Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭irishmusicfeed

First up UTV is ''foreign'' as its parent company is registered in Northern Ireland hence the UK. TV3's spokesperson in Dublin are claiming UTV is ''foreign'' not its owners Doughty & Handson so can't blame them.

Anyway this is what TV3 or 3e should look like in the future only if it would spend some more money on stuff....

Possible Schedule for Saturdays on TV3 or on 3e
    06:00 Morning Music Mix
    A broad range of music videos from Irish and International talent. Along with the latest music news. Non-stop music video show.

08:00 Best of Ireland AM
    A one-hour highlights show from the past 5 days of Ireland AM

09:00 Batman: The Animated Series
    Animated drama

09:30 Mystery Girls
    Tori Spelling and Jennie Garth feature in new sitcom.

10:00 Something For the Weekend with Anna Daly
    TV3’s Anna Daly brings you the latest entertainment news, in-studio guests, live music performances, a preview

12:00 Expose Weekend Edition
    A round-up of the biggest news stories of the week as well as preview to this weekend’s events.

12:30 Irish Top 20
    In-studio show hosted by a presenter. TV3 gives you the only chance to view this week’s singles and album chart based on the highest selling and streaming singles in Ireland .

14:00 America’s Next Top Model
    Skinny people pouting and looking fierce, apparently.

15:00 The 100
    CW Drama series

16:00 Melissa & Joey
    US Comedy series

16:30 The Fosters
    ABC Family Drama Series

17:15 The Movie Club
    A quick round-up of the biggest cinematic releases of the week, interviews, on the red carpet events and film news from Ireland and Hollywood.

17:30 3News Weekend Update
    A round-up of today’s local, national and international news stories.

18:00 The Flash
    The CW programme makes a move across the Atlantic pond, based on the comic series The Flash.

19:00 Blind Date with Lucy Kennedy
    Based on the Australian TV of the format of the 90s, Lucky Kennedy tries to find love for others.

20:00 Sitting On A Fortune
    Brain Dowling hosts new family entertainment show.

21:00 3 Plays Movies:
    Each week TV3 selects the crème-de-le-crème of American, Irish and European cinema.

00:00 Saturday Night Live
    Direct from NYC with live music performances, celebrity guests and US comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭Infoanon

what days/ time will red rock be on ? Tuesdays and Thursdays @8.30 maybe ?

I was thinking the same thing- their options are very limited,2 times a week indicates Tuesday and Thursday,they will have to avoid Eastenders, Emmerdale, Coronation Street and Fair City yet 8.30 means the soap will fail as a lead in to prime time viewing aka prime advertising monies.

I was expecting some surprises today eg rights to Home and Away or rights to Eastenders alas damp squib comes to mind - should have known when the press conference was in the afternoon.

The '6 pillars' seems to have disappeared as well, as for a buyout, UTV did a due diligence afaik and decided to go it alone, why take on someone elses debt !

irishfeen wrote: »
    Still recon sometime like this would be much better - One TV3 channel in HD, with quality home produced stuff increasing over time at prime time.

07:00 Ireland AM
    10:00 3 Kids: The Den – (Studio based show with classic/new homegrown shows)
    12:00 3News: w/ Sybil Mulchay and Elaine Crowley.
    12:30 Xpose.
    13:00 Come Dine with Me.
    13:30 Judge Judy
    14:00 The Jeremy Kyle Show
    15:00 The Chase
    16:00 The Cube
    17:00 Friends
    17:30 The Lie
    18:00 That 70’s Show
    18:30 The Big Bang Theory
    19:00 3 News: w/ Anton Savage and Collette Fitzpatrick
    19:30 Red Rock
    20:00 Gogglebox
    20:30 The Middle
    21:30 American Dad
    22:00 Tonight With Vincent Browne
    23:00 Conan
    00:00 Family Guy
    00:30 The Cleveland Show

TV3 don't have the rights to The Big Bang Theory and afaik UTVI will hold the rights to Jeremy Kyle.

Re the Saturday schedule put together by Irishmusicfeed - looks more like a MTV schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭irishmusicfeed

Infoanon wrote: »
    TV3 don't have the rights to The Big Bang Theory and afaik UTVI will hold the rights to Jeremy Kyle.

Re the Saturday schedule put together by Irishmusicfeed - looks more like a MTV schedule.

