Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of this voice?

• 07-05-2014 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. I'm making a spanish lesson thingie online for people and I'm trying to find a spanish voice over person and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on this voice from people learning spanish.

http://d3v9w2rcr4yc0o.cloudfront.net/uploads/stream/2014/05/534433/07120639/custom_demo_Manuel.wav

I think it's pretty clear and professional sounding and was wondering would you be happy learning Spanish listening to this voice?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 perezjose

hello

i´m from spain and i think the voice is perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Hi Perezjose

I'm glad your first post was the answer to my question :)

Thank you for your feedback.

What do you think about the fact there are many Spanish accents out there? Maybe some American people would prefer to learn with someone with a more Mexican Spanish accent? Really I want to get one voice that would be suitable for a world wide audience, as much as possible. Because recording lots of voices becomes costly and also technically challenging to say which voice does which person hear.

Do you think this Spanish voice is okay for an international learning community?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 perezjose

There are lots of spanish accents, even in spain. Maybe the accent of Andalucia is the hardest one.

Speaking about America, Im not sure but i think american people speak mexican because there are a lot of mexican people living in usa and they are getting use to speaking it. i couldnt tell you what accent is more common it depends on what is your target. In Europe the accent from spain is more common.

the voice is perfect for learning because is neutral and very well pronounced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Sounds nice and clear, i am studying Spanish (Castellano) and that voice is easy to listen too... some recordings i have heard are shockingly bad, or in some instances the recording quality is crap, it can put you off listening sometimes, but the one you posted sounds good!!

H

Advertisement