Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

J. Marston wrote: »
    Have Virgin media sport on Sky through Eir. The commentators say VM sports extra channels 1-5 are available through the red button but nothing happens when I press it?

Is there something I'm missing? Are the red button matches exclusive to somewhere else?

Thanks for any info.
    Available on eir sport app

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

J. Marston wrote: »
    Have Virgin media sport on Sky through Eir. The commentators say VM sports extra channels 1-5 are available through the red button but nothing happens when I press it?

Is there something I'm missing? Are the red button matches exclusive to somewhere else?

Thanks for any info.

No red button on Sky.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

No, I’m not sure what they would have been referring to by “red button” unless it’s the eir Vision platform, because VM themselves do not use it (the VM Sport Extra channels all get their own EPG listing)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ShaneSweeney

icdg wrote: »
    No, I’m not sure what they would have been referring to by “red button” unless it’s the eir Vision platform, because VM themselves do not use it (the VM Sport Extra channels all get their own EPG listing)

Exactly. All VM extra channels are available through the EirSport App. Currently watching Barca game on it.
    No red button option through sky unfortunately so limited to tablet/ phone etc.

Yes they do have an EPG number but virgin for some reason still do offer a list of the extra channels when pressing the red button.

• Advertisement

iseegirls wrote: »
    Would be interesting to see if this amount of live football would continue on VM1 during the next few months.

Looking at Wednesday's game, I've a feeling the main objective there is after the game it now has an hour of Coronation Street from 8 to 9. This clashes with Fair City's hour long special too so hoping that they can do some damage there.

I don't expect any of Man Utds games to be shown on VM2. They'd prob remain on VM Sport to drive that channel, with Wolves and Arsenal on VM2.

Virgin Sport are showing Man Utd game live on Thursday,I see it on the Sky epg on 422.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Virgin Sport are showing Man Utd game live on Thursday,I see it on the Sky epg on 422.

Yep, I just mean I don't see them showing any of Man Utd or Liverpools games on Virgin Media One or Two. They'll put those games behind the paywall on Virgin Media Sport as those are the ones with most Irish interest. Now, hopefully I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

still wouldnt make me get either vm sport or eir just for that. radio5 live will do me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

still wouldnt make me get either vm sport or eir just for that. radio5 live will do me

its really odd

EIR seem toe expect people to pay 30 a month just to see EIRsport 1 and Virgin Sport 1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Riskymove wrote: »
    its really odd

EIR seem toe expect people to pay 30 a month just to see EIRsport 1 and Virgin Sport 1

Even if you are with eir? I assume that both have agree to the rate on sky?

From what I can see in terms of programming Virgin Media are holding an audience with their sports coverage, I imagine when I'm a celeb comes back that it will largely just be Tuesday nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Elmo wrote: »
    Even if you are with eir?

no it is free to eir broadband customers

I previously signed up to get pro14 and BT coverage of rugby and soccer

I now pay Sky for BT

Eirsport remains at 30 a month for sky customers despite losing all BT and ESPN content

while I would like to keep Pro14 access it is not worth 30 a month on its own

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Little Hours have a new album out today. Girl Band have a new album out next Friday. What do you think are the odds of one or both of them going on Xposé to promote those new albums? If they did, I'd consider watching the show for once, just to support those two great Irish bands. Or do the Xposé team think they are just "focking lame indie bands" who don't connect to the posh D4 head teenage girls the show is aimed at?

Little Hours have a new album out today. Girl Band have a new album out next Friday. What do you think are the odds of one or both of them going on Xposé to promote those new albums? If they did, I'd consider watching the show for once, just to support those two great Irish bands. Or do the Xposé team think they are just "focking lame indie bands" who don't connect to the posh D4 head teenage girls the show is aimed at?

You know orginally as part of the deal to replace the News @ 6:30 with Xpose TV3 were expected to provide a platform for Irish gigs and performers, it lasted about a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭its_steve116

You know orginally as part of the deal to replace the News @ 6:30 with Xpose TV3 were expected to provide a platform for Irish gigs and performers, it lasted about a year.

Expected?

Anyone know when living with Lucy was produced, when they announced 2018 autumn schedule did we know who she was living with? Am I right to say there are 5 episodes this season announced last season as 10?

