Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

It's rumoured in the indo today that TV3 have poached bill Malone from rte 2 to take over as director of content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Cliff Walker

Well he hasn't done fook all for rte2 except dumb it down to remedial level.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I can nearly picture RTÉ pleading with him not to go as they push him out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

That's hardly a good thing, Bill hasn't done anything but make RTÉ 2 worse than it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

did any of these show happen?
    Ireland's Call
    Off The Ball Sporting Heroes
    KEITH BARRY: HYPNOMAGICIAN
    WISH LIST
    THE GREAT IRISH MENU
    HOUSE RULES
    THELMA’S COMMUNION GIRLS
    IRELAND’S PROBLEM PETS
    Disclosure
    PARAMEDICS
    INSIDE THE COOMBE
    JOBSTOWN – THE EDGE OF TOWN
    DONAL MACINTYRE
    VINCENT BROWNE INVESTIGATES: GERRY ADAMS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Elmo wrote: »
    did any of these show happen?

Keith Barry was being interviewed for TV Now recently, saying he's currently writing Hypnomagician, and hope to start filming early next year. He's involved with US programming at the moment.

They showed 4 parts of Disclosure, but there are about 6 remaining.

The VB Gerry Adams was scheduled around Dec I think, but was pulled from the final schedules. Probably to do with the looming General Election at the time.

All the rest - no sign. Expect the same to be talked about in TV3's launch this month.

The Mail have said they've signed up Masterchef and Celebrity Masterchef however.

iseegirls wrote: »
    All the rest - no sign. Expect the same to be talked about in TV3's launch this month.

I wonder when the head of Virgin Media was quick to stop TV3 suggesting a news channel. I think Virgin may wish to depart from the spurious claims that TV3 are so used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

The Cush wrote: »

TV3/Virgin Media Studio

Autumn schedule preview date is 31st August. Expect a few more TV3 articles in the media over the coming weeks.

So far I've noticed that Vincent Browne will be staying on and Masterchef and Celebrity Masterchef will move to TV3.

Wonder are they waiting until the decision regarding whether Virgin Media have successfully taken over UTV Ireland. unsure that would be sorted before the end of August though.

• Advertisement

I was thinking the same, the decision on UTV Ireland won't be made until October based on both previous takeovers.

New look also planned, not sure if this means a new logo.

Masterchef is sounding very much like an announcement for 2018, as it hasn't gone to production. I assume the rights are still held by shinawhil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

This post has been deleted.

That's exactly what happened, the reasons they outline in their recent application "initially the work wasn't carried out because the growth plans were constrained by the economic conditions (recession) .... Subsequent to that, TV3 were going through a takeover process .... long term planning has been undertaken before significant investment plans were approved and effected"

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/my-new-tv3-show-is-gone-into-limbo-with-changeover-pamela-flood-34969174.html
    A TV3 spokeswoman said a final decision on Pamela's proposed show lay with the incoming director of programming, Bill Malone, who starts work in October.

I expect that to be the same for most of the shows announced last year. Not good though as there will be a 2 month gap between now and October, until he starts and decides what can go into production or not.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/my-new-tv3-show-is-gone-into-limbo-with-changeover-pamela-flood-34969174.html

I expect that to be the same for most of the shows announced last year. Not good though as there will be a 2 month gap between now and October, until he starts and decides what can go into production or not.

Surprising to see them re-launch with no programme director.

All the rest - no sign. Expect the same to be talked about in TV3's launch this month

Smalltown begins 1st Sept

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I didn't where to post this but two new quiz shows are being commissioned/re-commissioned for ITV.

The British Independent have reported recently that ITV are set to revive Blankety Blank after being off air for 14 years.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/blankety-blank-to-make-a-comeback-on-itv-following-14-years-off-air-a7189861.html

A new quiz show called Tower of 10 is being presented by Warwick Davis according to this tweet.
    http://twitter.com/mickywashTV/status/765188834619449344/photo/1

The Great Irish Bake Off won't be renewed for a fourth series.

