Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Outlast Deluxe Edition (includes Whistleblower DLC) is free for a limited time on Humble Bundle. I think the site is taking a hit at the moment.

It was taking a hammering tool me ages to get in and then it turns out it isn't even a steam key.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It was taking a hammering tool me ages to get in and then it turns out it isn't even a steam key.
    Are they out of keys? It was 2 Steam keys for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Got two steam keys as well for myself. Will ask the wife to play this tonight. Pretty sure I will be laughing my head off while she goes crazy. Thanks a lot! :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Another 48hr freebie on Steam - Back to Bed

Damn forgot about this one, anyone get a key they don't want? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

If anyone's missed anything in the Humble Store's end of Summer sale, they're having a last-chance weekend with pretty much everything discounted. It runs until the 25th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 year celebration €19.99 on steam sale at the minute. Deal ends in less than 45 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 year celebration €19.99 on steam sale at the minute. Deal ends in less than 45 hours.

The base game (which you can't get anymore) is with the humble monthly for $12 (~€10.50).

is there much extra content in the 20 year celebration version?
    even with the discount it's double the price.

Remouad wrote: »
    The base game (which you can't get anymore) is with the humble monthly for $12 (~€10.50).

is there much extra content in the 20 year celebration version?
    even with the discount it's double the price.

The season pass. So all DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

The season pass. So all DLC.

Yep got that. Was wondering if the extra content justified the extra cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Fallout is currently free on Steam.

Xenji wrote: »
    Fallout is currently free on Steam.

Woah. And I'm probably need the only person not to have played it yet

There a few few games on sale on Steam at the minute, I will only list a few:

Mad Max 6.79
    Shadow of Mordor GOTY 7.99
    Batman Arkham Knight 7.99
    F.E.A.R Collection 13.74

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

If anyone is looking for a cheap copy of Forza Horizon 3 on Windows there's loads going on adverts and donedeal from all the lads who picked up the Gamestop trade in deal for Xbox One S. I got FH3 plus Hot Wheels add on code for €20. Its £42 for the base game on the Windows store alone. Just be sure its the code and a good seller and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

sugarman wrote: »
    Steam really havent had a great sale in a long time, not to pick apart your post or anything but almost any time ive seen their "Sales" ive picked up or seen 99% of the stuff a fair bit cheaper elsewhere.. just for example

Mad Max is €3.75 on CDKeys
    Shadow of Mordor is €3.98 also at CDKeys
    Batman Arkham Knight is €5.12, again CDKeys
    FEAR Collections is €4.99 from BundleStars

Cheers might pick it up If I can get it for that price, its €28.49 on CDkeys!

I think a lot of people don't like to buy off grey market sellers like CDkeys so links to Steam sales are still useful here.

I think a lot of people don't like to buy off grey market sellers like CDkeys so links to Steam sales are still useful here.

I was just about to say that. I would rather pay the small bit extra in steam sales(wouldn't pay full price though) as you know the keys are genuine and not ripping off the developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

CDKeys aren't a marketplace iirc

I stopped using CDkeys after they resold a key I purchased.

Customer service denied all knowledge but I reckon whoever supplied the key to them must have supplied it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

113 games from G2play all still fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

mrcheez wrote: »
    I stopped using CDkeys after they resold a key I purchased.

Customer service denied all knowledge but I reckon whoever supplied the key to them must have supplied it elsewhere.
    All CDkeys are doing is buying them in cheaper regions ( incldsing physical copies as you get CD key scans sometimes ) and flogging them in other regions.

Ive been using cdkeys for several years and have 20+ games from them and never had a problem, its kinda strange if they "resold a key I purchased", i dont understand this comment, if you register on steam its yours unless the publisher pulls the keys

Theyre working the system but they are legit.

• Advertisement

It was an Xbox live code that I didn't use immediately as I wanted to wait for a period of time when I was sure I would be using the console.

So I tried to apply the key a few months after buying it and it had already been redeemed elsewhere . It was valid when I bought it initially though as you can validate keys without redeeming them.

So perhaps they are OK if using the key immediately, but don't buy Xmas presents or something a few months in advance as the key I purchased was used elsewhere.

Actually the mention of PayPal earlier might be worth investigating...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

I've bought about 50 to 60 games from kinguin / cd keys and the like for the past 3 or 4 years. I only ever got caught out once when a key I tried to redeem had been used already,but that same key only cost me a fiver so I've saved a fortune overall. I'm willing to take that risk.

Submerged down to €1.99 on steam at the minute. Looks interesting from the videos on steam anyway. Worth picking up at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    I've bought about 50 to 60 games from kinguin / cd keys and the like for the past 3 or 4 years. I only ever got caught out once when a key I tried to redeem had been used already,but that same key only cost me a fiver so I've saved a fortune overall. I'm willing to take that risk.

To add to this.. The key is to go for the popular sellers. The ones with loads of transactions.. Chances are they are legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

50% off Beholder for owning This War of Mine (10€ -> €5).

Not sure if I'd play it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

ED E wrote: »

Where Steam/humble/gog? I have This war of mine and beholder looks fun but cant see the offer anywhere...

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Where Steam/humble/gog? I have This war of mine and beholder looks fun but cant see the offer anywhere...

Steam, voucher should be in your inventory if available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Steam, voucher should be in your inventory if available to you.

Ive been playing pc games for years and use steam a good bit (prefer DRM free) and I never even knew I had an inventory. Its there thanks :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Also vice versa, 50% off This War of Mine if you own Beholder.

• Advertisement

Wetbench4 wrote: »
    Also vice versa, 50% off This War of Mine if you own Beholder.

TWOM is definitely worth it. Class game.

Advertisement