Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Amalur is well worth it, very underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Cravez wrote: »
    Many of the valve games are allowable to have a duplicate steam gift key if you already have the games on your account. Outside of the valve games Steam doesn't allow the duplicate keys. So if you already have Half Life 2, Left 4 Dead etc, if you buy a pack that already has these games you should get additional keys in your inventory.

Only if you buy specific packs and some combinations. E.g. if you have L4D and get a left 4 dead pack, you get an extra L4D. But you won't get an extra L4D2 if you own that one and get valve complete. I think the only ones you get spares of with the complete is HL2 and Ep1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Dragon Age Origins free on Origin for a limited time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Shadow of Mordor for €27.00 and Shadow of Mordor Premium for €38.00 at Gamers-Outlet.

I've just bought Shadow of Mordor, code came in about 20 minutes and it's downloading on Steam right now. Bought from them a good few times and no problems at all. Well worth it for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good value for Borderlands Pre Sequel too...

http://www.gamers-outlet.net/steam/buy-borderlands-the-pre-sequel-steam-global-multi-lang-cd-key.html (€32.40, compared to €50 on Steam)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Payday: The Heist goes free for one day in October

Reminder

http://www.pcgamer.com/payday-the-heist-goes-free-for-one-day-in-october/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Tombraider is 4euro on steam atm

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

abbir wrote: »

€28, nice. Guaranteed to be in English?

Mr E wrote: »

Don't see any reason that it wouldn't be. I've bought games off them before, never had an issue (Shadow of Mordor was the last one I got). If the game is region locked, they don't let you buy it in Ireland.

Nuuvem are very reputable and get the games directly from the publishers. They're not a dodgy key reselling site that buys retail copies and takes pictures of the key.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is any of the DLC for that any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Overpriced and small - not worth it. But the stock game is surprisingly great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Damnit, I promised myself I wouldn't but any more games this month!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Alien vs Predator free, on GOG, link: http://www.gog.com/galaxy

• Registered Users Posts: 42 fourtwozero

Mr E wrote: »

I got Mordor and its in English. I tried to buy Civ Beyond Earth and it wont add to my basket because of the region lock. The prices on the keysites aren't great either unless you want to go through a VPN...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I got Mordor and its in English. I tried to buy Civ Beyond Earth and it wont add to my basket because of the region lock. The prices on the keysites aren't great either unless you want to go through a VPN...

I find g2a pretty good tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Pretty sure Tomb of the Lost Adventurer is the only single player DLC available too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Use Hola to bypass Nuuvem's lock. The game itself isn't region locked. You will also probably need a Brazilian address on your account. I use a hotel in Sao Paolo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,067 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I bought from nuuvem with no need for fake addresses or anything like that.

Though think that was last year

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I bought from nuuvem with no need for fake addresses or anything like that.

Though think that was last year

Set up an account for my brother a few weeks back, wouldn't let me complete the purchase unless I had an address attached. I buy from them pretty regularly as they're a legit retailer as against key-seller sites.

• Advertisement

Set up an account for my brother a few weeks back, wouldn't let me complete the purchase unless I had an address attached. I buy from them pretty regularly as they're a legit retailer as against key-seller sites.

I never have needed a fake address with them, I use my Irish address. Pay through Paypal. They don't allow me to buy some region locked games, but I can buy some (like Mordor).

abbir wrote: »
    I never have needed a fake address with them, I use my Irish address. Pay through Paypal. They don't allow me to buy some region locked games, but I can buy some (like Mordor).

Which is an issue you wouldn't have if you had a Brazilian address attached to the account (and were using Hola). MGR: Revengeance for instance is Steam region-locked to the Americas only but I'm still able to buy it if I want.

Anyway this is getting off-topic, fourtwozero mentioned he couldn't buy Civ: Beyond Earth because of Nuuvem's region lock and I explained how to get passed it. I know this works because I bought my copy of Civ:BE from Nuuvem and it's sitting in my account waiting for release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Which is an issue you wouldn't have if you had a Brazilian address attached to the account (and were using Hola). MGR: Revengeance for instance is Steam region-locked to the Americas only but I'm still able to buy it if I want.

why would you risk your steam account though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Free Payday: The Heist on steam, just open the game on Steam and click install and its yours forever, valid for the next 12-16 hours or so

sweetie wrote: »
    why would you risk your steam account though?

I should have been clearer.

Some games on Nuuvem are region locked by Nuuvem themselves and only purchasable if they think you're ordering from within Brazil but are region-free for Steam (Civ:BE for example). You can bypass this restriction by using Hola and a Brazilian address and there is no risk to your Steam account.

Others are both region locked on Nuuvem and Steam (Revengeance being the example I used earlier). You can buy these using the above method but as you point out you risk your Steam account in doing so. Games like this have a red warning on the game's page.

I've never bothered buying any of the latter because of the obvious risk and hassle. I have however bought multiple examples of the former with no issue and Nuuvem is far safer to buy from than key-resellers and easier provided you take a few simple steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Unity of Command Trilogy Bundle is only €5.60 on Gamersgate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

There is a free weekend on Steam starting today for anyone interested - http://store.steampowered.com/sale/free_weekend_weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 29,067 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Today's horror games deal on gamefly includes Wolfenstein The New Order for £17.49. Cheapest I've seen it outside of unfamiliar key sites
    http://digital.gamefly.co.uk/#!/promotion/208

Still wonder if should wait for Steam Sale since won't be playing right away anyway. These are the dilemmas we must face if we're to play on PC.

Speaking of, is there a Halloween sale next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Today's horror games deal on gamefly includes Wolfenstein The New Order for £17.49. Cheapest I've seen it outside of unfamiliar key sites
    http://digital.gamefly.co.uk/#!/promotion/208

Still wonder if should wait for Steam Sale since won't be playing right away anyway. These are the dilemmas we must face if we're to play on PC.

Speaking of, is there a Halloween sale next week?

God I hope not, funds are slack enough as it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

9bred4 wrote: »
    God I hope not, funds are slack enough as it is!

My first sale YESSSS

Advertisement