Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to Leeds-info needed

• 07-05-2014 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

We are moving to leeds next month after school ends. My husbands work place would be 5-10 mins walk from city centre. Can anyone recommend schools. My daughter will go to senior infants next year, what area to live in etc. My husband is open to cycling for abt 8 kms and or train journey of about 30 hrs. what are good residential areas to live.
    Ready to spend upto 900-1000 pounds max on rent.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

Roundhay is lovely. North East of the city, about 3-4 miles from city centre. nice area, loads of green space. affluent area. no scumbags. Easy access to A1M and M1, don't know much about the schools

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

Roundhay is lovely. North East of the city, about 3-4 miles from city centre. nice area, loads of green space. affluent area. no scumbags. Easy access to A1M and M1, don't know much about the schools

That is where we are looking to live. As we are having a kid, we got to know that Roundhay and around areas are very child friendly and also there are enough amount of schools and they are good.

But looking on the renting market, looks like more properties are available unfurnished there.If getting a furnished one is it a norm to bargain the rent or it is what is said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Horsforth or Chapel Allerton I'd recommend having lived in Leeds for years and still a frequent visitor.

Advertisement