Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Also free on Steam until 6PM on Thursday: http://store.steampowered.com/app/15700/Oddworld_Abes_Oddysee/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

And on Humble Bundle. :)

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/oddworld-abes-oddysee

I'd say the GOG crew are thinking "ah would you guys ever f*** off!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Humble "Very Positive" Bundle:

Pay Anything:
    RIVE
    Neon Chrome
    Dungeon Souls

BTA:
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition
    Ultimate Chicken Horse
    Oxenfree

$10
    Death Road to Canada
    Beat Cop

https://www.humblebundle.com/very-positive-bundle-2

Another 48hr freebie on Steam - Back to Bed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

As a very new PC gamer, these deals are hard to comprehend!

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Pac1Man wrote: »

Lesson No. 1 - Never pay full price.
    Lesson No. 2 - Get comfortable with having a massive library of games of which you only play a fraction :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Pac1Man wrote: »

I was the exact same. I used buy console games on the day of release and have hardly finished any of the more recent ones. I always wait now on PC and love the cheaper prices. Picking up some great titles for a fiver that are still around 60 on console.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I was the exact same. I used buy console games on the day of release and have hardly finished any of the more recent ones. I always wait now on PC and love the cheaper prices. Picking up some great titles for a fiver that are still around 60 on console.

like for example?

I was just generalising. Most recently picked up Dirt 4, COD : IW and GTA V and they were at least 30 euro cheaper than the console version when i got them.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The gap isn't as big as it used to be (outside of grey market sellers that is). Most AAA games go on sale for similar price on console as they would on steam these days. I've yet to see GTA V drop below 30 on any platform.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

OSI wrote: »

I was rounding up from 29.99 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I've yet to see GTA V drop below 30 on any platform.

€29.99 on psn right now

https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/66012/grand-theft-auto-v

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The gap isn't as big as it used to be (outside of grey market sellers that is). Most AAA games go on sale for similar price on console as they would on steam these days. I've yet to see GTA V drop below 30 on any platform.

I only use key sites. I'd only use Steam/GOG, etc on a rare occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Another 48hr freebie on Steam - Back to Bed

Nice freebie. And like 3 cents worth of cards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

ED E wrote: »
    Nice freebie. And like 3 cents worth of cards :pac:

Remind me again, what are the benefits of cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

mrcheez wrote: »
    Remind me again, what are the benefits of cards?

You can sell them apparently. I never sold any so have no experience to tell you what you would get for them.

You can sell them apparently. I never sold any so have no experience to tell you what you would get for them.

Sell them back to Steam is it? Are they like loyalty points that can be used against future transactions?

Or if not, who would buy them and why?

to get cards you have to play the games for a certain amount of time to mine the cards
    Then you put them up on the market and based on demand you get whatever people are willing to spend on them but that is generally only between .2c and .10c these days but there are more valuable cards out there
    Steam take a percentage of each sale and you are left with the remainder when someones buys your card so you would have to sell a loooooot of cards to make it worth your while
    Now I use scripts to mine my cards and sell them but even after selling 10's of thousands I have only earned about €500
    the cards are turned into badges which people like but you can't get a full set from mining so that is why people buy them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Sell them back to Steam is it? Are they like loyalty points that can be used against future transactions?

Or if not, who would buy them and why?

Sell them to other users looking for badges.

When you sell one the money goes into your Steam Wallet, I ended up pulling €35 or something through them last year. Its essentially money back on games.

• Advertisement

Sell them to other users looking for badges.

Right and badges give you discounts on games or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Has anyone ever seen Factorio going for less than 20 quid?

Isthereanydeal tells me no.

nope they are purely decorational on your account, it is just like collecting anything else such as beer mats or the severed heads of your victims

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Skerries wrote: »
    nope they are purely decorational on your account, it is just like collecting anything else such as beer mats or the severed heads of your victims

Not discounts, but they do increase your steam level which has small benefits.
    By crafting Badges, you gain experience, which raises your Steam level. Benefits of having a higher Steam level include:

Increased Friends list size (+ 5 friends per level added to the cap)
    Showcases for your Steam Profile (1 new showcase every 10 levels)
    Increased chance of Booster Pack drop (+ 20 % chance for every 10 levels)
    A freshly made Steam account is level 0.

Increasing the drop rate means more boosters which means a few more cents worth every month or two. Basically the friends list is the only worthwhile thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

Skerries wrote: »
    Now I use scripts to mine my cards and sell them but even after selling 10's of thousands I have only earned about €500
    the cards are turned into badges which people like but you can't get a full set from mining so that is why people buy them

I've seen a few people mention similar for this purpose in the past, is that ok to do on steam or do you risk a getting your account locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Remouad wrote: »
    Lesson No. 1 - Never pay full price.
    Lesson No. 2 - Get comfortable with having a massive library of games of which you only play a fraction :D

Only have the gaming Pc built a month and 100+ games already. I’m liking this

I've not heard of anybody having their account locked but it could always be a possibility
    Steam make money from people so the more cards sold the more they make so they may be turning a blind eye to it for the moment

actually this conversation should really be moved to a separate thread and let the bargains continue

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

No, and very doubt it will evet go lower then that. When full launch, it most likely be more.

Devs themselves said that game will never go on sale as they dont want people who want to play, sit and wait for sale. Its always same price, fair to everyone.

Of you ask me, factorio is one of the greatest games ever. I got 259h in it and its 4th most played game on my steam account. Steam account is as old as half life 2, but I racket up 260h in factorio over few months.

There was a thread here for it. I highly recommend it. Well worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

You can get it for €18 on the humblebundle store if you are a humble monthly bundle subscriber

• Advertisement

Outlast Deluxe Edition (includes Whistleblower DLC) is free for a limited time on Humble Bundle. I think the site is taking a hit at the moment.

Advertisement