Ha! I used to work for MTV oopppsss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Onthe3rdDay

First up UTV is ''foreign'' as its parent company is registered in Northern Ireland hence the UK. TV3's spokesperson in Dublin are claiming UTV is ''foreign'' not its owners Doughty & Handson so can't blame them.

First of all I don't actually regard Northern Ireland as Foreign. I would think that most people in the republic would have various views on Northern Ireland but very few would consider it Foreign. It's TV3 management's lack of understanding of their audience when they come out with rubbish like that. It's not TV3's spokespeople that are coming out with this, it's the management.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

14:00 America’s Next Top Model
    Skinny people pouting and looking fierce, apparently.

:pac:

The daytime part of the schedule looks like something that 3e should show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,756 ✭✭✭lertsnim

TV3 don't have the rights to The Big Bang Theory

It's on 3e a lot

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's on 3e a lot

They have the rights to 2 eariler seasons (don't know which ones but they picked them up last year). They'll now show them until they wear out whatever they're stored on.

It's on 3e a lot

Series 1 and 2 only afaik, its repeated a lot !

All the later series rights are held by RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,756 ✭✭✭lertsnim

What exactly does the UFC deal entail? All live events? Or only European ones?

• Advertisement

I

The '6 pillars' seems to have disappeared as well, as for a buyout, UTV did a due diligence afaik and decided to go it alone, why take on someone elses debt !

Look at the all hassle they would have had if they bought it. They would have had to deal with employees they didn't really want. Loads of shows that made no money but you couldn't cancel them without getting huge amounts of bad publicity. No real love for the station by most people.
    They'd have to rebrand and relaunch. Even if they had gotten it for free it would have cost them double or treble.

That's why Communicorp are their own real hope at this stage. No one else with any sense would go near them. A wise company would just wait till they closed and then swoop in either for the TV3 licence or apply for another licence like UTV did.

What exactly does the UFC deal entail? All live events? Or only European ones?

It seems to be next day replay, not live. However, again the details aren't clear on their own publicity. They're too busy getting a dig in at SKY.

It seems to be next day replay, not live. However, again the details aren't clear on their own publicity. They're too busy getting a dig in at SKY.

There is nothing on the UFC website either - afaik BT have the exclusive Irish and UK live rights - the TV3 press release just mentions UFC being shown no mention of live coverage or deferred coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

In relation to Red Rock I am guessing Sunday & Wednesday Night at 8:30, though I suggest Sunday night because of X-Factor but then when Red Rock start it won't have that lead it, I;d be really announed if I was Red Rock producers in the way TV3 have push back production dates, broadcast dates and the number of episodes. Not that Red rock needs to run 52 weeks, it could take a break during the world cup, with repeats of Series one on 3e during that month to highlight it.

I honestly hope that Red Rock is good for the producers, the writers and the actors.

The interview on Newstalk was terrible, Hook was very soft and yet Jeff Ford had a hard time having fairly easing going conversation, you could hear himself kicking himself as soon as he said "Exclusive rights to shows like ...... Catchphrase" of all the ITV shows to mention.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Seems to be mostly on a delayed basis except for Conor McGregors next fight but even that they seem to imply will be live without actually stating that will be the case.

Elmo wrote: »
    In relation to Red Rock I am guessing Sunday & Wednesday Night at 8:30, though I suggest Sunday night because of X-Factor but then when Red Rock start it won't have that lead it, I;d be really announed if I was Red Rock producers in the way TV3 have push back production dates, broadcast dates and the number of episodes. Not that Red rock needs to run 52 weeks, it could take a break during the world cup, with repeats of Series one on 3e during that month to highlight it.

I honestly hope that Red Rock is good for the producers, the writers and the actors.

Its only on for 30 weeks of the year, that leaves 22 weeks to fill, though I expect a lot of repeats and omnibuses, all weekend catch ups etc etc

Its only on for 30 weeks of the year, that leaves 22 weeks to fill, though I expect a lot of repeats and omnibuses, all weekend catch ups etc etc

I read it as 30mins twice a week with no mention of how many weeks.

Even at 30 it brings you to Aug 2015 take a 2 month break for RWC, but they'd have to make sure it returns in October.

Even at 30 it brings you to Aug 2015 take a 2 month break for RWC, but they'd have to make sure it returns in October.

