Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

going by the games you are playing I would try Alien: Isolation and the Dishonored games as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Ah yeah, got Alien Isolation during the sale a week or two back (and MGSV, Doom, Shadow of Mordor, Tomb Raider/Rise of..., Inside/Limbo, the first Outlast... going to wait for RE7 to drop in price, looks great but I like to keep purchases under €20 and it's such a short game according to 'How Long to Beat') and Saints Row IV (surprising the OH with a budget HTPC/gaming PC in the next few weeks so going to wait until then to play it online together since she's in London for the next while, also a Civ nerd so it's a better way to keep in touch than just whatsapp/skype). I've been on a bit of a game buying spree the last few months, take out Civ VI which I bought at launch and I'm probably averaging less than €10 per title too. God bless PC. :D

Dishonored as well as Dark Souls collection are on the to-do list also.

Another one I have that I really want to get around to is The Witness, want to play that before Rime because I think the latter might kill it. Really, really look the look/feel of those two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

GameOn Humble Bundle

Pay Anything:
    Worms Clan Wars
    80 Days
    Her Story

Beat Average:
    Grim Fandango Remastered
    The Stanley Parable
    Broken Sword 5 - The Serpent's Curse

Pay $10
    Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
    Day of the Tentacle Remastered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭steve_r

Is $10 worth it for BL Pre-sequel?

I loved 1 and 2 but it does get repetitive and I've heard mixed things about the pre-sequel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The pre-sequel is definitely the weakest of the 3, but I enjoyed it. The gravity and oxygen mixes things up a bit. The claptastic voyage DLC (not included) is also worth playing.

Having said that, I could never beat that final boss in the main game. I had to watch the ending on youtube. Might be easier in co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Couldnt even finish BL2 myself after returning to it twice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Skerries wrote: »
    the game of the year edition is terrible value for an extra 20 euro though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Borderlands the PS is very good as was mentioned but it is still worth playing especially if you played the first two.

I seen on YouTube the last boss being killed with a single shot, but this guy was extremely powerful.

Claptrap DLC is definitely worth it as well.

All three Borderlands games are up there with my all time favourite games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Never played a Borderlands game. MP only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'd highly recommend them.

I played all single player never took away from the game. Your can play it with up to four players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Best played with friends but you can play SP.

I got bored of borderlands 1 and 2 after about 20 hrs into each,just didnt enjoy them after that point. Dont really understand the love for them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

EoinHef wrote: »

I got bored of borderlands 1 and 2 after about 20 hrs into each,just didnt enjoy them after that point. Dont really understand the love for them

20hrs ain't bad for a single player/co-op game, and then you did it again.

I wouldn't be their biggest fan but they're enjoyable, I'd recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

20hrs ain't bad for a single player/co-op game, and then you did it again.

I wouldn't be their biggest fan but they're enjoyable, I'd recommend them

Paid very little for them too so no complaints there,just as a game i thought they got a bit bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Paid very little for them too so no complaints there,just as a game i thought they got a bit bland.

I'd agree they staled before the end, I'm just saying they were good up to that! And a good buy when cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was same. Its a lot of fun at start, but then it gets so damn grindy and you got that sence of to do list, not playing a game.
    I forced myself to finish them both half way in to them.
    On the otherhand, its one of the very rare games, that you can play split screen with 4 players. I had pizza and borderland nights before with 3 friends at my place. A lot of fun!

felt too like a single player MMO for my liking

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Don't know if this counts as a bargain but fallout 4 is free to play on Steam from 18:00 today until 21:00 on Sunday

Rising Storm free on Humble Bundle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Nice one. Is Scholar of the First Sin the actual the base game?

Edit: Stopped being lazy and read up on it. Thanks again!

Played, finished and Platinumed on PS3 ..... and I'm still tempted to buy :D

I'd play Asylum and City again but once was enough for Origins.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Remouad wrote: »
    Played, finished and Platinumed on PS3 ..... and I'm still tempted to buy :D

I'd play Asylum and City again but once was enough for Origins.

Every now and again I go back and play all the Arkham games, no matter which order I play them in origins always becomes a roadblock

Every now and again I go back and play all the Arkham games, no matter which order I play them in origins always becomes a roadblock

That stupid fecking Deathstroke fight is enough for me to turn it off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I only played Origins once but I don't remember having problems with it (unlike almost everyone else)

If you've finished it once you've done enough. No need to punish yourself.
    That stupid fecking Deathstroke fight is enough for me to turn it off

Damn just had a horrible flashback to that! I was trying to get all the trophies on my first run through and you had to get through that fight without failing a single counter.
    Took Forever and stopped caring about getting any other ones after that.

BTW if anyone missed out on the bundle stars deal they're individually on sale for on humblebundle for €4.99 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Depth is down to €6 on Steam if anyone's interested. It's a fantastic team multiplayer game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭racersedge

Copped this one from a PC Gamer article. Register and download the public beta for Gwent (the Witcher card game) and I got a free copy of the first Witcher game (usually priced about a tenner). Not sure how long said offer is in for as the aforementioned article mentioned how closed beta members got the second game for free and was available until sometime today.

Now, unfortunately they did have an RPG sale over the weekend with both games heavily reduced but that has ended. I know this might not be a super bargain for some but I figured it would be great for those who have only played the most recent Witcher game and want to see where it all began.

Advertisement