Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Conditioning

Options
  • 07-05-2014 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have this issue at work where it's either too hot or too cold. Today the room is pretty hot, so the air conditioning is triggered, unfortunately this blows cold air straight down on top of me. This causes soreness of my eyes, headaches and worst of all, chest infections.

I am sick and tired of telling these people who look after the building, that it's not working. They normally reply with some generic crap, that the "engineers" have come out to test it and it's working fine.

Is there anything else I should do? I requested a desk move (I rather not move as the people around me are great).

Is there an external party I could escalate this to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Unfortunately most open plan offices are the same. It's impossible to please everyone with temperatures and if you are stuck under a vent then you are going to get cold air blown on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Today the room is pretty hot, so the air conditioning is triggered, unfortunately this blows cold air straight down on top of me.
    I am sick and tired of telling these people who look after the building, that it's not working. They normally reply with some generic crap, that the "engineers" have come out to test it and it's working fine.

It sounds like it is actually working fine, and that the real problem is that you have to sit underneath it, which is understandably causing issues. Have you tried being that specific with them? If you are just telling them that its not working then all they can do is test that it turns on and functions correctly.

The building people may be able to move the air conditioner, or they may be able to direct the air flow differently. But if not, unfortunately you'll probably have to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Hey all,

I have this issue at work where it's either too hot or too cold. Today the room is pretty hot, so the air conditioning is triggered, unfortunately this blows cold air straight down on top of me. This causes soreness of my eyes, headaches and worst of all, chest infections.

Is there anything else I should do? I requested a desk move (I rather not move as the people around me are great).

Is there an external party I could escalate this to?

OP, I empathise. sitting under the a/c vent is not the place to be.

However, the a/c is needed to regulate temperature for the office. Sometimes, the a/c vent has a 'baffle' (?) to direct air at an angle instead of straight down (like you can do with car air-vents).

if this doesn't work you'll need to consider moving - not ideal - but it is a solution.....

Advertisement