Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

The Cush wrote: »
    Mine is set to 52 weeks, iseegirls missed TV3 29-Dec-2015 from his list :D.
    Channel 5 and 5* have shown the movie 6 times since Aug 30th, not including their +1s.

That showing was cancelled. Went with a different film in the end, which occurs a lot over Xmas schedules with tv3. digiguide is very slow with updating listings, even if they do it at all. TVGuide.co.uk is a great resource, and goes back as far as April 2014.

http://my.tvguide.co.uk/channellisting.asp?ch=352&cTime=12/29/2015%206:00:00%20AM

Digiguide have TBA's on 27th June from 7am-10am on 3e. Looks like this will be the slot for the kids shows. The times are very strange - some programmes lasting 7 and 12 minutes - indicating that these will more than likely be shows similar to Peppa Pig's short runtime. Unsure what's left out there that isn't on RTE Junior.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

iseegirls wrote: »
    Digiguide have TBA's on 27th June from 7am-10am on 3e. Looks like this will be the slot for the kids shows. The times are very strange - some programmes lasting 7 and 12 minutes - indicating that these will more than likely be shows similar to Peppa Pig's short runtime. Unsure what's left out there that isn't on RTE Junior.

I think the teletubbies launch suggested that it was for pre-schoolers. I assume that the rest of the day is take up with Ireland AM, Midday etc?

Elmo wrote: »
    I think the teletubbies launch suggested that it was for pre-schoolers. I assume that the rest of the day is take up with Ireland AM, Midday etc?

They've moved back Midday, Xpose and Seven o'clock show to start at 4.30am. Ireland:AM unfortunately stays the same at 10am for 3 hours, then the usual repeats there after. Really thought they'd at least change up the schedule a bit more.

iseegirls wrote: »
    They've moved back Midday, Xpose and Seven o'clock show to start at 4.30am. Ireland:AM unfortunately stays the same at 10am for 3 hours, then the usual repeats there after. Really thought they'd at least change up the schedule a bit more.

What's on from 1pm?

• Advertisement

What's on from 1pm?

Xpose, All Star Family Fortunes, CSI, and 3 episodes of Tipping Point.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭lgs 4

" i hate you ,you hate me, lets all kill Barney"

lgs 4 wrote: »
    " i hate you ,you hate me, lets all kill Barney"

Balony and Kids from animanics :)

"Baloney and Kids is brought to you by this station and other stations that lack clever programming."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Balony and Kids from animanics :)

"Baloney and Kids is brought to you by this station and other stations that lack clever programming."

Didn't Barney die off years ago with the dinosours? Its probably cheap and filler material that will get some advertising.

• Advertisement

Didn't Barney die off years ago with the dinosours? Its probably cheap and filler material that will get some advertising.

Last series was in 2009. TV3 showing from Series 11, which was broadcast in 2007. For the Teletubbies, they are showing the newest series which started 8 months ago.

Other shows include Little Charmers (from Nick Jnr), Driver Dan's Story Train (CBeebies), Babar and the Adventures of Badou (Canadian animation),
    Ready Steady Wiggle (Australian), Origanimals (Malaysian), Rainbow Ruby (?), Jibber Jabber (Canadian), Stella And Sam (Canadian), Ghosts Of Time (?)

I'm not exactly up to date with what's in - but apart from Teletubbies and Barney, I have never heard of the rest.

It is filler for 3e, but it beats whats there at the moment in terms of repeating TV3 daytime shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

hi folks could i have a link to the future program which tv3 has commissioned re people scammed pleaase

But that is true of most channels. Repeats, repeats, repeats. Unending repeats.
    does any one remember the song from back in the day, 59 chanells and nothing on

What is weird about that? TV3 have a history of bending the rules to suit themselves and being backed by the BAI - such as extra advertising time per hour, while RTE are hit at every opportunity.

The politicos and Dept of Communications do not like RTE at all and do them down at every opportunity. You would think it was operated by a hostile foreign occupying power.
    they have a nice little earner in the licence fee, which tv3 has not

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

flutered wrote: »

TV3 had a write off by the taxpayer of more than €80 million. I think that would be quite a nice little bit for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

And lets not forget they are owned by a company with revenue of $18.4 billion last year.

does any one remember the song from back in the day, 59 chanells and nothing on

No I think it's a quote from Bob Dylan but I don't think it was a lyric in a song.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

No I think it's a quote from Bob Dylan but I don't think it was a lyric in a song.

It was Bruce Springsteen

Bruce Springsteen - 57 Channels (And Nothin' On)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

It's a real pity 3e wouldn't try to be a designated irish sports channel.
    GAA coverage, LOI, AIL, PRO 12, Athletics events.......

It's just a waste of space as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

If hope they'd sort their picture quality out first.

• Advertisement

hi folks could i have a link to the future program which tv3 has commissioned re people scammed pleaase

If it's the Conor Pope Dodgy Dealers show, then the details are on the website: https://www.tv3.ie/take_part.php

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sports rights cost money, which is a bit of a problem for a channel dedicated to showing the cheapest programming since the test card.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭deezell

TV3 had a write off by the taxpayer of more than €80 million. I think that would be quite a nice little bit for them.

And a vast chunk of that was for the provision of HD as part of their PUBLIC service obligation. They then used the HD as a lever to take the 6 nations on behalf of Sky, so no shortage of money there. The loophole used is that they still provide it on free to air, at about one eight the quality and bandwidth. Tv3 sd is poorer quality than the old analogue broadcasts.. The overpaid and half asleep regulators in the BAI were blindsided., no pressure to improve the FTA signal to the quality of the taxpayer subsidised studio output. So a good chunk of public license money is being used to assist a pay TV service gain exclusive signal quality access to events of national importance ( assuming that you're an irish sports addict). It was the same with their share of the euros, thank the stars for BBC and ITV HD.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Just to say that there is no evidence of any Sky involvement in TV3's purchase of Six Nations rights.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/media-and-marketing/david-mcredmond-appointed-chairman-of-powerscourt-ireland-1.2704486
    Earlier this year, he was a candidate for the position of director-general of RTÉ.

Was he? or just a presumed candidate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Sunday times reports that red rock has been commissioned for another season. 12 months this time. They are hoping the UK lunchtime slot works and possibly brings onboard the BBC to co finance the show.

eir have RWC 2019 though I think we all thought TV3 wouldn't pick them up with the time difference.

eir have RWC 2019 though I think we all thought TV3 wouldn't pick them up with the time difference.

The money pumped into the 6 Nations is a much wiser investment at a much friendlier time for them. Will be interesting to see whether they'll go for the Irish matches though in the RWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

So TV3 becomes a 3 channel family ... What would we all like to see with regards distribution of UTV content between the 3? (if it is 3 to remain)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

irishfeen wrote: »
    So TV3 becomes a 3 channel family ... What would we all like to see with regards distribution of UTV content between the 3? (if it is 3 to remain)

So we could have TV31 TV32 TV33

Advertisement