Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,554 ✭✭✭political analyst

Elmo wrote: »
    RTÉ could but are playing poor man. RTÉ strategy is all about children and drama, but only with funding !!!!

RTÉ wouldn't be interested in a TV3 cast-off!

RTÉ does have serious Irish drama productions (but that's a matter for a different thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

iseegirls wrote: »
    The 9pm show turned out to be the full repeat of the Ireland v England match. Quite odd I think. A waste really, where they could been new programming - which could have been trailed heavily throughout the weekend.
    I know Ireland's Got Talent is doing well, but that's ending next Saturday. After that, I'm guessing it's just going to be The Cube repeats until BGT starts. But unsure when or what the next big Irish show is coming from them.

It was great to show Ireland v England again. A truly historic match,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

RTÉ wouldn't be interested in a TV3 cast-off!

RTÉ does have serious Irish drama productions (but that's a matter for a different thread).

Indeed and I disagree :)https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057854051

I think TV3 and Virgin are not going ahead with the rebrand this year or at anytime. The end bumpers on all TV3 shows have all ditched the Virgin Media Logo, which makes me think TV3 is going to sold or a deal will be made for it to move to another company, or for it to stay with Virgin Media.

It's a very difficult thing to ditch a brand for a parent company brand. In this case it has double the problems. If Virgin Media did re-brand TV3 and then decided to sell off its broadcast interest the new owners would need a deal to retain the Virgin Brand, and by retaining the Virgin brand they would be holding on to a competitors brand. Or if Virgin Ireland Media was to re-brand it would mean another re-brand for TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Mickey Mike

Virgin Media may realise the TV3 group is not the money maker they thought it would be. Why say something and confirm it .and then a sudden U turn. I understand VM have lost a large number of costumers. I wonder who will be TV3s next purchaser? Rebranding my backside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭deezell

Virgin Media may realise the TV3 group is not the money maker they thought it would be. Why say something and confirm it .and then a sudden U turn. I understand VM have lost a large number of costumers. I wonder who will be TV3s next purchaser? Rebranding my backside.

Rebranding it to what? Maybe "My bottom". How about " My arse". Sorry. Couldn't resist.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

You can take a warning because that added nothing to the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Must be nobody working in TV3 over the weekend, they never updated their TV3 HD EPG data for tonight and have been left with “This is TV3 HD” tonight.

... very very lazy stuff, such simple amateur things should not be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

I think TV3 and Virgin are not going ahead with the rebrand this year or at anytime. The end bumpers on all TV3 shows have all ditched the Virgin Media Logo, which makes me think TV3 is going to sold or a deal will be made for it to move to another company, or for it to stay with Virgin Media.

It's a very difficult thing to ditch a brand for a parent company brand. In this case it has double the problems. If Virgin Media did re-brand TV3 and then decided to sell off its broadcast interest the new owners would need a deal to retain the Virgin Brand, and by retaining the Virgin brand they would be holding on to a competitors brand. Or if Virgin Ireland Media was to re-brand it would mean another re-brand for TV3.

The Virgin Media logos have been removed from the sign postings at the Ballymount studios

Infoanon wrote: »
    The Virgin Media ,logos have been removed from the sign postings at the Ballymount studios

In the long term we could end up with RTE only channels, not a bad thing either.

• Advertisement

Isn’t the more logical explaination though, that with the rebrand abandoned, the “faux-sponsorship” of the TV3 HD Studios by Virgin Media has also been abandoned, to allow a future real sponsor to step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Did anyone see any of the ad breaks during BGT on TV3 last night? Did you notice more ad breaks during that show?

I just want to ask you guys because it relates to ITV in the UK. Thanks.

Did anyone see any of the ad breaks during BGT on TV3 last night? Did you notice more ad breaks during that show?

I just want to ask you guys because it relates to ITV in the UK. Thanks.

Didn't watch but I think ITV can only sell 12mins of ads per hour the same as TV3. Did TV3 cut out ITV's competitions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭iseegirls

If you have Virgin Media, you can go back to the time it was on and watch it "as live" including adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I watched BGT on ITV as its HD. ITV now do the lotto results on a Saturday night. It was on during one of the ad breaks during BGT and went on for a bit. Thats probably what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I watched BGT on ITV as its HD. ITV now do the lotto results on a Saturday night. It was on during one of the ad breaks during BGT and went on for a bit. Thats probably what happened.

Yep. It's only a new deal being brought in with Camelot in the UK to promote an advert slot for their lotto results with Stephen Mulhern every Saturday night. The strange thing is though is that the lotto results on ITV are shown on a 30 minute delay as their done live on Youtube at 7:45pm. These results will still be shown during the draw days with the lotto result recap on the BBC as usual.

On other matters; are TV3 going to show WWTBAM with Jeremy Clarkson next month? Will that conflict with the Champions League given it is on a Tuesday night?

