Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

cursai wrote: »
    not what its worth though.

Oh right, so you're saying it's a really great game? Might give it a gander myself - buying a 1080p short throw monitor in a few months (short throw = you get 100 inches from 3.5ft and about 160 (11.7ft x 6.7ft) from 5ft away) so the lack of a HUD might work really well with headphones on as an immersive experience.

It's also why I'm stocking up during sales on (but trying to hold off on playing) the likes of SOMA, Outlast, and plenty of nappies. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Motorsport manager is half price https://www.humblebundle.com/store/motorsport-manager, not bad for a game you could put over 100 hours into

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Star Wars sale over on GOG atm;
    https://www.gog.com/promo/20170502_special_promo_star_wars

Certain games are 77% off until May the 4th, then they will be back to 75% off for the duration of the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Moon54 wrote: »

Certain games are 77% off until May the 4th, then they will be back to 75% off for the duration of the sale.

Picked up Dark Forces for $1.37! :)

My 486 DX used to struggle with it back in the day, hopefully fare better now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Moon54 wrote: »

Star Wars sale on Steam also this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good "Very Positive" Humble Bundle released last night. Stephen's Sausage Roll has been on my wishlist for ages, and it rarely dropped below $20.

https://www.humblebundle.com/very-positive-bundle

Pay Anything:

Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings
    The Deadly Tower of Monsters Special Edition
    They Bleed Pixels

Beat the Average:

HackNet
    Crashlands
    UnderRail

Pay $10

Stephen's Sausage Roll
    Curious Expedition

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Motorsport manager is half price https://www.humblebundle.com/store/motorsport-manager, not bad for a game you could put over 100 hours into

Good call on this game. Bought it the other day and cant stop playing it. Great game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Doom 2016 for €9 on CD Keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Doom 2016 for €9 on CD Keys.

Jesus... they must not be selling any more copies!

Bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It's been under 15 for ages there if memory serves... it's fun, but it's a short lifespan type of game without too many gameplay hours on it per run through. Tomb Raider (2013) was about €7 last October when I got it, kind of similar scenario. That's my guess anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

mrcheez wrote: »
    Jesus... they must not be selling any more copies!

Bizarre.

The price on CD keys isn't the price that the developer or publisher sets, it's whatever CD keys think the free copies given with graphics cards are worth. CD keys don't actually obtain any keys via ethical means.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Have you got a source for that please? I'd be interested in reading about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

i dont think his arse has any articles on it yet.

Have you got a source for that please? I'd be interested in reading about it.

Google "CDkeys grey market" and there are numerous forums calling them out for using valid but not officially issued keys. There are many articles doing the same but none that I have heard of or would consider reputable.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ahh jaysis dont ruin the bargain alerts thread with cdkeys chat, there are tonnes of threads around here about them and g2a etc:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

7% discount on Dell website with code SAVE7 until 10. May.

If anyone was looking at a new laptop (e.g. Inspiron 15 7000)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Be weary of that TN panel though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    7% discount on Dell website with code SAVE7 until 10. May.

If anyone was looking at a new laptop (e.g. Inspiron 15 7000)
    As mentioned already. Its a TN panel and very bad even by TN panel standards.
    Other then that its a great laptop for money. The one to go for is the ips screen one, but it really stupid in my opinion to put these 4k panels in laptops. First issue - 1050ti will poop out a lung if it will try to run anything at 4k. Second - why would you need 4k panel on small screen like that. You will have to upscale.
    I got aw13 with 1440p screen and its stupid. I have it down to 1080p as it had to be upscalled anyway. Better performance at 1080p too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

The Steam Summer Sale dates have leaked

81wFfLh.png

ElNino wrote: »

81wFfLh.png

Steam stopped doing sales a few years ago. Now they just give discounts on games without having any countdown timers or requiring you to check the site every 4 hours to get the best prices. :P

Everyone needs to remember the rule, if it's not on a flash sale don't buy it. If there are no flash sales don't buy anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

They still do sales just not flash sales or daily deals.

Its still a sale tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Steam perma-sale, only with more sh!t on sale on these particular dates...

dreamers75 wrote: »
    They still do sales just not flash sales or daily deals.

Its still a sale tho.

I know, it's supposed to be a joke. I did say they give discounts on games.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Just Cause 3 €8.39

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

As mentioned already. Its a TN panel and very bad even by TN panel standards.
    Other then that its a great laptop for money. The one to go for is the ips screen one, but it really stupid in my opinion to put these 4k panels in laptops. First issue - 1050ti will poop out a lung if it will try to run anything at 4k. Second - why would you need 4k panel on small screen like that. You will have to upscale.
    I got aw13 with 1440p screen and its stupid. I have it down to 1080p as it had to be upscalled anyway. Better performance at 1080p too.

Just to follow up on this, i just ordered the i7 1050ti model with the FN panel and got a discount of 10% through their chat so you can get more than 7%.

I could have went for the IPS for 1350 but as mentioned the 1050ti would struggle with it and I actually preferred the idea of 128GB SSD plus 1TB HDD rather 512GB SSD. What swayed me as well was the ease of upgrading the screen myself and the fact that i'll really only be playing fairly low power hungry games like Civ, FM17 etc using the laptop screen. For other games i'll probably have it hooked up to a monitor. Hope I made the right decision now, will let you all know in the chat thread when it arrives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

ElNino wrote: »

81wFfLh.png

People still get excited about steam sales? They're haven't been good in a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just to follow up on this, i just ordered the i7 1050ti model with the FN panel and got a discount of 10% through their chat so you can get more than 7%.

I could have went for the IPS for 1350 but as mentioned the 1050ti would struggle with it and I actually preferred the idea of 128GB SSD plus 1TB HDD rather 512GB SSD. What swayed me as well was the ease of upgrading the screen myself and the fact that i'll really only be playing fairly low power hungry games like Civ, FM17 etc using the laptop screen. For other games i'll probably have it hooked up to a monitor. Hope I made the right decision now, will let you all know in the chat thread when it arrives.

1350 for 4k version is actually pretty damn good deal. Even if you overpay for screen that you wont use. Thats one thing I wanted to clear up, that I heard a lot about. You always better off chating them or calling them before ordering as they always will throw an extra discount? I heard that before around here, but never had confirmation.

Please lets us know hoe you get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

1350 for 4k version is actually pretty damn good deal. Even if you overpay for screen that you wont use. Thats one thing I wanted to clear up, that I heard a lot about. You always better off chating them or calling them before ordering as they always will throw an extra discount? I heard that before around here, but never had confirmation.

Please lets us know hoe you get on with it.

It's not a bad deal allright, I tried to get them to come down to €1300 but no luck and in the end i said I'd get myself a monitor for the difference between the two with a bit added. Yeah they always seem to have about 10% discount though I think the dearer the item the more leeway they have. I'd been on to them a good few times over the last month, some of them will offer you no discount unless you push them. It's not due to get here until the 25th, I'll let you know how it goes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

https://www.humblebundle.com/store

Dungeons 2 is free on the Humble Bundle store. Their site seems to be suffering a bit as a result. Any keys for it must be redeemed prior to May 27th to stop people trying to hoard/resell keys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nice one, thanks.

Advertisement