Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

No idea whether there is too much of a cost associated with showing live content broadcast from other channels.

Remember back in October 2018, they dropped both Loose Women and Big Brother BOTS. No idea why, but both live. Loose women returned in January, with Big Brother BOTS being shown during the summer after 2am on a Sunday under the guise of 'Late Night On Three'

They possibly want to step away from having such a reliance on ITV. But remains to be seen what replaces Elaine at 3pm, and if it's just another ITV series like Judge Rinder, Tipping Point, Real Deal etc.. then it just seems like an odd decision to drop a 2hr live show instead of repeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Ten Pin wrote: »
    From 7th October...
    Ireland AM 7-11
    Elaine 11-12
    News 12-1

This Morning and Loose Women won't be shown on VM from 7th October

https://www.thejournal.ie/virgin-media-xpose-cancelled-4823287-Sep2019/

Axpose

Virgin Media already has far too much live airtime to fill as they currently operate Virgin Media One, Virgin Media Two, Virgin Media Three in addition to Virgin Media Sport for Virgin Media cable tv and eir subscribers. There has already been so much by way of repeated content in the Virgin Media television schedules even before the announcement to axe Xposé and drop itv programme content which includes: This Morning, Loose Women.

To be fair, Virgin Media Television is not alone in the Irish market whereby commercial advertising revenue has dropped for a number of reasons both in Ireland and in nearby markets. RTÉ is already experiencing major financial problems and Irish language tv channel, TG4 has experienced a significant drop in it's audience share according to a recent survey which came as a surprise.

If there was a new entrant willing to buy Virgin Media Three (formerly be3/UTV Ireland) this might be a better outcome for the owners of Virgin Media Television and the TV viewing public as the duplication and repeats make Virgin Media Television's channels portfolio look weak as they try to spread their resources far too thinly thereby damaging the overall branding. They can only re-brand their channels portfolio every so often but there must be a minimum quality threshold preserved at all times even in a challenging advertising climate.

I would be highly sceptical of extending Ireland AM as it's already too long and this repetition is further repeated on Virgin Media Television's other channels. Tinkering with names for Ireland AM also broadcast on weekends (currently Saturday AM & Sunday AM will not change anything - the audience is intelligent enough to know it's Ireland AM on the weekends! The studio set for the show called: "Elaine" looks tacky & cheap -it's pre-cursor was called "Midday" which used originally go out around 12noon looked better. I'll never understand why Matt Cooper & Ivan Yates both present the "Tonight" Show as they are more than capable of carrying the show on their own respectively - it looks such an awkward format. Vincent Browne was more of a draw especially when he first presented in the same time slot and is a big loss to late night viewing on the station. Dual presenters reminds me of the current format for Winning Streak on RTÉ when one presenter was more than sufficient for many years (i.e.) Mike Murphy and later Derek Mooney. Virgin Media Sports Tonight is just a re-hash of the former "Sports Tonight" that went out on TV3 in it's earlier period.

One would also have to be critical of regulation - recently there was live sports coverage on a weekend evening which resulted in no news bulletin on Virgin Media Television all evening on any of it's three main tv channels. The news was not scheduled just before or after the match or was switched to one of it's sister channels. This would never be tolerated in the UK as a public service broadcaster like ITV must carry weekend news bulletins which include early evening and late evening. Same should apply in this jurisdiction.

Now the question is, will more UK based content also disappear from Virgin Media Television's screens such as: The Chase, The Graham Norton Show, X-Factor, Britain's Got Talent, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, I'm a Celebrity Get Me Outta Here, Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, Love Island etc;

Commercial advertising revenue on traditional linear television channels like RTÉ, Virgin Media Television, itv, Channel 4, Sky etc; is dropping regardless of the BREXIT outcome.

It all seems to be migrating towards current and future Online streaming providers such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV+ and Disney+ etc;

Newspapers/Magazines & Radio Stations face similar challenges which threaten their whole business models & financial survival.

Hmm interesting times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Virgin Media already has far too much live airtime to fill as they currently operate Virgin Media One, Virgin Media Two, Virgin Media Three in addition to Virgin Media Sport for Virgin Media cable tv and eir subscribers. There has already been so much by way of repeated content in the Virgin Media television schedules even before the announcement to axe Xposé and drop itv programme content which includes: This Morning, Loose Women.

