Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday's collections

Options
  • 07-05-2014 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Would tomorrow's refuse collections take recycling too? (There were days that two separate trucks were coming one after another). I'm with greenstar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bennetts

Not in Charlesland Wood - it's next week. There is a schedule on their website and you can also have text alerts sent from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

M_C_L wrote: »
    Would tomorrow's refuse collections take recycling too? (There were days that two separate trucks were coming one after another). I'm with greenstar.

They send two trucks so not to mix the material in each bin. Recyclable/waste. If you give greenstar your mobile number to put on your account they text you every week a reminder as to what bins are that week.

M_C_L wrote: »

They send two trucks so not to mix the material in each bin. Recyclable/waste. If you give greenstar your mobile number to put on your account they text you every week a reminder as to what bins are that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Johnny K wrote: »

Do they still mix waste with recycleable materials
    at the depot for single shipment?
    If I recall correctly the justification was to educate householders etc. while the companies were preparing for separate processing facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

I've just joined greenstar, I know it's Thursday for Charlesland, if I have it correct, domestic is every week and recycling is every 2 weeks.

I think recycling has a bit more than just educating people mate, I remember watching a program where a conveyer belt of recycled materials has to be sieved through for any foreign objects, rotten job.

• Advertisement

Cerco wrote: »
    Do they still mix waste with recycleable materials
    at the depot for single shipment?
    If I recall correctly the justification was to educate householders etc. while the companies were preparing for separate processing facilities.

They do not mix the material back together. Charlesland green bin material for greenstar ends up in their depot in fassaroe where the mixed recyclables are sorted into their component material. Ie paper, plastic metal glass etc.

Advertisement