Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Argos are selling Titanfall 2 for €24.99 (digital download)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5985821.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Argos are selling Titanfall 2 for €24.99 (digital download)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5985821.htm

I think its as cheap on CDkeys at the moment as well.

Life is Strange Complete is on the Square Enix store for €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Not being able the use the vouches until midway through January is pretty bad.

The 50% off Hitman voucher is working, just bought the rest of the game for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Bit of stupid question.. I only buy games on Steam so it's not an issue for me...

But I'm in charge of buying someone's PC games for their new gaming PC for Christmas...Loving the prices on CDKEYS at the moment but how does this work, will they show up in steam of I buy them from CDKEYS? How does it work exactly...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

You buy the key, they send you the key in an email, you activate that key on Steam.
    It's normally an image of a physical key so I get the feeling they can offer low prices due to exchange rates but the keys they provide are always international keys, not region locked.
    I've bought a few off them over the years and never had any trouble.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,234 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bit of stupid question.. I only buy games on Steam so it's not an issue for me...

But I'm in charge of buying someone's PC games for their new gaming PC for Christmas...Loving the prices on CDKEYS at the moment but how does this work, will they show up in steam of I buy them from CDKEYS? How does it work exactly...

CDKeys will e-mail you a code which you redeem on Steam (or Origin or wherever).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

https://www.greenmangaming.com

has a decent winter sale, might be worth comparing to steam's later on this evening to nab yourselves a bargain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

has a decent winter sale, might be worth comparing to steam's later on this evening to nab yourselves a bargain :)

Personally I wouldn't buy anything from them as they have a pretty dodgy history of selling grey market keys. Reddit banned them from advertising in their gamedeals forum. There is a big write up here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ElNino wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't buy anything from them as they have a pretty dodgy history of selling grey market keys. Reddit banned them from advertising in their gamedeals forum. There is a big write up here.

Am I the only one who doesn't care if a key is a grey market key? As long as the key is not stolen or bought with a stolen card or whatever, what's the big deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone seen any good deals for Tyranny?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Anyone seen any good deals for Tyranny?

Steam sale starting in 12 minutes. I'd imagine tyranny will be discounted.

Well worth full price - on my second playthrough now so any discount should be well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Am I the only one who doesn't care if a key is a grey market key? As long as the key is not stolen or bought with a stolen card or whatever, what's the big deal?

Well a key is just numbers. What you really purchase is a licence to use the content.

If you buy a grey market key the seller doesnt have authorization to license you to use the content and thus you're in breach of copyright. It will still work on steam, but its still piracy. Legally its the same as you booting up your favourite torrent client and snatching that way.

Morally its ambiguous but if you're going to bother to pay for it you may as well be on the correct side of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Christ didn't even realise the Steam sale was coming up. A sure sign of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I usually go with one of their mystery bundles for the laugh. I bought a 5 game mystery bundle for 3.99 and got Alien: Isolation in it! :D

The rest was garbage. As for the legitimacy of their keys, I believe GMG is now one of the better retailers out there. A whole lot better than G2Play, Cdkeys.com, etc. They now provide details as to where their keys come from to reassure customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Sorry

The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

Grid free on humble bundle !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Question... can I sell on the keys I have no use for in the Square Enix Christmas bundle (if I don't go the refund route), or are they tied to my account?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

mrcheez wrote: »
    Question... can I sell on the keys I have no use for in the Square Enix Christmas bundle (if I don't go the refund route), or are they tied to my account?

You can sell them as long as they are not redeemed.

Most people around here give them away in the Steamgifts thread, basically its a website that raffles your games to a private group.

Huge thread just below this one.

Think we at about €20k games given away.

Cool, so essentially a key swap thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Not a straight swap but nice to get keys you're interested in while giving a bit away.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

There is also a swap thead here somewhere.

lol think the mods have every option covered here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

xtal191 wrote: »

Gone up to £12 now and they have run out of keys apparently. I would love to buy but I will hold off for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

An old one but a good one :)

The X-Wing and Tie Fighter games are currently down to €4.69 each (50% off) on GOG. They're cheaper again if bundled with certain other titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Batman Arkham Knight €3.69 and a further 10% off with CDKEYSXMAS10

Stanley Parable for €2.39

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221910/

Played it there again for an hour and forgot how good it was

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Argos

Total War:Warhammer + Steam code €32.99
    Titanfall2 Origin code €24.99

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Mortal Kombat X steam key is €3 on cdkeys with the facebook discount code.

Advertisement