Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Elmo wrote: »
    Bet RTÉ are disappointed that the votes not on Friday, exit polls have become part of TLLS

Definitely. The LLS will put almost anything on to fill out the 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

Given that they're not involved in the funding of this exit poll, it should be interesting to see what they do at 10pm.

They’ll probably have someone watching RTÉ One and telling Collette Fitzpatrick through her ear piece what the results are. She can then say reports are coming in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

medoc wrote: »
    They’ll probably have someone watching RTÉ One and telling Collette Fitzpatrick through her ear piece what the results are. She can then say reports are coming in.....

Surely her pol corr will have tweeted the result by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

And that's exactly what happened. And it was a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

And that's exactly what happened. And it was a mess.

Yep, not as free flowing. There was Matt getting reports through his ear, some of the panelists writing them down, confusion over who got the highest, and then even 10minutes later - the images being shown were incorrect, with the panel having to correct Matt.

Today has been quite odd. They went very heavy with reporters at 8 or 9 count station from 8.30am onwards. But they were gone for the 3hour show with Ivan and Matt from 8pm onwards.

Just not quite sure why removing your reporters from count centres when more results come through later in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

That generation dating show on Tuesday night was actually quite good. Just looked at next Tuesdays schedule and it’s not on. If they bring out a new show, there needs to be consistency with scheduling to build an audience - otherwise it’s worthless

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

Is the Six o’Clock Show always late starting?I was watching the news this evening and tv was left on VM1. The show didn’t start till 18.08 and the EPG had it as starting 7 minutes ago. I remember before noticing it was late but assumed then it was because of an over run.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Is the Six o’Clock Show always late starting?I was watching the news this evening and tv was left on VM1. The show didn’t start till 18.08 and the EPG had it as starting 7 minutes ago. I remember before noticing it was late but assumed then it was because of an over run.

No it always starts at 18:08..bit weird it's called The Six O'Clock Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

No it always starts at 18:08..bit weird it's called The Six O'Clock Show.

I think they rather overrun the news and weather a bit, so they hope some don't flick over to RTE One at that time. But then again - there's at least a 5 minute break between the end of the news and TSOCS which probably doesn't help retain viewers.

Looking on their Player, TSOCS has a run-time of 40 minutes.
    Also noticed that the hour long News At 12 is actually condensed into 35 minutes. They must plug some load of adverts within that hour so.

News At 12 - 35 minutes
    News At 5:30 - 23 minutes
    News At 8 - 17 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

News at 12 is effectively a 30 minute news bulletin shown twice to fill an hour slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Virgin Media can only show 12mins of ads per hour excluding promos, 17mins is 13mins of ads and promos!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

I read the article, I might have missed the August retirement, he's only 60 and just out of bankruptcy how could he possibly afford to retire!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

FTA Football on VMTV this week for those interested:

UEFA Champions League Round of 16: Atlanta v Valencia, Wed 8pm VM Two.

UEFA Europa League Round of 32: Bruges v Man United, Thursday 5:55pm VM Two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

A programme of Who Wants to be a Millionaire went out at 9pm on VM1. Was that in place of Love Island? Was it a new programme or a repeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Jpmarn wrote: »
    A programme of Who Wants to be a Millionaire went out at 9pm on VM1. Was that in place of Love Island? Was it a new programme or a repeat?

Repeat. a good one too, woman got to 250k with her safety net at 125k and answered the question for 500k incorrectly

LI was cancelled last night because of c.flacks death.

Jpmarn wrote: »

Yep, it was from New Years Day 2019 edition. Looks like VM2 are showing the first Jeremy Clarkson series (again) from 2018 stripped across next week. Even though they've still yet to show the newer episodes from Christmas and in January just gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Delta2113

You will never see those recent Millionaire episodes on Virgin would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

The recent series of Millionaire over last Christmas into January was a celebrity charity specials which was not carried on VM.
    There is suppose to be a new series next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Both RTÉ2 & VM Two have coverage of Athletico Madrid vs Liverpool at 7pm.

If your not into Football. VM Three has live coverage of The Brit Awards tonight at 8pm.

They do? That’s not on the Sky EPG, the Chase, the Restaurant, and Autospsy listed for me.

It would appear to be within VM’s rights mind you, though with RTE Two’s higher EPG position I would have expected minimal impact on viewership.

No, they had it in the weekly TV guides I believe. They also could have shown the other CL match, but now they've replaced it with Autopsy and The Restaurant. The highlights show remains on VM2 at 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Apologies for that. I saw a listing for it in the RTÉ Guide tonight. It's on Virgin Media Sport as usual for their subscribers. Lesson learned.

The Brit Awards on VM Three is a strange one though. How come that is not given a higher placing on VM Two's listings?

The Brit Awards on VM Three is a strange one though. How come that is not given a higher placing on VM Two's listings?

TV3 - main channel
    3e - youth channel
    be3 - female classic channel

Now

VMTV one - TWO - THREE - and repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭its_steve116

The death of Caroline Flack and the negative effect tabloid journalism can have on people's lives is one reason I'm delighted that Xposé bollocks was axed in October. I doubt they'll ever bring it back now.

Did VMTV drop Ant & Dec?

Did VMTV drop Ant & Dec?

No they did just didn’t notice their constant promotions of these shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Did VMTV drop Ant & Dec?

I was told it wasn't live either.

• Advertisement

Time shifted because of Wales v France postgame, I think?

Advertisement