Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Aston Villa 19:45

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

niallo27 wrote: »
    I think your reading too much into it. I just found it odd they sang more about Gerrard than any of their own players. What's that got to do with someone doing a gif in here.

It is the same thing. Gerrards slip more than likely gave them the title as I said we be doing the same I am not reading into it you are in fairness. Anyway I am out. Again well done city

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• niallo27 wrote: »
    Arsenal and utd fans joining forces. This can't be good for the forum.
    An agreement about a player is now..'Joining Forces'

That's just awful....

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

darced wrote: »

So true. What happens if liverpool find out how to defend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Yaya toure is some beast. Fufking wenger passing up on him!

Wenger didn't pass up on him, he couldn't get a work permit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Raf32 wrote: »
    Yup very hard to dislike them. Play proper football and a really likable manager.

Couldn't disagree more, very easy to dislike them, think of Joe Hart, it usually starts from there if the fact that they are Man City doesnt work on its own

They have some cracking players, some guys I really admire like Kompany, Zabaleta and Yaya, Aguero too in fact, the manager is a decent guy by all accounts, always carried himself well, got ****ed over by Madrid, but at the end of the day. They are still Man city

If the footballing reasons dont do it for ya think of where the money comes from or something, I dunno, not very hard to dislike them at all tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Wenger didn't pass up on him, he couldn't get a work permit.

My bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

efb wrote: »
    https://vine.co/v/M6FA9vXOXKg

Manchester is so inbred

Seen worse somewhere..

http://abload.de/img/cfdsfdsgfhfdburlz.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Well done tonight city. The best team always win the league. Back to normal id say next year city chelsea utd and arsenal . The big 4 will be restored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

So true. What happens if liverpool find out how to defend.

They'll score far less goals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

bmcc10 wrote: »

The Hills Have Eyes :pac:

bad2dabone wrote: »
    My bad

We had Diaby anyway

gosplan wrote: »
    They'll score far less goals.

I don't agree. A lot of goals have come from poor decision making and basic errors not because it's just all out attack football.

I don't agree. A lot of goals have come from poor decision making and basic errors not because it's just all out attack football.

There's attacking football and defending football.

If you hope to successfully marry the two at the top level, then you need a squad like City's or Real's.

I have no problem with the way Liverpool play and this isn't having a go at them but if you want to shore up the defence then it'll be hard with so many players focused on going forward.

Take it from an Arsenal fan, everyone knows how to defend but when your back line is constantly exposed then every little mistake counts hugely. It's about cover and numbers.

gosplan wrote: »
    There's attacking football and defending football.

If you hope to successfully marry the two at the top level, then you need a squad like City's or Real's.

I have no problem with the way Liverpool play and this isn't having a go at them but if you want to shore up the defence then it'll be hard with so many players focused on going forward.

I know there always going be more goals conceded than the rest of the top sides but the back 4 has been so poor this year it's a minor miracle liverpool are 2nd. I can't see the defense being as poor next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

bmcc10 wrote: »

Northerners...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Well done tonight city. The best team always win the league. Back to normal id say next year city chelsea utd and arsenal . The big 4 will be restored.

Hee hee!!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It is the same thing. Gerrards slip more than likely gave them the title as I said we be doing the same I am not reading into it you are in fairness. Anyway I am out. Again well done city

+1 got a good chuckle out of the gif of Kompany (supposedly) "kicking" away the Premier league so what goes around comes around, no need to to take it all so seriously.

Well done to City tonight, we did almost everything right since January up to this week but it looks like come Sunday we will fall just short.

• Advertisement

I dont see it,United would need to have an unbelievable turnaround to get anywhere near champions league next year,Arsenal are a bit behind Liverpool as well.

No liverpool had huge advantages this year. Freshness. Hunger. Loads of time to prepare for games. The had i think i heard 16 games less than chelsea. Thats massive. If suarez goes to a top club like madrid . It will be a struggle next yr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Who got MOTM ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Arsenal and utd fans joining forces. This can't be good for the forum.
    Arsenal fans licking the hole off utd fans. How far you lot have fallen.
    What are the city fans at. So many players to sing about who are going win them a title and they sing about Gerrard. Fair pathetic.
    I think your reading too much into it. I just found it odd they sang more about Gerrard than any of their own players. What's that got to do with someone doing a gif in here.

What has any of the above crap got to do with the match in fairness, painful reading over the thread. Even the same stupid point repeated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Fenix wrote: »
    Who got MOTM ?

Zabaleta. Weimann was robbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Fenix wrote: »
    Who got MOTM ?

Zabaleta

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    What has any of the above crap got to do with the match in fairness, painful reading over the thread. Even the same stupid point repeated.

The city fans were singing at the match in the thread. That sound you heard was from the same match.

Yeah Chelsea and City might be too good next year but to suggest United could get top four with any large part of their current setup is madness,maybe they will blow 200m on players but that could work out worse with the wrong man in charge.

United will have to sit out the champs league for a few seasons yet I'd say.

The squad won a league and woefully underperformed 4- 5 new additions. Bags of time on the training field under prob van gal. Its not even slightly over the top to suggest getting back in the top 4 next yr. Id worry for the liverpool squad. They need 5-6 top signings and luck to compete in the league. Cups. Champions league etc next yr.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Yeah Chelsea and City might be too good next year but to suggest United could get top four with any large part of their current setup is madness,maybe they will blow 200m on players but that could work out worse with the wrong man in charge.

United will have to sit out the champs league for a few seasons yet I'd say.

And if Arsenal win the FA Cup they'll have had a more successful season than Liverpool yet you think there stronger lol

This was Liverpools year

The squad won a league and woefully underperformed 4- 5 new additions. Bags of time on the training field under prob van gal. Its not even slightly over the top to suggest getting back in the top 4 next yr. Id worry for the liverpool squad. They need 5-6 top signings and luck to compete in the league. Cups. Champions league etc next yr.

Only 6 extra games

Only 6 extra games

6 minimum. Plus i said compete in cups. So prob 10-12 extra games. Suarez to madrid.this was the year .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Only 6 extra games

Really? I find that odd

Even though they played 12 games in the CL this season? How did the cup runs work out then? Liverpool played 6 more games domestically or what?

Edit: Ignore, hadn't read the thing properly!

6 minimum. Plus i said compete in cups. So prob 10-12 extra games. Suarez to madrid.this was the year .

Well if the squad isn't there the first time won't be risked for the cups. An extra 8-10 games is what they want. The likes of Suarez Henderson Gerrard could play 60 games a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Maybe you are right but I wouldn't trust many United players that squad this year,as I said unless they splash out on 6 top quality starters or Suarez leaves for Madrid there is little chance United will finish near Liverpool,Chelsea or City.

You wouldn't have trusted many players in that Livepool squad last year

Well if the squad isn't there the first time won't be risked for the cups. An extra 8-10 games is what they want. The likes of Suarez Henderson Gerrard could play 60 games a season.

Not after a wc too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Well done City. Can't argue with the table as it stands. West Ham season is over and City just need the point to win it on GD.

Liverpool will challenge again next year with smart signings to help with extra Champions League games.

Chelsea sign a striker and a defender and I'd expect them to be favorites.

Arsenal will be Arsenal.

United will back whoever comes in, spend a **** load of money and take time to gel before they benefit from no Champions League games in the second half of the season. Expect them to challenge for top 4 along with Everton and Spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

RasTa wrote: »
    I think what youve found is that some fans are really just precious, can dole it out, just cant take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Phoenix wrote: »
    Congrats to city deserved champions
    Lets not get ahead of ourselfs, big Andy could give city problems

• Advertisement
Advertisement