Surprised it got to 3 series. Very hard to match the British version.

Smalltown begins 1st Sept

Thursday at 10pm.

First few Red Rock adverts yesterday as well, confirming that its going to have a brand new time slot, with no more 8.30's going by their twitter page. Maybe an hour on Thursday at 9pm?

Thursday at 10pm.

First few Red Rock adverts yesterday as well, confirming that its going to have a brand new time slot, with no more 8.30's going by their twitter page. Maybe an hour on Thursday at 9pm?

An hour on Thursday? Surely Monday night.

• Advertisement

On Digiguide for Monday 5th schedules, few changes in times for some of TV3's shows, although most areas are still TBA

6:00 Xpose
    6:30 TBA
    7:00 The Seven O'Clock Show
    8:00 News At 8
    8:30 TBA
    9:30 TBA
    10:30 Tonight With Vincent Browne
    11:30 Unforgettable (US Drama)

So it looks like Xpose is going to go back to half an hour, while Vincent Browne will be on a half hour earlier. Maybe Red Rock then for 9:30?

Strange to move xpose back 3mins before the return of itv soaps, I'd was thinking they might go after six one with pat Kenny and have a 2 hr news from 5.

Strange to move xpose back 3mins before the return of itv soaps, I'd was thinking they might go after six one with pat Kenny and have a 2 hr news from 5.

It might be just making space for TSOCS to move into the 6:30 slot, and get yet another name when Emmerdale and Corrie move back.

Had hoped 3e would get a facelift. Judging from provisional listings out too, no such luck. The same 3 hours of repeat of Ireland:AM, 3 hours of Tipping Point and 4 episodes of Bondi Rescue, along with films which have been shown several times this year on the channel already. Will see what they say about the channel next Wednesday.

TV3 will revert to 30mins of xpose and will re-try to repeat the show on 3e at 8:30
    4 In a Bed will go out at 6:30 next week!
    with bondi beach rescue airing before xpose on 3e from 7pm!

Yep, there's been a bit of a cull with the Xpose presenters as well, with Aisling O'loughlin not returning to the show after maternity. Lisa Cannon is going the Saturday AM and Sunday AM. While Peter O'Riordan is being left go altogether.

Leaves Karen Koster (when she's back from maternity), Glenda Gilson, Ruth O'Neill and Cassie Stokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭thesultan

Suprised with Cannon but she will probably take over Laura Woods slot with Laura taking over Anna's.

Midweek returns with pat Kenny and Colette fitzpatrick, red rock on monday nights

Midweek returns with pat Kenny and Colette fitzpatrick, red rock on monday nights

Adgena returns with dmcw!

Very surprised to see Agenda coming back with David McWilliams, especially with it being off the air in about 10 years.

Just judging from the small press release on their website and twitter - there isn't anything new that jumps out really. We kinda knew Pat Kenny would return, and it's not as if it's going to be groundbreaking telly - especially if Claire Byrne get the same guests 2 days earlier if a big story is out there. Gogglebox has been 30 months in the making, while other docs were mentioned last year. Sport is just Champions League.

Nothing regarding 3e in any press release - so looks like it will be ignored for another year.

Nothing said about UTV Ireland yet or any possible merge.

• Advertisement

Very surprised to see Agenda coming back with David McWilliams, especially with it being off the air in about 10 years.

Just judging from the small press release on their website and twitter - there isn't anything new that jumps out really. We kinda knew Pat Kenny would return, and it's not as if it's going to be groundbreaking telly - especially if Claire Byrne get the same guests 2 days earlier if a big story is out there. Gogglebox has been 30 months in the making, while other docs were mentioned last year. Sport is just Champions League.

Nothing regarding 3e in any press release - so looks like it will be ignored for another year.

Nothing said about UTV Ireland yet or any possible merge.

Surprised to see Gogglebox get of the ground so soon, I though it would air until the new year. I though Masterchef was going to be one of those things thrown up by TV3.

I was expecting a new logo and brand!

Advertisement