Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Be interesting to see where Red Rock is going in the schedule.
    The only open slots between 7-9pm for soaps are Tuesday 8.30, Wednesday 8.30, Thursday 8.30 and possibly Sunday.

If (and that's a big if) they secured Champions League - then Tuesday and/or Wednesday wouldn't fit. Maybe Thursday at 8.30 and Sunday at 8.30. Although Sunday one would move when X Factor is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,756 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Hopefully tv3 surprise everyone and launch in HD on January 1st. Hopefully.

I still wouldn't watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

I think TV3 will be sold next year. I believe someone(s) have been snooping around earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Maysa07 wrote: »
    I think TV3 will be sold next year. I believe someone(s) have been snooping around earlier this year.
    Who would buy them though? UTV were IMO the only ones likely to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

UTV was never going to buy TV3 once there was a timetable for Digital, or there was a possibility they would go bust.

They have no assets worth talking about vs the Debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Maysa07 wrote: »

I doubt it. Anyone can start up on DTT, Sky and UPC. It's not like analogue era of only 4 channels.

What exactly have TV3 got? Unless someone is paid to take them and their debt. It's not a compelling quality brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

I not sure where the soap can go but tue/thur 8:30 Rós na Rún is on. Would that cause much of a problem?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

While they are owned by a venture capital company they are always up for sale, at the right price. Doughty Hanson have no long term commitment to media and they will get out if offered enough money.

But as Watty says, who would buy them?!?!

I not sure where the soap can go but tue/thur 8:30 Rós na Rún is on. Would that cause much of a problem?

Oh never even thought of Rós na Rún. Only leaves Wed and Sun 8.30 if they didn't want to clash with the other soaps. Another alternative would be to go for a 9pm start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

So Trevor Welch the commentator with a speech impediment and general on off howlers he has with every match is back? Maybe he'll read Dummies guide to rugby as well. Channels a train wreck anyways not interested :cool:

We might refrain from personal comments about individuals who are not here to defend themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BreakingBadLad

TV3 launched their first teaser trailer today for red rock... Tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.813&article=152285

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

TV3 have their Rugby World Cup webpage up and running.

http://www.tv3.ie/rwc2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

TV3 launched their first teaser trailer today for red rock... Tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.813&article=152285

Wow! Read one write up that S&V will support it for 2 seasons????? What was it that the BAI CEO said about DCTV when it was in financial difficultly?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

They said Red Rock will not be like other soaps. Not too sure what to make of that.

They said Red Rock will not be like other soaps.

I expect it to be excellent so.

lertsnim wrote: »
    I expect it to be excellent so.

In fairness we haven't seen it and TV3 aren't known for creative marketing at the best of times. Also its produced by a good set of Irish producers, its a pity about the UK producers.

New Promo for TV3 airs at 20:45 on TV3 A New Dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭irishmusicfeed

Hey begrudges, here's the new TV3 #NewDawn advert http: // t.co/Ti9ZMNTr1h

• Advertisement

What are we begrudging ? Anyone able to post on youtube? Geoblocked for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BreakingBadLad

Elmo wrote: »
    What are we begrudging ? Anyone able to post on youtube? Geoblocked for some reason.

Try this link, posted by tv3 newsreader on twitter: t.co/oKYXnzHD7d

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Nice promo in fairness to them - still won't be watching though...

All style and no substance.

Nothing about +1 is it going ahead on Monday / tomorrow

It doesn't seem to be. Wonder what the delay is. Of course all we had was media reports, TV3 themselves never said anything.

icdg wrote: »
    It doesn't seem to be. Wonder what the delay is. Of course all we had was media reports, TV3 themselves never said anything.

Yep seems strange. Had a look through the UPC guide this morning - no where to be seen. Plus it will be interesting to even see where it pops up. If it goes in with gold+1 and more4+1 in around the 150 numbers, then it's pointless. Channel 119 is free.

There will be a shake up at the top of the EPG anyway to make room for UTV Ireland so maybe they've agreed to wait so that TV3+1 and UTVi can be added together.

icdg wrote: »
    There will be a shake up at the top of the EPG anyway to make room for UTV Ireland so maybe they've agreed to wait so that TV3+1 and UTVi can be added together.

Yep, not to derail the whole thread, but UPC really need to sort out their EPG between the 100-199. More than likely over the next few years, most channels will have a +1 station. It will prove to be a nightmare unless they can properly plan it now, and leave spaces throughout, instead of moving channels every few months which may happen if rte2, tg4, utvi, 3e want to have +1 channels too

• Advertisement

The problem is really the priority policy for Irish channels. In theory its a great idea but in practice it leads to mass rememberings when a new Irish channel launches. Makes long term planning impossible really. We've been lucky that RTE One+1 took over a vacant space from City and RTEjr and RTE News Now were able to slot in on x00s but there's no fudging it now - RTE One+1 has given the precedent and moving RTE1 to 100 (etc) still wouldn't make room for two launches. We're going off topic here of course.

Advertisement