Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

d31b0y wrote: »
    Just tried order this but got "unable to place order". The charge has gone through on my paypal account. First time I've ever had an issue with anything from cdkeys. Anyone have experience with their support? Time frames etc.?

First time trying cdkeys last night and i got this message too! :mad:

The charge has gone through my paypal as well. Do cdkeys send the code to your email account ? because I've checked and there's nothing in my in box yet.

:confused::confused:

Edit: Just raised the issue with them there. They refunded the money within 5 minutes!! Well impressed with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Just ordered mad Max from cdkeys and it went through without a hitch...game is currently downloading on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Are CDKeys a grey market? I thought they were their own distributer

CDKeys are grey market, that's why they are so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    CDKeys are grey market, that's why they are so cheap.

CDKeys buy multi-region keys in cheaper regions like Russia and Asia and resell them in Europe and the US where they are usually sold at much higher prices by the game developer. What they are doing is a a grey area but it is relatively safe and I have never had a problem with them.

Whereas sites like G2A are Ebay like marketplaces where you buy keys from private resellers. I wouldn't touch any of those sites with a 40 foot barge pole because the keys could be stolen or purchased with stolen credit cards and they could get revoked at a later stage, With G2A unless you pay extra for the G2A shield you have no comeback if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ElNino wrote: »
    CDKeys buy multi-region keys in cheaper regions like Russia and Asia and resell them in Europe and the US where they are usually sold at much higher prices by the game developer. What they are doing is a a grey area but it is relatively safe and I have never had a problem with them.

Whereas sites like G2A are Ebay like marketplaces where you buy keys from private resellers. I wouldn't touch any of those sites with a 40 foot barge pole because the keys could be stolen or purchased with stolen credit cards and they could get revoked at a later stage, With G2A unless you pay extra for the G2A shield you have no comeback if that happens.

I'm not giving my piece on it again, just stating that they are grey market, and using them is done on a buyer-beware basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

My favourite colour of games transactions "Grey" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Under €10, ay-okay,
    Over €10, back away, not today, disco laday....

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

laros wrote: »
    Just ordered mad Max from cdkeys and it went through without a hitch...game is currently downloading on steam.

My favourite game of last year. Looks amazing, gameplay is great. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got mad max in the Monthly a while back, never installed it.

I will one day tho

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,231 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

dreamers75 wrote: »

I will one day tho

To dream the impossible dream....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I finished Mad Max over the Xmas holidays. Great game but it does get a bit repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

great fun but I only did 2 of the 4 areas before heading to the end game

ElNino wrote: »
    I finished Mad Max over the Xmas holidays. Great game but it does get a bit repetitive.

A bit?? It's worth buying on the cheap but really repeats itself.
    The Batman Arkham series or Shadow of Mordor are better (even SoM is repetitive)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Skerries wrote: »
    great fun but I only did 2 of the 4 areas before heading to the end game
    Yeah I've said it before but it had the bones to be an epic 10/10 game. The graphics, game physics, the car etc were all great but it needed some variation, especially in the boss battles. It just felt rushed like they had to get it released before it was ready. There was a part where, due to the order I did some missions, there were two iterations of that woman you help in a safehouse. Opportunity missed by all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

$30

https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom

The bundle includes:

The Witness
    Stardew Valley
    Subnautica (Early Access)
    Day of the Tentacle Remastered
    Overgrowth (Early Access)
    Nuclear Throne
    Octodad: Deadliest Catch
    Invisible, Inc.
    Super Meat Boy
    World of Goo
    Mushroom 11
    No Time to Explain Remastered
    The Stanley Parable
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
    Super Hexagon
    VVVVVV
    Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition
    The Swapper
    Thirty Flights of Loving
    Spirits
    Human Resource Machine
    ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS
    2064: Read Only Memories
    A Virus Named TOM
    7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat
    Mini Metro
    Retro Game Crunch
    Tower of Guns
    Waking Mars
    Song of the Deep
    Monster Loves You!
    AI War: Fleet Command
    Sproggiwood
    Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore a Fedora
    Secrets of Raetikon
    Girls Like Robots
    Ellipsis Streamling (Early Access)
    Ninja Pizza Girl
    Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball
    There's a lot of really good stuff in there, and the audio/ebooks department is no slouch either:

Information Doesn't Want To Be Free
    Walkaway: Chapter One Preview
    R in a Nutshell, Second Edition
    The Boys Volume 1: The Name of the Game
    A Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff
    The Smart Girl's Guide to Privacy: Practical Tips for Staying Safe Online
    Any Empire

• Registered Users Posts: 55,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You beat me to it, insane value.

Trump morons are going bananas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Mr E wrote: »
    You beat me to it, insane value.

Trump morons are going bananas.

Superb bundle, had been meaning to get The Witness and Stardew Valley anyway. Fair play to the devs for contributing!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Are there any tools to check your steam inventory against a humble bundle for dupes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

After you buy and have your steam account linked it will show you what you already own. I'm not sure if there is a way to see before buying.

IyYU6dFl.png

I see some games are showing as sold out for the Freedom Bundle. Ran out of Steam keys for games such as Sub Nautica etc.

• Advertisement

....sold out...

...Steam keys...

wut

How does that happen?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

wut

How does that happen?

need a license for each key. limited number of licenses

Feck they just added 16 games to the Freedom bundle!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

must resist buying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Bah, Subnautica is "sold out" for new customers. That kind of thing annoys me.

Plus it was the only major game that I didn't already have, so it's probably tipped me against the bundle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

At this point the freedom bundle has so many Steam keys it triggers the Steam fraud protection measure for activating too many keys in too short a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY £5

there is also the base game for £3.75

Homefront: The Revolution €7.09

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Skerries wrote: »
    Dragon Age: Inquisition GOTY £5

there is also the base game for £3.75

Homefront: The Revolution €7.09

Got DA:I-GOTY from game over christmas for that price. Even refunded the deal i got from Origin for 13€ because they are a bunch of pr*cks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone getting the Freedom Bundle be sure to read The Boys graphic novel that comes with it, probably the best superhero series ever, theres nothing else like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

dreamers75 wrote: »

So, is this bundle worth it? So many games in there. Not interested in the comics or books.

Advertisement