Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Morpork wrote: »
    Well worth it at that price.
    Really want to get back into the game, but I want to do so with all the DLC.
    The DLC doesn't seem to go on sale though and that's what's stopping me.

But if you get the base game for €7 then the DLC isn't so bad. :)

I'm exactly the same. I want to throw myself back into the game and have been watching strategy vids, etc, but I really want the DLC first.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Inviere wrote: »
    I think there's a way to get Steam to run the 64bit version of the game, once you download the required files (won't link to the info as it contains the files, but it seems it can be done anyway)

Yep, I never played the series, so started it recently. Running 64Bit, and also increasing resolution to 2550x1440 was possible. Although I still can't get 160frames in it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Shougeki wrote: »
    Yep, I never played the series, so started it recently. Running 64Bit, and also increasing resolution to 2550x1440 was possible. Although I still can't get 160frames in it :P

If you haven't played Crysis 2 yet I'd recommend using some mods. If I remember correctly one of them makes it work for DX11 and punches up the graphics. It looked amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Battleborn + DLC €2.89

might get this to see how it compares to Overwatch

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Skerries wrote: »
    Battleborn + DLC €2.89

Different type of game really, BB is more like a MOBA with the emphasis on co-op/PvE. The few people I know who played it said it's pretty good anyway, can't go wrong for that price really.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

I've reaaly enjoyed it, snarky humour, cussing and all, definitely different from Overwatch. plus you can play alone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

Battleborn + DLC €2.89

It would be rude not to for less than 3euro.:)
    Cant be that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Battleborn is a great fun game, it would have done better only it released and looked very close to Overwatch, but a different type of game. For that price it's a steal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Battleborn is a great fun game, it would have done better only it released and looked very close to Overwatch, but a different type of game. For that price it's a steal!

I had access to overwatch when it was only for blizzard employees and I played beta of battleborn too. I liked battleborn way more. It had more of a game and I liked characters more. Moba style was a lot more fun, then team fortress setup in overwatch.

Honestly, overwatch and hearthstone are the games I have zero interest and I am saying this as a complete blizzard fanboy.

I might pick up battleborn myself too, when I get of the drug called factorio.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Battleborn + DLC €2.89

Up to €4.69 now....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Got Cities : Skylines for 6.99 two days ago after noticing the sale on here. Addicted already. Must have spend about 3 hours on it last night just trying to sort out the traffic congestion and best bus routes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Battleborn + DLC €2.89

Up to €4.69 now....
    Dealbreaker :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got it on release day, its very hard to find a multiplayer game nowadays with so few playing.
    For example right now I'm in a queue for 16 mins for a quickmatch game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

not a bargain for us unfortunately

HTC VIVE and RX 480 for $799

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Picked up Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain in Gamestop today.

Its not advertised on their site but it was €7.99.

Thats as cheap as ive seen it.

Forgive the stupid question but you get a Steam key as well yes?

Forgive the stupid question but you get a Steam key as well yes?

Steam Key on one of the inserts and weirdly also a disk. Used the key with no ptoblems. Downloading now. Will probably use the disk as a frisbee:)

EoinHef wrote: »
    Steam Key on one of the inserts and weirdly also a disk. Used the key with no ptoblems. Downloading now. Will probably use the disk as a frisbee:)

Wouldn't it be quicker to install from disc and activate on steam afterwards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

prob need 4 gazilion updates anyway :D

Not really,30mb/s dl from steam on a 240mb virgin line. Quicker than using the disc

The only thing on the disc is the installer for Steam

Picked it up this morning around noon. Thing is even though it was marked as €8 when I went to the counter they told me the price had gone up to €10!

Picked it up this morning around noon. Thing is even though it was marked as €8 when I went to the counter they told me the price had gone up to €10!

Just checked my recipet,they for sure only charged me the €7.99 marked on the box. All i asked was that it was new and not a traded in copy and they said yes. I wonder does the price automatically change when a few copies are bought

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Just Cause 3 + 3 mystery games for €11.99 in the Square Enix Spring Surprise Box. Available "till 5pm GMT 27/03/2017. Code distribution will occur on 28/03/2017"

No interested in JC3 personally, so I think I'll pass on this mystery box :)

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just checked my recipet,they for sure only charged me the €7.99 marked on the box. All i asked was that it was new and not a traded in copy and they said yes. I wonder does the price automatically change when a few copies are bought

Oh yeah I'm not blaming you....they told me the price went up as of this morning.

Oh yeah I'm not blaming you....they told me the price went up as of this morning.

Ah no i didnt think ye where,i just dont buy from there regularly so was just thinking out loud there really as to how it works. That must get really tiresome for staff as they would have to keep re labelling the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just Cause 3 + 3 mystery games for €11.99 in the Square Enix Spring Surprise Box. Available "till 5pm GMT 27/03/2017. Code distribution will occur on 28/03/2017"

No interested in JC3 personally, so I think I'll pass on this mystery box :)

Looks like the US box is different than the EU box this time
    $9.99 for 5 games worth over $80
    https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/441476/spring-surprise-box-2017-pc-download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I can't post links yet, but the Darksiders franchise pack is a tenner in the Humble Store.

Advertisement