Anyone know when living with Lucy was produced, when they announced 2018 autumn schedule did we know who she was living with? Am I right to say there are 5 episodes this season announced last season as 10?

They stated 10 episodes in the 2018 autumn schedule. They only broadcast 5 episodes last year, and so these 5 episodes showing now are really the second half of last season. Not watching it, but I'm sure there is so many scenes that are out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

It looks like they ordered 10 for last year but only actually made 5 last year. She mentioned in an interview the other day she found out about the cancellation of Irelands Got Talent while filming with Barry Keoghan over the summer.

https://extra.ie/2019/09/23/entertainment/movies-tv/lucy-kennedy-irelands-got-talent-cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

It looks like they ordered 10 for last year but only actually made 5 last year. She mentioned in an interview the other day she found out about the cancellation of Irelands Got Talent while filming with Barry Keoghan over the summer.

https://extra.ie/2019/09/23/entertainment/movies-tv/lucy-kennedy-irelands-got-talent-cancelled

That article makes sense , you could tell the episode with Barry Keoghan was recent enough as he had already done Chernobyl

• Registered Users Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭batistuta9

the one on a few weeks ago with Gráinne Seoige was filmed last September. her fella was watching rugby, south africa beat new zealand.
    he's in most of it too, what would've happened if they split

2 CL games listed for vm1 next tuesday, rte are showing tottenham-bayern

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Xpose axed, This morning and Loose Women axed , six o clock show on 5 days and a new one hour news programme at mid day

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/xpose-cancelled-12-years-air-682917

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

From 7th October...
    Ireland AM 7-11
    Elaine 11-12
    News 12-1

This Morning and Loose Women won't be shown on VM from 7th October

https://www.thejournal.ie/virgin-media-xpose-cancelled-4823287-Sep2019/

Axpose

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Xpose axed , six o clock show on 5 days and a new one hour news programme at mid day

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/xpose-cancelled-12-years-air-682917

Was good in its day but things are changing. Social media is probably making xpose a bit stale now. I didn’t watch it but dd to see any home made shows go.

On another note 4 hours of Ireland AM is a bad idea in my opinion. Less is more. I think it will be diluted too much and ultimately a bad move. Dropping This Morning and Loose Women, not sure why to make of it. Overall I think small loss. Good to see it being replaced with Irish programming. For the viewers who will miss it , ITV is easily available through free to air or sky other channels

So what will be on in the afternoon? Repeats of repeats?

Surprised at This Morning not been shown anymore. It would frequently show up in the Top 20 the odd time.

Hopefully the 1pm to 5.30pm will get a similar shake up - removing double bills of shows and offering alternative shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

There will be a lot of unhappy Holly Willoughby fans if they cancel This Morning.

Even some of my work mates watch This Morning because of her :D

they seem stuck for money going on the md's comments in another article about the reshuffle. i wonder if they are saving money by not paying itv for this morning/ lw. could be why they dont show a lot of the itv programming. i am surmising the deal they have is options to purchase itv programming rather than a blanket deal

they seem stuck for money going on the md's comments in another article about the reshuffle. i wonder if they are saving money by not paying itv for this morning/ lw. could be why they dont show a lot of the itv programming. i am surmising the deal they have is options to purchase itv programming rather than a blanket deal

Really stuck for money??? They’ve 20% share with very cheap tv, is Elaine doing that well?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

i am surmising the deal they have is options to purchase itv programming rather than a blanket deal

We don’t know the terms other than what was publicly announced:

http://www.virginmedia.ie/about-us/press/2016/virgin-media-to-acquire-utv-ireland/

But think about it for a second - if the deal was merely an option - “first refusal” if you will - rather than a blanket supply deal, surely then from ITV’s point of view you would want a proviso saying that if VM refused the option they were free to sell on that content to others.

So in other words - why hasn’t ITV content dropped by VM popped up elsewhere?

We don’t know the terms other than what was publicly announced:

http://www.virginmedia.ie/about-us/press/2016/virgin-media-to-acquire-utv-ireland/

But think about it for a second - if the deal was merely an option - “first refusal” if you will - rather than a blanket supply deal, surely then from ITV’s point of view you would want a proviso saying that if VM refused the option they were free to sell on that content to others.

yes its interesting....i guess only vm and itv know the details.

• Advertisement

Who’d buy it?

Advertisement