Yeah I imagine that they are planning to replace Virgin Media THREE with Virgin Media one +1 on Saorview and introduce Virgin Media TWO +1 on Virgin Media and Sky in replace of THREE.
    To be fair, Virgin Media Television is not alone in the Irish market whereby commercial advertising revenue has dropped for a number of reasons both in Ireland and in nearby markets. RTÉ is already experiencing major financial problems and Irish language tv channel, TG4 has experienced a significant drop in it's audience share according to a recent survey which came as a surprise.

According to TAM Ireland Advertising increase by 5% in 2018 (not sure how 2019 was), Virgin Media across the 3 channels saw increases in audience, meaning at least a 28% to 30% share of €247,520,977 https://www.tamireland.ie/tv-advertising-revenue-grows-2018/ €60 to €70 million per year.

TG4 surprise was reported 3 months after its annual report was issued and it couldn't have been a surprise since TV reports data every day, week and month, TG4 audience stagnated, increase pressure for them come from the 30 stations selling opt outs, they are up this year slightly.
    If there was a new entrant willing to buy Virgin Media Three (formerly be3/UTV Ireland) this might be a better outcome for the owners of Virgin Media Television and the TV viewing public as the duplication and repeats make Virgin Media Television's channels portfolio look weak as they try to spread their resources far too thinly thereby damaging the overall branding. They can only re-brand their channels portfolio every so often but there must be a minimum quality threshold preserved at all times even in a challenging advertising climate.

I can't see Virgin Media allowing a new entrant into the market look at how they reacted to the introduction of RTÉ2 +1, they are happy competing with English channels and opt-outs.

Virgin Media have access to ITV studio slate of programming and much like UTV Ireland they seem unwilling to use it.

This morning is one of the only Daytime shows to make TV3 and UTV Ireland's top 20, not even prime time The Six O'Clock Show made it in.
    I would be highly skeptical of extending Ireland AM as it's already too long and this repetition is further repeated on Virgin Media Television's other channels. Tinkering with names for Ireland AM also broadcast on weekends (currently Saturday AM & Sunday AM will not change anything - the audience is intelligent enough to know it's Ireland AM on the weekends! The studio set for the show called: "Elaine" looks tacky & cheap -it's pre-cursor was called "Midday" which used originally go out around 12noon looked better...... Virgin Media Sports Tonight is just a re-hash of the former "Sports Tonight" that went out on TV3 in it's earlier period.

Saturday and Sunday AM were recently rebranded Weekend AM, but yes you are right. If Sports Tonight had decided to take on the look of Second Captains or On The Ball or Game On, instead they went with a mix of the old style Sports Tonight with some analysis.
    One would also have to be critical of regulation - recently there was live sports coverage on a weekend evening which resulted in no news bulletin on Virgin Media Television all evening on any of it's three main tv channels. The news was not scheduled just before or after the match or was switched to one of it's sister channels. This would never be tolerated in the UK as a public service broadcaster like ITV must carry weekend news bulletins which include early evening and late evening. Same should apply in this jurisdiction.

You have to remember the Regulator let them drop 6:30 News and the Weekend news for Xpose!
    Now the question is, will more UK based content also disappear from Virgin Media Television's screens such as: The Chase, The Graham Norton Show, X-Factor, Britain's Got Talent, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, I'm a Celebrity Get Me Outta Here, Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, Love Island etc;

The Chase does well for them, unlikely the big ITV shows will be dropped all are doing relatively well, BGT certainly won't go, and Coro St and Emmers defenately not. These all bring in audiences, though so did This Morning.
    Commercial advertising revenue on traditional linear television channels like RTÉ, Virgin Media Television, itv, Channel 4, Sky etc; is dropping regardless of the BREXIT outcome.

It might see some growth as in 2018 but it will fall, particularly for Irish channels who seem content with just 42-45% of the audience.
    It all seems to be migrating towards current and future Online streaming providers such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Apple TV+ and Disney+ etc;

Huge question there are you willing to play for all of these content providers along with paying for broadband connections. You could spend upward of €200 on content and that is excluding Sport, I just think that will hit saturation point if it hasn't already.
    Newspapers/Magazines & Radio Stations face similar challenges which threaten their whole business models & financial survival.

Hmm interesting times ahead.

More pronounced for TV I think but yes interesting times, and this new schedule Virgin Media does nothing to as they put it "move with the times and reflect changing tastes and media consumption. It also means having to make tough decisions to ensure we remain viable and relevant." I'd say it retrograde stuff!

