Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD accommodation 2014

Options
  • 07-05-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I'm looking to book UCD campus for my 1st year tomorrow
    I don't know whether to choose merville or belgrove? They're the same price but is there any difference?
    Oh and can anyone tell me an estimate of what time they'll open at in the morning?

Please do the poll to tell me which you'd recommend belgrove or merville

Thanks x

Which would you recommend staying in 2 votes

Belgrove
    0%
    Merville
    100%
    TimeToShineGott 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

BlueCat01 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm looking to book UCD campus for my 1st year tomorrow
    I don't know whether to choose merville or belgrove? They're the same price but is there any difference?
    Oh and can anyone tell me an estimate of what time they'll open at in the morning?

Please do the poll to tell me which you'd recommend belgrove or merville

Thanks x

As far as I'm aware all you'll be asked to do tomorrow is put your name on the list. You won't get an actual accommodation offer until you get a CAO offer from UCD. It was open at around 8am when I was in 6th year a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Gott

Merville
    Depends on what you want. Belgrove has a bit of a reputation for being a party habitat so if you don't mind putting up with the noise you'll meet lots of people.
    If you prefer your piece and quiet Merville is probably a better choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Fergus_Nash

Yeah what malistheman said, you only put your name on the list tomorrow. And it should tell you what time it opens at too.

I was in Belgrove in 1st year and it was grand, wasn't as crazy as people make it out to be (I didn't go out at all).

Belgrove is closer to the centre of campus and so it's quicker to get most places but Merville is closer to Centra, which is very important. Less security in Belgrove too. I don't know what Merville houses are like but I'd say it's all 6 of one, half a dozen of another to be honest.

What are you looking for in accommodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 James12321

Applied and I'm like 3,400 on waiting list, does anyone know if you get preference if you don't live in the ROI?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omicron

James12321 wrote: »
    Applied and I'm like 3,400 on waiting list, does anyone know if you get preference if you don't live in the ROI?

No it's first come first served. They may help you find digs or something if you're stuck come September though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement