Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby - Spoilers inside

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hey guys,

Curious question; how easy is it to do a full living Pokedex nowadays with a copy of X and Ruby? Would imagine there's a LOT I'd need to trade for, and probably a few legendaries that would be pretty hard to get, and I'd probably bore of it pretty quick, but curious :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's certainly doable. The GTS is very helpful for getting some stuff that'd be version exclusive, I think the main issues would be getting things like Victini and Keldeo which were Gen V events, and haven't been released as Gen VI ones.

I think I've got Victini but not the other guy.

Found a spreadsheet for the Living Pokedex, so it'll keep me amused for a while anyway :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭beaner09

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Curious question; how easy is it to do a full living Pokedex nowadays with a copy of X and Ruby? Would imagine there's a LOT I'd need to trade for, and probably a few legendaries that would be pretty hard to get, and I'd probably bore of it pretty quick, but curious :)

Was fairly easy for me to do it with X (and a few Pokés from Platinum and Black), so with OR/AS too it's very doable! Although it can be time consuming.

I avoided the boredom side of it by doing the GTS trading in between gyms, dragged out the story and helped with the Dex! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It's easy to do if you're willing to hack the game. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Completed the dex tonight, so I now have the lucky charm :D Soft resetting for a shiny Kyurem now, after that I might attempt to breed a shiny Deino.

Angron wrote: »
    Completed the dex tonight, so I now have the lucky charm :D Soft resetting for a shiny Kyurem now, after that I might attempt to breed a shiny Deino.

Shiny Charm was so random for me, at one point I got 2 shiny Tropius in the space of 15 eggs, then went like 1,000 with nothing!

Worked great with hordes though, unfortunately it was usually in the horde I wasn't using for EV training!

It was late, so I quit on the SRing after 115 tries, gonna go back later after I do some battles in the Maison to earn some BP. There's a few shinies I'd really like, Hydreigon would be near the top of that list, as well as Onix (for shiny Steelix), Cyndaquil (cause I have the two other Johto starters in shiny), and Houndour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Angron wrote: »
    It was late, so I quit on the SRing after 115 tries, gonna go back later after I do some battles in the Maison to earn some BP. There's a few shinies I'd really like, Hydreigon would be near the top of that list, as well as Onix (for shiny Steelix), Cyndaquil (cause I have the two other Johto starters in shiny), and Houndour.

Black and white 2 gives you a shiny dragonite egg amd i think the other version gives you the hydregion shiny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Black and white 2 gives you a shiny dragonite egg amd i think the other version gives you the hydregion shiny

I have a shiny event hydreigon from my jap black cart you're welcome to
    (I have cloned the crap out of it but its legit, from a WiFi wondercard. I think.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

You get a Shiny Dratini in White 2 or a Shiny Gible in Black 2 for defeating the Black City/White Forest. There was also a Shiny Haxorus for completing the Pokedex. I think a Shiny Hydreigon was given away once as part of a Japanese movie event.

Banjo wrote: »
    I have a shiny event hydreigon from my jap black cart you're welcome to
    (I have cloned the crap out of it but its legit, from a WiFi wondercard. I think.)
    Nah, but thanks. I'm hoping to get my own to make it a bit more special to me :P

Those B2/W2 shinies were very disappointing, cause they evolve into something with either awful colour (Dragonite), or a barely noticeable difference (Garchomp).

Just a heads-up, Samurott is now available through Mystery Gift with the code POKEMON503.

In Japan, there's an Arceus event from the 7th of March - which (I think) leaves Mew, Shaymin, Meloetta and Manaphy as the only Pokémon left that can't have the blue pentagon (legally).

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sharmander

beaner09 wrote: »
    In Japan, there's an Arceus event from the 7th of March - which (I think) leaves Mew, Shaymin, Meloetta and Manaphy as the only Pokémon left that can't have the blue pentagon (legally).

Now to see if they have a similar event here, and of course to see if they actually include Ireland...

sharmander wrote: »
    Now to see if they have a similar event here, and of course to see if they actually include Ireland...

All but nailed on not for here, and small chance for the rest of the world... as usual :( I can clone the Japanese ones for people when they come out though!

There was also a Shiny Rayquaza event in Japan (can't remember if it was mentioned), only legit way to get a shiny Gen 6 Rayquaza!

Also a reminder to everyone, Sheer Force Feraligatr from Bank on Friday!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Excluding legendaries, what goes good on the GTS these days? All my XY reliables are seemingly ignored. Even for low Pokémon like Caterpie.

Sinnoh Pokémon I'm guessing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I was able to rake in any non-legend I wanted with Ekans for some reason. The longest I waited was around 25 minutes for the trade to get picked up.

HA Gen 2 starters are available from Bank now, although they aren't in cherish balls and don't have a special OT - so they aren't special themselves, just means the HA's are now legal!

Dunno if many of you would use it, but there's a game on the Pokémon Global Link where you can get a couple of rare berries like the Rowap and Jacoba berries. Spent fecking ages getting the Rowap, but now I'm working on planting fields of rare berries for my WTs :D

• Advertisement

Where the freaking hell do you get the Destiny Knot? Everything seems to say different. Does anyone know for sure?

Easiest spot, to be honest, is Lumiose City in XY. I think the only spot in ORAS is from a couple in Sea Mauville who aren't guaranteed to give one out.

First ever legit shiney meeting. Not chaining anything. Just out and about and run into one.

It was a Zigazoon :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    First ever legit shiney meeting. Not chaining anything. Just out and about and run into one.

It was a Zigazoon :(

Mine was Caterpie back in Gold. Didn't know what the fcuk it was :pac:

Not including the Gyarados, mine was a Sandshrew back in Gold. One of my old housemates was telling me her first was Gligar. It was also the first one she saw, so she thought the second one that was a different colour was the actual shiny :pac:

I think my only wild encounter with a shiny was a Zubat in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (I'm not sure which one).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I forget my first wild encounter but it was before i knew what shiney was. I killed its ass good! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Havnt seen one or caught one in game yet :(

I have bad pokemon luck :D

The first shiny I saw wasn't until X, and it was a Poliwhirl which I kncoked it out because it used Belly Drum before my attack, so my weakening move accidently knocked it out!

I got 2 more Poliwhirls within 30 minutes after though so all good! ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got my first ever wild shiny encounter tonight through chain fishing. Only took 15 or so years.....

3DB97F9C-0E77-4974-8D21-CA75E079C129_zpspnurdyiv.jpg

Advertisement