Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Spear wrote: »
    Just got the same.

Huntsman: The Orphanage for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Wossack

Julez wrote: »
    Huntsman: The Orphanage for me.

same as

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Huntsman: The Orphanage
    R5J86-VNJR0-8TEXJ

I'm too busy playing Alien isolation, won't be playing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Morpork wrote: »
    Huntsman: The Orphanage
    R5J86-VNJR0-8TEXJ

I'm too busy playing Alien isolation, won't be playing that!

Redeemed. Sound one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

humble indie bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/humble-indie-bundle-18

$1: Ziggurat, Windward, Steamworld Heist

BTA: Kentucky Route Zero , Beholder, Goat Simulator GOATY plus more games next week

$13: Owlboy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Code for CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR STEAM if anyone wants ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

will56 wrote: »
    Code for CORPORATE LIFESTYLE SIMULATOR STEAM if anyone wants ?
    please and thanks

cursai wrote: »
    please and thanks

PM Sent, enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

ShaneU wrote: »
    humble indie bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/humble-indie-bundle-18

$1: Ziggurat, Windward, Steamworld Heist

BTA: Kentucky Route Zero , Beholder, Goat Simulator GOATY plus more games next week

$13: Owlboy
    This bundle looks decent, really want SteamWorld Heist. Any thoughts on the other games?

I was a bit confused by Kentucky Route Zero in this bundle. I already had the game from a previous bundle but the new bundle has a season pass for it. I tried to activate the key but steam said I already owned it. Not sure whether I should steamgift it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

ionapaul wrote: »
    This bundle looks decent, really want SteamWorld Heist. Any thoughts on the other games?

I have a Steamworld Heist key from humble monthly you can have if thats the only game your after?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

EoinHef wrote: »
    I have a Steamworld Heist key from humble monthly you can have if thats the only game your after?
    What a gent!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The keys from the humble monthly bundle,do you have to use the gift link option or can you just send the key after revealing it if you hit the redeem on steam button?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

you can just send it after reveal

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

ionapaul wrote: »

Would love to try Owlboy out,it looks fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Only interested in owlboy if anyone wants to go halvesies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Wolfenstein New Order & New Blood €6 each on Steam for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone hitting a million "Captcha" tests with HumbleBundle?

FEAR 3 games and dlc available on bundlestars for €2.99
    https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/fear-bundle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Picked up Shadow Warrior 2 on Steam earlier for €22. Not bad at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

will56 wrote: »
    FEAR 3 games and dlc available on bundlestars for €2.99
    https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/fear-bundle
    great trilogy of games for 2.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

great trilogy of games for 2.99

Have they got controller support?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Have they got controller support?
    I have not played them on pc yet played them on the 360

looks like they do though but don't quote me on that, google is your friend and all that ;)

First two don't. I'll try the third now. Shame.

Bought this too so I did a quick google search - last post here might be of use: https://steamcommunity.com/app/21090/discussions/0/305510202675640319/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

First two don't. I'll try the third now. Shame.

I'd have thought hey had controller support. I played the original back on the 360 years ago.

I was going to buy that deal as well but said I wouldn't bother as I have enough games already on the back log. Just as well now I suppose as I'm like you and play PC games with a Xbox One controller. I just cannot be bothered to train myself to use a keyboard and mouse. I tried it once for about 10 minutes and gave up too awkward I found. A controller for me is more natural after years of playing consoles.

Exactly. I like to sit on a couch and play games. Spend enough time in work at a desk with a keyboard and mouse.

Exactly. I like to sit on a couch and play games. Spend enough time in work at a desk with a keyboard and mouse.

Exact same here, except for the last two weeks or so I've had the joy of playing on a full HD projector (also, you've not posted on boards until you've posted at 150 inches). :D

To each their own of course, but mice and keyboards are way too much of a pain in the hole - far too rigid and formal for my liking.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Exact same here, except for the last two weeks or so I've had the joy of playing on a full HD projector (also, you've not posted on boards until you've posted at 150 inches). :D

To each their own of course, but mice and keyboards are way too much of a pain in the hole - far too rigid and formal for my liking.

Depends on what the game is designed/optomised for I think.

I play on my couch too and sports games need a pad but you HAVE to use a mouse and key for RTS and I prefer those on Arkham lime games too.

I have the couch set up for easy keyboard and mouse though

• Advertisement

Depends on what the game is designed/optomised for I think.

I play on my couch too and sports games need a pad but you HAVE to use a mouse and key for RTS and I prefer those on Arkham lime games too.

I have the couch set up for easy keyboard and mouse though

This is true, but the only one of them I play is Civ (ah when the screen takes up your whole wall for Civ... f*** you tiny UI! :D ). I have a cheapo wireless mouse & keyboard that it works fine for, and have been planning on the same for Warhammer Total War) but they're easier to play on in terms of scrolling the mouse of the sofa and having the keyboard on the lap (it's 6mm wide x 27cm long so nice and compact). I do completely get why people use mouse/keyboard, especially those that go back to the original Doom, Quake, etc whenever I see on a game online that other players are mostly on that I just assume I'm going to get slaughtered, but it's just not my thing personally. I prefer to passively play and really get most focused on immersion in storyline and the world of the games (so really have a bias to the likes of The Witcher).

Though having been out of games for nearly a decade until last year when I built a SFF HTPC/gaming PC, from doing a lot of googling on recommended games, looking for mods, how to use things like the x64 program to make a PS4 controller work with most games etc it's good to see that there doesn't seem to be much animosity between controller and keyboard/mouse players which I have a somewhat vague recollection of. Really a bizarre one that was! :p

On that, having been out of games for so long I've a tonne of catching up to do... I went and bought Arkham Knight which I kicked off last night, as well as Mass Effect 1-3, Bioshock Infinite, and Far Cry 3 & 4... any recommendations for what to get on when I'm done with Arkham Knight? I'm thinking of holding off on Bioshock for a good while since it looks like the best of the bunch and I'd rather build up to it. Learned my lesson making The Witcher the first game I played on the new setup. :o

Advertisement