A little history of Ireland AMs runtimes:

Sep 1999 7:00-9:00
    Apr 2001 7:00-9:30
    Aug 2002 7:00-10:00
    Sep 2013 7:00-10:50
    Jun 2014 7:00-10:00
    Aug 2015 9:00-12:00 (for Sat,Sun,Weekend:AM)
    Jan 2017 7:00-10:30
    Oct 2019 7:00-11:00

Anton Savage was presenting this morning as well. He was part of that Sep 2013 extended move to focus primarily on news between 7am-8am, but didn't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Elmo wrote: »
    Anyone know when living with Lucy was produced, when they announced 2018 autumn schedule did we know who she was living with? Am I right to say there are 5 episodes this season announced last season as 10?

Yeah next weeks is the last episode of the series - so 5 episodes in total this series

• Advertisement

Yeah I imagine that they are planning to replace Virgin Media THREE with Virgin Media one +1 on Saorview and introduce Virgin Media TWO +1 on Virgin Media and Sky in replace of THREE.

According to TAM Ireland Advertising increase by 5% in 2018 (not sure how 2019 was), Virgin Media across the 3 channels saw increases in audience, meaning at least a 28% to 30% share of €247,520,977 https://www.tamireland.ie/tv-advertising-revenue-grows-2018/ €60 to €70 million per year.

TG4 surprise was reported 3 months after its annual report was issued and it couldn't have been a surprise since TV reports data every day, week and month, TG4 audience stagnated, increase pressure for them come from the 30 stations selling opt outs, they are up this year slightly.

I can't see Virgin Media allowing a new entrant into the market look at how they reacted to the introduction of RTÉ2 +1, they are happy competing with English channels and opt-outs.

Virgin Media have access to ITV studio slate of programming and much like UTV Ireland they seem unwilling to use it.

This morning is one of the only Daytime shows to make TV3 and UTV Ireland's top 20, not even prime time The Six O'Clock Show made it in.

Saturday and Sunday AM were recently rebranded Weekend AM, but yes you are right. If Sports Tonight had decided to take on the look of Second Captains or On The Ball or Game On, instead they went with a mix of the old style Sports Tonight with some analysis.

You have to remember the Regulator let them drop 6:30 News and the Weekend news for Xpose!

The Chase does well for them, unlikely the big ITV shows will be dropped all are doing relatively well, BGT certainly won't go, and Coro St and Emmers defenately not. These all bring in audiences, though so did This Morning.

It might see some growth as in 2018 but it will fall, particularly for Irish channels who seem content with just 42-45% of the audience.

Huge question there are you willing to play for all of these content providers along with paying for broadband connections. You could spend upward of €200 on content and that is excluding Sport, I just think that will hit saturation point if it hasn't already.

More pronounced for TV I think but yes interesting times, and this new schedule Virgin Media does nothing to as they put it "move with the times and reflect changing tastes and media consumption. It also means having to make tough decisions to ensure we remain viable and relevant." I'd say it retrograde stuff!

I myself have no insider knowledge on any of Virgin Media Television's future plans - My comments are entirely speculation on what options they may/may not be considering in this fast changing climate. I imagine if RTÉ are experiencing financial issues for various reasons - a major drop in commercial advertising revenue being just one of them, then Virgin Media Television & TG4 and others including those UK based channels with Irish advertising opt-outs must all be hit in a negative way to some degree.

Yeah, "Off the Ball" (NewsTalk) and "Second Captains" have made their own unique marks in sports reporting & analysis so; I'm not sure how Virgin Media Television intend to present it's latest "Sports Tonight" format? Will they bring back any former sports presenters like Trevor Welch, Des Curran, Aidan Cooney, Conor McNamara?

In the early years of TV3 they had an early evening News & Sports Results at 5:30pm on Saturday & Sunday with Ray Kennedy (now RTÉ) & Conor McNamara (now a commentator with BBC Radio 5Live) and I think Aisling O'Loughlin also had a stint in the weekend news slot for a period too. Some years later TV3 axed it's weekend evening news which was disappointing as I think you had no proper alternative to RTÉ TV news coverage on weekends. Later when UTV Ireland was launched, they provided early evening news on Sat/Sun and when TV3 Group bought UTV Ireland I think they were required to broadcast weekend news coverage in their expanded TV3, 3e, be3 channel portfolio which led to the return of weekend news on TV3 (now Virgin Media One) not by choice but was probably one of the conditions attached. Alison Comyn was a credible presenter on UTV Ireland's news coverage - shame that Alison has not returned to our screens since the demise of UTV Ireland as I think she delivered well even whilst UTV Ireland's days were about to come to an abrupt end.

