/BBC3 and had American Dad and Family Guy on from 10pm most nights.

There are plenty of comedies in the US too that they could introduce alongside them, TBS/TNT in the US seems to have some very decent stuff.

In fairness, they've repeated FG and AD to death over the past few years on the channel (mostly after midnight). They've never gone for the prime time viewings - instead rather go for TV3 repeated crime docs which just doesn't seem right for 3e's target market. Although in 2009, they showed S1 and S4 of family guy at 7pm. Unsure whether they thought that one true.

Both shows haven't been on since middle of June. I also agree that there is a wealth of amazing comedies and series out there that they should be looking to show.

Confirmation that 6 unaired episodes of Blind Date will not be shown in the Mail today. It was due to return in January.

Disaster for TV3 really. A good bit of money went into buying the format, production, Al's wages etc. They could have stayed with Lucy Kennedy whom was supposed to the original presenter back a few years ago.

That’s s huge bow to them. Might be an opportunity to get a new presenter. Wasn’t overly gone on Al doing it anyway. As much as I like Lucy, I’d like someone else - a fresh face

• Advertisement

iseegirls wrote: »
    Confirmation that 6 unaired episodes of Blind Date will not be shown in the Mail today. It was due to return in January.

Disaster for TV3 really. A good bit of money went into buying the format, production, Al's wages etc. They could have stayed with Lucy Kennedy whom was supposed to the original presenter back a few years ago.

Strange they split the season up, i don't think it's that much of a loss, another ITV will probably make up the viewers.

Strange they split the season up, i don't think it's that much of a loss, another ITV will probably make up the viewers.

3 to 4 weeks of 90minute editions of I'm a celeb on Sunday's caused the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Sinead Desmond gone for good

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/ireland-am-presenter-sinead-desmond-has-quit-tv3-breakfast-show-after-11-years-36333435.html

Have to say I'm delighted with this - she was never the least bit likable or affable, could not warm to her

Sinead Desmond gone for good

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/ireland-am-presenter-sinead-desmond-has-quit-tv3-breakfast-show-after-11-years-36333435.html

Have to say I'm delighted with this - she was never the least bit likable or affable, could not warm to her

It's a morning show and none of them are that great. Seen a lot of unwarranted praise and criticism for her. However she will probably be back on Ireland AM as she is suing TV3 as they did not pay her as much as her male cohosts

It's a morning show and none of them are that great. Seen a lot of unwarranted praise and criticism for her. However she will probably be back on Ireland AM as she is suing TV3 as they did not pay her as much as her male cohosts

Cagney has far more experience and talent than her - gender nothing to do with.

There's a couple of very good female presenters at TV3 like Anna Daly, Colette Fitzpatrick and the new girl Ciara

Cagney has far more experience and talent than her - gender nothing to do with.

There's a couple of very good female presenters at TV3 like Anna Daly, Colette Fitzpatrick and the new girl Ciara

Firstly we don't know how much either are paid, perhaps for her 11years on the show she should be entitled to more relative to his wage.

Secondly, Mark Cagney is only more experienced due to his time in Radio, IMO if he left the show it wouldn't be a big loss.

Thirdly, of TV3 announced 4 new presenters such as Deric Hartigan, Cassie Stockes, Glenda glisen and a.n. other it would still get the same audience, remember it's a morning TV none of the presenters have much negotiating power.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Can I issue a general warning to posters. Can you please be careful about what you do or do not say about any named individual. They aren’t here to reply.

In general, do not say anything that you wouldn’t like a poster on a website saying about you behind your back.

Thanks

Firstly we don't know how much either are paid, perhaps for her 11years on the show she should be entitled to more relative to his wage.

Secondly, Mark Cagney is only more experienced due to his time in Radio, IMO if he left the show it wouldn't be a big loss.

Thirdly, of TV3 announced 4 new presenters such as Deric Hartigan, Cassie Stockes, Glenda glisen and a.n. other it would still get the same audience, remember it's a morning TV none of the presenters have much negotiating power.

As far as I know Cagney has 18 years experience on Ireland AM and is synonymous with the show, moreso than her, so the pay difference is justified imo

Cagney wouldn't have a hard time finding potential suitor ie RTE if he quit, whereas Desmond will struggle to get signed up

As far as I know Cagney has 18 years experience on Ireland AM and is synonymous with the show, moreso than her, so the pay difference is justified imo

Cagney wouldn't have a hard time finding potential suitor ie RTE if he quit, whereas Desmond will struggle to get signed up

Again if he did quit it wouldn't be a loss to TV3 because he only co-hosts a morning and has never travelled to prime time for TV3, I can't see many roles for him on RTÉ TBH.

I agree with you on Desmond unlikely she'll be signed up elsewhere soon, but hey look a Maura Derane!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭lertsnim

hey look a Maura Derane!!!

Maura Derrane is a better presenter than Sinead Desmond. The latter wasn't likable at all in her presenting style.

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    Maura Derrane is a better presenter than Sinead Desmond. The latter wasn't likable at all in her presenting style.

So if Maura Derrane is a better presenter do you think Ireland AM have missed her or there othe main female co-hosts?

Answer no

And if Mark Cagney left would he be missed?

Answer no

Ireland AM would have to do something really bad to see its audience drop.

So if Maura Derrane is a better presenter do you think Ireland AM have missed her or there othe main female co-hosts?

Answer no

And if Mark Cagney left would he be missed?

Answer no

Ireland AM would have to do something really bad to see its audience drop.

I'm only giving my opinion on how I see them as presenters. I couldn't give a **** about how Ireland AM fares with or without them.

I'm only giving my opinion on how I see them as presenters. I couldn't give a **** about how Ireland AM fares with or without them.

I could give the opinion that Sinead Desmond really should be hosting TLLS she is so good (though TBH she might be an improvement on the current host).

It's all down to what they can negotiate IMO none are close to being able to negotiate 6 figure deals, or even much above 65,000, as TV3 could just say we can find other hosts.

I could give the opinion that Sinead Desmond really should be hosting TLLS she is so good (though TBH she might be an improvement on the current host).

It's all down to what they can negotiate IMO none are close to being able to negotiate 6 figure deals, or even much above 65,000, as TV3 could just say we can find other hosts.

I could give the opinion that Sinead Desmond really should be hosting TLLS she is so good (though TBH she might be an improvement on the current host)

Good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

MOD: post deleted. Personal comments of this nature have no place in this forum or this thread. Poster warned

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Exaisle take a warning please, that is too far. Indeed we might just bring all discussion of individual personalities on this thread to a close.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Mickey Mike

Will we ever see these channels in HD on Saorview?

I’d reckon it’s a long way off if it was to happen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Never Say Never Again

If 3e have let family guy and american dad go, you'd think rte 2 would snap them up ?

Advertisement