Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrading an AUGA1- The 25 hour/4 day marathon

• 07-05-2014 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Long story short: If your fps is crap on your AUG. Take out the 2 screws that hold the hop up in place.

I decided to put 13:1 gears into my otherwise bog standard JG AUG. Having never undertaken the task before I had expected it to take a little longer than it usually should. Swapping the gears was the easy part. The biggest problem initially was trying to get the trigger mechanism to stay in place, numerous attempts later, it stayed in place and the gearbox was back together which was a two man job.

I tested it out on my chrono and got 15-18rps but at only 180-200 fps. I had chronoed the AUG months before and think it was at about 250-270fps. I then put in my brothers AUGA2 upper and barrel into my lower reciever and I was getting a consistent 350FPS at 18rps while his complete AUG was getting 270fps and 11rps.

Then we went through every combination on the face of the planet of hop up units, inner barrels, hop up rubbers, outer barrels and upper recievers between the 2 AUGS and also tried the teflon tape technique.We were nearly at the Venn diagram, excel chart stage.

We got varying fps from 150-300 with teflon tape dropping the fps to a low of 30fps. Having never taken a screw from an AEG before I now know every part of the AUG.

Eventually we took out the two screws holding the hop up unit in place and had my gun back to complete stock apart from the new gears. It seemed to do the trick. The gun now fires 312-315 fps and 310 on full auto.

We then tried the same method on the AUGA2 but it only made the fps worse. My brother bought it second hand and it has a nylon gearbox so we imagine it has been 2nd hand quite a few times.

Advertisement