As for itv programme content, yes it does seem a bit strange that Virgin Media Television would choose to drop material that has performed relatively well such as "This Morning". I'd say all bets are off if the advertising revenue keeps dropping - it is clear that the honeymoon launch period for Virgin Media Television is now over. I think the days of huge audiences for The X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, The Voice etc; are behind us as the format has been exhausted. "Ireland's Got Talent" on TV3/Virgin Media One flopped in it's second series and "The Voice Ireland" (ex-RTÉ) has remained off air. The Chase has been running for about 10 years and while it's still a very popular show, it too will eventually lose audience share as it's on too many platforms like Virgin Media Television channels, ITV channels, Challenge TV which Irish audiences can also access.

Maybe the contract terms with itv changed after a certain date which has Virgin Media Television now examining what they really want to use. Perhaps when TV3 Group purchased UTV Ireland from itv plc, they got very favourable terms for itv programme content but only for a limited period which has now expired hence the upcoming changes with itv content on Virgin Media Television.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

i do think they are making a big mistake with dropping this morning.. but then again if you are a hostage to fortune and only have cable tv you will just have to put up with the extra hour of ireland am .

Yeah, "Off the Ball" (NewsTalk) and "Second Captains" have made their own unique marks in sports reporting & analysis so; I'm not sure how Virgin Media Television intend to present it's latest "Sports Tonight" format? Will they bring back any former sports presenters like Trevor Welch, Des Curran, Aidan Cooney, Conor McNamara?

Sport Tonight has been on air the last 3 weeks, and has Conor McNamara presenting it. It's been expanded from 30 minutes to an hour already, maybe indicating how well it's performed so far. The first 10 minutes is a sports news update, then the remaining time is taken with guests discussing the events of the day, or previewing the weekends sport. Trevor Welsh and Des Curran do commentate on live Champions League and Europa League games for the channel.
    In the early years of TV3 they had an early evening News & Sports Results at 5:30pm on Saturday & Sunday with Ray Kennedy (now RT & Conor McNamara (now a commentator with BBC Radio 5Live) and I think Aisling O'Loughlin also had a stint in the weekend news slot for a period too. Some years later TV3 axed it's weekend evening news which was disappointing as I think you had no proper alternative to RTTV news coverage on weekends. Later when UTV Ireland was launched, they provided early evening news on Sat/Sun and when TV3 Group bought UTV Ireland I think they were required to broadcast weekend news coverage in their expanded TV3, 3e, be3 channel portfolio which led to the return of weekend news on TV3 (now Virgin Media One) not by choice but was probably one of the conditions attached.

TV3's weekend news was broadcast from Sep 1998 to Oct 2008, along with The Week in Review. They carried a 5 minute News Update for a small while later, until it was dropped completely. A correction above - UTV Ireland did not have any weekend news coverage either during their short history. They did provide news during Bank Holidays, which TV3 didn't during that time.

May 2017 was when weekend news returned at 5:30. So it doesn't look like a requirement as part of the UTV Ireland purchase, as that merge completed 5 months earlier.

I myself have no insider knowledge on any of Virgin Media Television's future plans - My comments are entirely speculation on what options they may/may not be considering in this fast changing climate. I imagine if RTÉ are experiencing financial issues for various reasons - a major drop in commercial advertising revenue being just one of them, then Virgin Media Television & TG4 and others including those UK based channels with Irish advertising opt-outs must all be hit in a negative way to some degree.

I was just largely agree with what you were saying, I also have no insider knowledge. I don't know how fast changing the climate is for Virgin Media, extending Ireland AM would not be what I would consider to be a good decision in such a fast changing environment.

We don't know the drop in advertising for any of the broadcasters only that their own media watchdog TAM Ireland valued 2018 at €247,520,977. I am not sure what the outlook is for Ad revenue in 2019, perhaps its worse than we know.

Conor McNamara is the host of VM Sport Tonight!

Virgin Media bought UTV Ireland (Just being pedantic on that, I just hated the moniker The TV3 Group!).

What ever the plan is from Virgin Media it certainly isn't "future proof", I see those show being dropped in the near future.

iseegirls wrote: »
    May 2017 was when weekend news returned at 5:30. So it doesn't look like a requirement as part of the UTV Ireland purchase, as that merge completed 5 months earlier.

