Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Red Rock's more adult content in 1hour format will probably see it stick to a later time slot. My point was that TV3 will try and schedule Red Rock to follow the UK Soaps and see if they can get a bounce.

It's not strong enough for so called more adult content. That's my own opinion of it, it didn't seem to escape the soap opera genre. purely an opinion. always hard for a series to make such a leap.

UTV and TV3 have also proven that the bounce from Coro Street for the 9pm slot isn't as strong as the hammock-ing between coro st. The best preforming programme following coro st was The Apprentice, followed by Law and Order SVU and then Doc Martin.

However if TV3 can use Coro St and Emmerdale to market Red Rock then perhaps.... however wouldn't it be nice for TV3 to start running Red Rock ads during Coro St and Emmerdale now that they have the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Think they'll move Red Rock to 9pm on a Monday. The 9:30pm trial possibly failed.

Even looking at how US TV works, which is crammed full of ads (a bad thing), but when a TV show finishes and is on the credits, it immediately places those credits into a box in the corner, and starts showing the next programme. Could work for Corrie and Red Rock, or any other show following the soaps?

They did a bad job in getting any audience to stay with TV3 in the last few months they had the soaps. The Lie and Crossfire were really just daytime quiz shows.

iseegirls wrote: »
    They did a bad job in getting any audience to stay with TV3 in the last few months they had the soaps. The Lie and Crossfire were really just daytime quiz shows.

I think they would have worked better as a lead into TSOC, than an hour long xpose.

Also I think Red Rock just finished series 2 and is waiting on the next round of funding from the BAI, that funding will be announced on 15 Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Delta2113

TV3 is going after RTE1, 3E after RTE2 (major surgery needed on 3E) - not sure plans for Utv Ireland. Make sense to swap around 3E with Utv Ireland so 3E goes HD in the short term i.e. early 2017.

• Advertisement

TV3's toy show is presented by Lucy Kennedy and Dustin The Turkey this year. Although it's an odd schedule they've put together. So the main show is only 30 minutes. At 6pm is Six’s Countdown to Christmas, which is hosted by Martin King & Muireann O’Connell.

Odd to have a 2 hour build-up to an event which is only 30 minutes long. Although Lucy has said that they're not going up against TLLToyS, it's more of a countdown.

TV3's toy show is presented by Lucy Kennedy and Dustin The Turkey this year. Although it's an odd schedule they've put together. So the main show is only 30 minutes. At 6pm is Six’s Countdown to Christmas, which is hosted by Martin King & Muireann O’Connell.

Odd to have a 2 hour build-up to an event which is only 30 minutes long. Although Lucy has said that they're not going up against TLLToyS, it's more of a countdown.

So for 2 hours 30 mins TV3 will have a build up for their competitor!

So TSOCS is moving to 6 to be called Six?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Seemingly. They are calling it "TV3's Toy Show Teaser". Bizzare.

Elmo wrote: »

So TSOCS is moving to 6 to be called Six?

Sounds like it from their press release anyway. They really shouldn't have went with a name with the time in it, as it's harder to move around the schedule. Sure they have a show called Midday starting at 11.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭thesultan

Is Lucy not due?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Elmo wrote: »

They may aswell. Only live coverage of the second coming of christ would beat the Toy Show on a Friday night. TV3 might do well with their Christmas themed programming before 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭deezell

lertsnim wrote: »
    ... Only live coverage of the second coming of christ would beat the Toy Show on a Friday night....

J***s, I'd watch that. What time is it on at???

deezell wrote: »
    J***s, I'd watch that. What time is it on at???

During Xpose, he just picks the worst times.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

And so the change begins. Can't wait to see what will replace them on UTVI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭galtee boy

And so the change begins. Can't wait to see what will replace them on UTVI.

Irreplaceable from an audience grabbing point of view. I really can't see how UTVI can survive. 3e is already the repeat channel of TV3, mixed with stuff from ITV2 etc. What purpose can it be used for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Haven't seen confirmation of that anywhere else yet. Not unexpected though. Nail in the coffin for UTVI.

Yep was just going to post it up, can't see any confirmation anywhere too. Digiguide has up the usual listings anyway.

If true, surprised they've gone for moving The 7 O'clock show back an hour. Also surprised then that Xpose will be moved somewhere else.

Edit: judging from his replies, seems like its in TV Now for next week. Anyone get their hands on it yet or RTE Guide?

It's an odd day to do it, being a Thursday, but it ties in with what we've heard about TV3's schedule for Friday 2nd December (Toy Show Night).

• Advertisement

Bad move really.

While it will boost TV3's audience it will prob only bring them back to 2014 levels not a 14% share.

while it leaves UTV Ireland out in the cold. No rebrand.

TV3's own guide doesn't show UTV Ireland (the begrugery) while it has not update its own listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭galtee boy

There will have to be a massive advertising push done on both TV3 and UTVI in the next 9 days, otherwise there will be uproar from the soap fans, recordings and series link etc will have to be rescheduled. More elderly people who watch stuff live and don't follow forums etc, won't have a clue what's going on.

It might be on both channels until they decide what to do with UTV Ireland. Unclear if that's shown in the listings. Anyone fancy running out for a TV Now? :D

I wouldn't be surprised if UTV Ireland closes when this happens, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Koloman wrote: »
    Some more info here. 8'O clock news will be axed.

yep that was a no brainer. back to normal from now on :(

Koloman wrote: »

Odd article. Xpose moves to 7:30? Well that will see it only being on Tuesday (non-CL nights) and Thursday. Life only has 6 episodes, so that will only last until the following week.

He's likely only going on two days worth of schedules.

If 7:30pm is indeed Xpose's destination I can't see it lasting long, but either way I'd suggest that one of Xpose or the Six O'Clock show won't last long term.

Now that the news is out I'd expect an announcement from TV3 in the coming days.

• Advertisement

icdg wrote: »
    He's likely only going on two days worth of schedules.

If 7:30pm is indeed Xpose's destination I can't see it lasting long, but either way I'd suggest that one of Xpose or the Six O'Clock show won't last long term.

Now that the news is out I'd expect an announcement from TV3 in the coming days.

Even still it now makes more sense that TV3 have a half hour toy show at 8, sandwiched between Coro st and the naming of the six programme as a lead in.

Advertisement