Apologies, my error it does mean 30mins twice a week.

On another note, the coverage in tomorrow's papers will be interesting !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This is one of the problems with today's presentation. The facts coming from TV3 appear to be up in the air. I thought that it was 80 eps which would be 40 weeks. In fact looking over press releases that they put out there aren't as many solid details as you'd think.

• Advertisement

This is one of the problems with today's presentation. The facts coming from TV3 appear to be up in the air. I thought that it was 80 eps which would be 40 weeks. In fact looking over press releases that they put out there aren't as many solid details as you'd think.

IMO they are still waiting on BAI funding for Red Rock. That will be announced next week.

IMO they are still waiting on BAI funding for Red Rock. That will be announced next week.

Well they will get it I presume. The funny thing is that of all the stuff they put forward it's the one thing that actually might be worth watching. However I can see it stopping in June and never coming back.

I also love the backtracking by the new Xpose presenter. In the press releases it said that...

Peter brings a wealth of experience to Xposé having risen from a Field Producer to Assignment Manager at TMZ’s LA offices and he has played a part in breaking some of the biggest pop culture news stories in the world including the deaths of Whitney Houston and Paul Walker, and Jay Z and Solange’s elevator fight. Not to mention Peter was running the assignment desk when TMZ.com reached record highs of 60 million unique visitors monthly.

Meanwhile he claims
    "Know this I don't have creative control or editin power with tmz so I can be made out that I'm sayin something I'm not. Notice the cam didn't come back onto me to have the opportunity to defend. I'm the proudest Irish person on the map and there are plenty of people that will back me up on that. I do t edit the tv show , nor can I speak for any of my co workers or my boss. Slan go foil." http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/former-tmz-star-peter-oriordan-is-new-xpose-presenter-30541770.html#sthash.SgbKrcVu.dpuf

So he was just there for his looks it seems...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,545 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd suspect UTV employ more people in the Republic (and did before the TV station even began) than TV3 do, if you're going to go down the route of staff-aren't-the-owners.

TV3 are a British-owned TV station. For them to try apply that appellation in a denigrating manner to anyone else is sheer hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

lots of glowing reviews in the press today with the Mirror actually saying "having lost champions league rights it has re-acquired them", a total nonsense as they have not even being advertised yet for ireland. IT goes on the say that tv3 are proving a force to be reckoned with.

lots of glowing reviews in the press today with the Mirror actually saying "having lost champions league rights it has re-acquired them", a total nonsense as they have not even being advertised yet for ireland. IT goes on the say that tv3 are proving a force to be reckoned with.

Any link to the IT article can't find it. Find that many of the papers editors seem to have got board of the TV3 story, very little in the papers about TV3 when you consider the past few weeks.

Any link to the IT article can't find it. Find that many of the papers editors seem to have got board of the TV3 story, very little in the papers about TV3 when you consider the past few weeks.

Plenty of TV News in the Irish Times today (as they mostly do on Thursdays) regarding UTVi, TV3 and Setanta:

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/media-and-marketing/utv-bids-to-lure-big-brands-to-irish-ad-breaks-1.1909664

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/media-and-marketing/are-you-sitting-comfortably-for-the-tv-season-ahead-1.1909765

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/sectors/media-and-marketing/setanta-warms-up-for-next-mcgregor-fight-1.1909662

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/media/tv3-s-autumn-schedule-to-feature-tds-on-welfare-1.1909948

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

oops sorry elmo....typo by me. i should have said It... not the IT...

The press release on the TV3 site has grown since yesterday. It stopped around the start of International Acquisitions before. So they have Jeremy Kyle, Graham Norton, The Chase and The Cube there - so they will be definitely showing them alongside UTVi. Should be interesting to see how those rate.

They've added 3e to the release. Celebrity Obssessed seems to be the only home grown show along with the returning Uploaded which is disappointing. No sign of other US comedies either, they haven't shown The Middle or Modern Family in a year now - so I guess that's over. I hope they have plenty of shows in their locker if they want to make a real go of this new rebrand in November.

• Advertisement

oops sorry elmo....typo by me. i should have said It... not the IT...

That could drag up a debate on whether the popular Channel 4 comedy was pronounced The IT Crowd or The It Crowd :cool:

Advertisement