If anything the 10 news was kept from UTV Ireland (now on VMTV TWO having moved from THREE). I'd say more of a transition than regulation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Terrible decision to stop showing This Morning and Loose Women. I am 100% convinced that this is purely to save money.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Terrible decision to stop showing This Morning and Loose Women. I am 100% convinced that this is purely to save money.

See this is strange from a money point of view, the only way they are reducing costs on those shows is replacing them with cheaper imports, for the Irish shows moving them to the morning means a certain amount of economies of scale for production staff, but I am sure the staff in Virgin Media could explain that one.

Also anyone know if News Tonight and Sport Tonight were pre-recorded back in the day, I asked this way back but its always bugged me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Delta2113

They are getting an extra half hour from Ireland AM - FREE or very little and getting another 30 minutes from News - FREE or very little and simply moving Elaine back to an earlier slot.

It's cost savings.

They are getting an extra half hour from Ireland AM - FREE or very little and getting another 30 minutes from News - FREE or very little and simply moving Elaine back to an earlier slot.

It's cost savings.

Problem with that is the quality of already largely iffy shows will drop.

Back of the envelop if VMTV hour of in-house programming costs 10,000 per hour, and we know that imports cost about 2,000 per hour, there would be a big saving retain ITV programming, unless they are spending way more than 2,000 hour on such programming, also at least with american shows programming is graded, I think 2,000 is for an hour of drama while Lifestyle can be as little as 500 per hour.

iseegirls wrote: »
    Sport Tonight has been on air the last 3 weeks, and has Conor McNamara presenting it. It's been expanded from 30 minutes to an hour already, maybe indicating how well it's performed so far. The first 10 minutes is a sports news update, then the remaining time is taken with guests discussing the events of the day, or previewing the weekends sport. Trevor Welsh and Des Curran do commentate on live Champions League and Europa League games for the channel.

TV3's weekend news was broadcast from Sep 1998 to Oct 2008, along with The Week in Review. They carried a 5 minute News Update for a small while later, until it was dropped completely. A correction above - UTV Ireland did not have any weekend news coverage either during their short history. They did provide news during Bank Holidays, which TV3 didn't during that time.

Oh, I am surprised if the UTV Ireland channel had not broadcast any news coverage on Sat/Sun back in the day as I believed they were filling a gap left by TV3 at the time. Perhaps the broadcast of Ireland Live (UTV Ireland's news programme strand) on Public Holidays has clouded my memory of them providing weekend bulletins. I've been trying to source legacy tv schedule listings for UTV Ireland during weekends between Jan 2015-Jan 2017 but to no avail.

It's cost savings.

Totally agree with this observation -

Ireland AM has done really well for TV3/Virgin Media Television but they are now in danger of complete overkill here. Less is more.

It's a pity that so many broadcasters nowadays can have multiple channels with so much repetition. If they are in financial trouble already, we are in for much worse to come as traditional linear channels on terrestrial, cable & satellite systems are now losing revenue just like radio stations and newspapers/magazines. It's all moving to Online streaming. Brexit may be a factor but the decline will still occur due to changing audience demographic habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭political analyst

Oh, I am surprised if the UTV Ireland channel had not broadcast any news coverage on Sat/Sun back in the day as I believed they were filling a gap left by TV3 at the time. Perhaps the broadcast of Ireland Live (UTV Ireland's news programme strand) on Public Holidays has clouded my memory of them providing weekend bulletins. I've been trying to source legacy tv schedule listings for UTV Ireland during weekends between Jan 2015-Jan 2017 but to no avail.

UTV Ireland never had weekend news bulletins - just the updating of the news section on its website.

UTV Ireland never had weekend news bulletins - just the updating of the news section on its website.

I've no idea why my recollection was otherwise however; I welcome clarification from those contributors such as your good self. Someone mentioned earlier on in this thread that UTV Ireland used broadcast news on Public Holidays so maybe all those Bank Holiday Mondays still felt like weekend coverage in my head. Not sure if they used presenters like: Claire Brock, Brian Daly, Paul Colgan during the news broadcasts that aired during Public Holidays?

Alison Comyn on early evening edition of Ireland Live news on UTV Ireland below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIWjPSnbGJ8

Just a BTW sounds like one of RTÉ Continue Announcers moved to VMTV (been on a good while)

Digiguide updated their schedules. No surprise that ITV Studios programming replaces any movement within the schedules.

