Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Vojera wrote: »
    I noticed that Undertale is on sale in the Steam store at the moment. What are the chances of it being added to the second tier next week?

Who knows but if you buy it now you can do a refund on it for up to 14 days as long as you haven't played it for more than 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Vojera wrote: »
    I noticed that Undertale is on sale in the Steam store at the moment. What are the chances of it being added to the second tier next week?

I would highly doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Mr E wrote: »
    Best Humble Bundle in months, in my opinion. The "Overwhelmingly Positive" bundle is full of games that have the highest user ratings on Steam. This one is a no-brainer, guys...

https://www.humblebundle.com/overwhelmingly-positive-bundle

It seems like the "absolute worst and cheapest games we can find that somehow have the overwhelmingly positive rating" bundle to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Best Humble Bundle in months, in my opinion. The "Overwhelmingly Positive" bundle is full of games that have the highest user ratings on Steam. This one is a no-brainer, guys...

https://www.humblebundle.com/overwhelmingly-positive-bundle

Looks kind of muck to me actually. No where near the best humble bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Tinie wrote: »
    Looks kind of muck to me actually. No where near the best humble bundle.

only 2 games in the entire list that I've heard of. Very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,378 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Pony Island is probably the most 'famous', and even that I thought was a load of pseudo-intelligent muck. I really don't know why people thought it was so mind-bending and meta or whatever it was they described it as.

Deadbolt looks interesting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,752 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Best Humble Bundle in months, in my opinion. The "Overwhelmingly Positive" bundle

Are you being a little overwhelmingly positive about this bundle? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Maybe. Shantae, N++ and Deadbolt were on my wishlist. DOTT is a classic and will always be a classic.
    Pony Island sounds like a game I'd really like. I hadn't heard of the others.

Not much I can do if some of you haven't heard of these games. Maybe look beyond the CODs, Witchers and Battlefields and broaden your horizons? :pac::p

Mr E's recommendation in addition to the meltdowns on Reddit and HUKD was enough for me! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

I think I need a couple of E's from Mr e to enjoy those shítty looking games in that bundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Maybe. Shantae, N++ and Deadbolt were on my wishlist. DOTT is a classic and will always be a classic.
    Pony Island sounds like a game I'd really like. I hadn't heard of the others.

Not much I can do if some of you haven't heard of these games. Maybe look beyond the CODs, Witchers and Battlefields and broaden your horizons? :pac::p

DOTT hasn't aged well in my opinion, the day of point and click is long in the past. N++ was a free game 10 years ago and the rest look meh.

Nothing I can do if I don't care about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

DOTT is a HD remaster and is as funny now as it was in 1993 (IMHO etc.) - it has fully updated controls, it's full screen (no inventory/command menu taking up half the screen) and the graphics look great.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388210/

N++ is a new version of the game that came out last August. 2000+ levels so it has a massive amount of content.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230270/

Played through a bit of DOTT, but didn't think much of it. I don't get why people get so excited about re releases of games they already own and have finished.

Nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Mac B

May have been mentioned already Dirt Showdown is free on Humble Store. I've no idea if it's a good game or not.

It's ok, just turn off the announcer. He's the cringiest dickhead of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I played a little bit of Showdown when it came out, think Ill give it another go. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

New Humble Bundle: Best of 2016 Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/best-of-2016-bundle

Tier 1
    Evoland II
    Else Heart.Break
    Victor Vran

Tier 2 (€3.24 currently)
    Rust
    Shadow Run: Hong Kong
    Stronghold 2 : Crusader

Tier 3 (€9.36 currently)
    Homeworld Remastered Collection

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Getting tier 2 for shadowrun. Is homeworld worth the extra 6 euro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Homeworld is one of the best RTS games of all time and this is the new remastered version, even just play it for the story alone

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

EoinHef wrote: »
    New Humble Bundle: Best of 2016 Bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/best-of-2016-bundle

Tier 1
    Evoland II
    Else Heart.Break
    Victor Vran

Tier 2 (€3.24 currently)
    Rust
    Shadow Run: Hong Kong
    Stronghold 2 : Crusader

Tier 3 (€9.36 currently)
    Homeworld Remastered Collection

Tier 1 alone is worth it. Victor Vran is a great game....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just got Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete for €4.69 with a GOG code that was sent to me. Not sure if it's sent to everyone, but that's a pretty nice deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

d31b0y wrote: »
    Is homeworld worth the extra 6 euro?

A great, great campaign and you get both games with greatly improved visuals and a few design improvements as well as the original versions packaged in (and made compatible with modern OS, not just the files tossed in). It would be great if they threw Homeworld: Cataclism in but it's still a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

A great, great campaign and you get both games with greatly improved visuals and a few design improvements as well as the original versions packaged in (and made compatible with modern OS, not just the files tossed in). It would be great if they threw Homeworld: Cataclism in but it's still a great deal.

Source for cata was lost so it couldn't be rereleased.

Shame DoK was a letdown for the franchise, new one might be more on the mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

A couple of discounts with the latest Argos catalogue. I assume they're Steam keys in the box.

Fallout 4 - €17
    DOOM - €18

yeah the version of FO4 with book and soundtrack on Amazon for £12 was a great deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Reaident Evil 7 is currently €28.49 on CD keys, I'm at work at the moment so can't post a link, but it's easily found on the website. Really enjoyed the demo, hope the full game lives up to it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Reaident Evil 7 is currently €28.49 on CD keys, I'm at work at the moment so can't post a link, but it's easily found on the website. Really enjoyed the demo, hope the full game lives up to it!

just after buying it for above price on a similar website. Loved the demo, can't wait to play the full game. Not buying the DLC till later when I know if it's worth getting or not.

Advertisement