They wouldn’t automatically have rights because it’s not an ITV Studios production. Doesn’t mean they won’t pick it up though.

I didn’t think they had actually announced the exact air date? Only that it was to be stripped for a week (as Millionaire was when it originally aired) sometime in May? Tuesday 1st May is the only Tuesday in May that Champions League will be played.

On other matters; are TV3 going to show WWTBAM with Jeremy Clarkson next month? Will that conflict with the Champions League given it is on a Tuesday night?

They could place an episode on 3e if it did conflict, wouldn't cause too much issues.

Love Island is back next month as well. I hope that 3e will show the episodes at the same time as ITV2. Last year was ridiculous with it being one episode behind, but they showed the final episode live.

They seem to do this with a lot of there shows either an hour behind or a day.

Don't see why they don't show Ninja Warriors as ITV on TV3 instead they repeat two shows before BGT and air NW on 3e clashing with BGT, yet they didn't want The Voice clashing with IGT!

They seem to do this with a lot of there shows either an hour behind or a day.

Don't see why they don't show Ninja Warriors as ITV on TV3 instead they repeat two shows before BGT and air NW on 3e clashing with BGT, yet they didn't want The Voice clashing with IGT!

Can't quite understand it either.

Although, TV3 LOVE The Cube. They showed it non stop for about 3 years before UTVi took it. And then when TV3 had it back, it has pretty much remained on the weekend schedule since Jan 2017. And there hasn't been any new episodes made in about 2 years. They're repeating Series 4 of it again, it must be nearly their 15th reshowing of it. plus they repeat it on the Sunday at 3:30 again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Those constant repeats of The Cube drive me nuts. Such lazy and cheap scheduling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭Delta2113

icdg wrote: »
    They wouldn’t automatically have rights because it’s not an ITV Studios production. Doesn’t mean they won’t pick it up though.

I didn’t think they had actually announced the exact air date? Only that it was to be stripped for a week (as Millionaire was when it originally aired) sometime in May? Tuesday 1st May is the only Tuesday in May that Champions League will be played.

Starts May 5 9.15pm Itv - Tv3??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

JDxtra wrote: »
    Those constant repeats of The Cube drive me nuts. Such lazy and cheap scheduling.
    And Cant Pay We'll take it away, both programmes perfect Saturday evening viewing when you couldnt be bothered doing anything else but the mongs at 3 and 3e seem to keep picking the same few episodes over and over.

Thargor wrote: »
    And Cant Pay We'll take it away, both programmes perfect Saturday evening viewing when you couldnt be bothered doing anything else but the mongs at 3 and 3e seem to keep picking the same few episodes over and over.

They seemingly like getting value for money by attempting to repeat a show as much as physically possible. They're currently showing Series 4 of Can't Pay, where each episode was shown twice already in the past few months. They also show a repeat of the show the next day as a pretty similar enough time. Series 5 has yet to be shown.

Again, apart from being cheap and lazy, in a time where most of their shows are available on-demand, what is the point of repeating every show within 7 days after airing an episode.

There is not enough programs to go around to fill the 3 channels. Get rid of 3e and be3, don't need them.

There is not enough programs to go around to fill the 3 channels. Get rid of 3e and be3, don't need them.

I feel that there are plenty of shows out there that would make the channels successful. The ITV Studios catalogue is huge. There is no need for be3 to be repeating so much of their shows they had shown previously. Their daytime schedule has consisted of programmes like Who's Doing The Dishes, Real Deal, Coronation Street, Emmerdale and Judge Judy. All repeats. Same after the News @ 10.

3e is quickly turning into Challenge with the amount of quiz shows in the daytime, along with 3 hours of Jeremy Kyle. They should be aiming for comedies, dramas, music that target the 16-35ish age group. There was a time shortly after they took over Channel 6 when they had Seinfeld, King Of Queens, Scrubs, My Name Is Earl, Family Guy, Friends, Modern Family on during the week. Now it's just Judge Rinder.

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire confirmed for TV3:

https://twitter.com/VMSolutions_/status/989864346250510337?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

You'd be surprised by what people don't know.

IMO TV3/Virgin are now going after sport coupled with ITV programming, I can see just IGT remaining with a couple of others thrown in, while in-house programming will make up the rest.

Red Rock is finished, TV3 maybe worried RTÉ might take it hence why they are stretching out the last few episodes, unfortunately I can't see RTÉ taking it :(

Has Red Rock finished for good on TV3?

It's not on tonight and next Monday a new series of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is on at 9pm

Has Red Rock finished for good on TV3?

It's not on tonight and next Monday a new series of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is on at 9pm

It's on a break again. There are episodes which have been filmed. But I'd say it would be September by time the series returns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

It’s a pity that Gogglebox is on such a long break. It’s a bit strange considering it seemed to be working for them

Advertisement