On VM1, 7 Ireland AM 11 Elaine 12 News 1 The Chase 3 May The Best House Win* 4 Gino 4.30 Judge Judy

* Last episode shown on ITV was in 2013. Series was shown on UTV Ireland, and a few episodes were on be3.

On VM2 11:30 Judge Rinder 12:30 The Royal 1:30 Ireland AM 2:30 Soaps..

No change with anything else in the schedules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Pathetic really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Its a pity Irish Sky viewers cant get ITV on the Epg because nobody would watch the substandard Virgin media channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭political analyst

I've no idea why my recollection was otherwise however; I welcome clarification from those contributors such as your good self. Someone mentioned earlier on in this thread that UTV Ireland used broadcast news on Public Holidays so maybe all those Bank Holiday Mondays still felt like weekend coverage in my head. Not sure if they used presenters like: Claire Brock, Brian Daly, Paul Colgan during the news broadcasts that aired during Public Holidays?

Alison Comyn on early evening edition of Ireland Live news on UTV Ireland below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIWjPSnbGJ8

She has been presenting the midnight bulletin on Sky News recently.

She has been presenting the midnight bulletin on Sky News recently.

Very interesting - Alison Comyn was one of those unlucky employees at the former UTV Ireland channel. Claire Brock & Paul Colgan transferred to TV3/Virgin Media Television along with Mid-Western correspondent Eric Curtis while Jane Regan ended up in RTÉ News political staff. Meanwhile former TV3 News man, Stephen Murphy left RTÉ News some time ago to take up a role with Sky News. I still recall the short-lived Sky News IRELAND bulletins back in the mid-2000's with Gráinne Seoige, Claire Byrne, Ray Kennedy, Brian Daly. The media landscape is constantly changing nowadays.

Alison Comyn Showreel (UTV Ireland channel)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-LfPp9ZmsU

Alison Comyn - Presenting showreel (1995 - 2005)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bW0Uf7YLAo
    BBC NI - Newsline/Saints & Scholars
    BBC 1 - Holiday
    Sky News Ireland (as Alison Murphy)
    RTE 1 - Potluck
    Travel Channel - Travel On....
    L!VE TV - News

RTE 1 - Potluck

She seems to be a freelance, who's relatively well known. Did she take over from Carrie Crowley (During her year of a daily TV show and nightly radio programme along with her own chat show).

She seems to be a freelance, who's relatively well known. Did she take over from Carrie Crowley (During her year of a daily TV show and nightly radio programme along with her own chat show).

I am not sure to be quite honest. I just went checking on YouTube for other footage after another contributor had mentioned that Alison had been presenting midnight news bulletin on Sky News.

The last time I came across Carrie Crowley was when I saw her recently appearing in RTÉ soap opera, Fair City although; I recall Carrie some years ago on RTÉ Radio 1 and television.

The last time I came across Carrie Crowley was when I saw her recently appearing in RTÉ soap opera, Fair City although; I recall Carrie some years ago on RTÉ Radio 1 and television.

She's been acting a while, she had role in Ros Na Run and School Run.

She's prob the best thing about Extra Ordinary, she plays the part of host of Nationwide!

I think UTV might have had a version of Pot Luck?

She's been acting a while, she had role in Ros Na Run and School Run.

She's prob the best thing about Extra Ordinary, she plays the part of host of Nationwide!

I think UTV might have had a version of Pot Luck?

I don't think I've ever watched an episode of "Pot Luck".

I wonder if it is a similar concept to "Ready Steady Cook!" which used go out on BBC TWO back in the day originally hosted by Fern Britton who was later replaced by Ainsley Harriott as host?

On that note, Ready Steady Cook is set to return to BBC daytime schedules during 2020 with Rylan Clark-Neal as new host.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-49577400

I don't think I've ever watched an episode of "Pot Luck".

I wonder if it is a similar concept to "Ready Steady Cook!" which used go out on BBC TWO back in the day originally hosted by Fern Britton who was later replaced by Ainsley Harriott as host?

On that note, Ready Steady Cook is set to return to BBC daytime schedules during 2020 with Rylan Clark-Neal as new host.

When you say "similar concept" do you mean exactly the same? I think the only difference was that the might have had a wheel they spun to get the ingredients.

How does Rylan get work seriously!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Rylan-Clark Neal also presents the remake of Supermarket Sweep on ITV2. Would that be on any of the VMT channels here?

Advertisement