Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Games: "Bargain Alerts" - [NO CHAT]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Objectively it's a very good game but it just wasn't for me. Talk about glum!

"Declan is depressed, cold and hungry."

FFS Declan cheer up. That elderly couple were well on their way anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Could never get into This war of mine. Have tried to play it a few times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

https://www.humblebundle.com/stardock-bundle

Did anyone post this? None of the games jump out at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

What about Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion - supposed to be pretty great, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭jos22

Greenman Gaming  has South Park Gold Edition for Euros 52.34. but if you buy from an Irish IP the game is 67.99 euro
    so use a UK proxy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New Humble Bundle for the 3 people left who don't have the Borderlands games yet.

https://www.humblebundle.com/endless-rpg-lands-bundle

Some other RPGs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just me or that "Average Playtime" info new? Its often something Im curious about, gg HB.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

FFS, paid about a tenner for Endless Legend in the humble sale two weeks ago ,was worth it in fairness but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,436 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

ED E wrote: »
    Just me or that "Average Playtime" info new? Its often something Im curious about, gg HB.

have you looked at howlongtobeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Mr E wrote: »
    New Humble Bundle for the 3 people left who don't have the Borderlands games yet.

https://www.humblebundle.com/endless-rpg-lands-bundle

Some other RPGs too.

I'd be one of the 3!

Been on my wishlist for ages.
    So has endless legend. So that bundle is perfect.
    Another bonus is that I won the pre sequel from the steam gifts group so now I have the whole collection :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

ED E wrote: »
    I think it's because it the Humble Endless RPG Lands Bundle. They add little details like that sometimes, for example, the Humble Overwhelmingly Positive Bundle had Metacritic scores attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Remouad wrote: »
    I'd be one of the 3!

Been on my wishlist for ages.
    So has endless legend. So that bundle is perfect.
    Another bonus is that I won the pre sequel from the steam gifts group so now I have the whole collection :)

I would highly recommend them. Borderlands series is one of my all time favourite. I cannot wait for another, when ever that will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Taylor365 wrote: »

just on the above

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/fallout-4-game-of-the-year-edition-pc-steam-cd-key

you can get the base game for similar price on CD keys or if your looking for GOTY edition you can get it above for 22.79

total on gamesplanet would be around 34

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Shred

Wolfenstein The New Order and The Old Blood are available for less than a fiver each on CDKeys - I loved both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Think they've been hovering around that price for a few months; I picked up both for about €12 total a few weeks back and have been meaning to get around to them (went on a bit of a cheap game splurge!). I won't be getting the main game for a few months until it dips in price though, so plenty of time!

By the looks of the games it's a great price to pick them up for all the same.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Actually the mention of PayPal earlier might be worth investigating...

Absolutely do, I had a similar issue with G2A a couple of years ago - I bought two Xbox live currency cards and one of them was already used. I opened a live chat with G2a and they basically said tough shít, you didn't pay the extra €2 insurance. I raised this with Paypal and it was sorted within a couple of days - G2a then made a balls of it by refunding me the entire purchase amount instead of just the amount for the code that wasn't working the dozy twits - karma!

Billy86 wrote: »
    Think they've been hovering around that price for a few months; I picked up both for about €12 total a few weeks back and have been meaning to get around to them (went on a bit of a cheap game splurge!). I won't be getting the main game for a few months until it dips in price though, so plenty of time!

By the looks of the games it's a great price to pick them up for all the same.

Yeah it's an absolute bargain for two(-ish, TOB is an expansion) pretty solid shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,751 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Shred wrote: »
    Absolutely do, I had a similar issue with G2A a couple of years ago - I bought two Xbox live currency cards and one of them was already used. I opened a live chat with G2a and they basically said tough shít, you didn't pay the extra €2 insurance. I raised this with Paypal and it was sorted within a couple of days - G2a then made a balls of it by refunding me the entire purchase amount instead of just the amount for the code that wasn't working the dozy twits - karma!

Hmm seems I might have missed the boat as I opened the claim with Paypal more than 180 days after the transaction was made so it seems my dispute was automatically closed.

So lesson learned. I personally won't be using CDKeys again, but for those that do ensure you use the key you buy ASAP as it's clear they resell unused keys (i.e. don't do what I did and buy a 12 month membership for use later on).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

So lesson learned. I personally won't be using CDKeys again, but for those that do ensure you use the key you buy ASAP as it's clear they resell unused keys (i.e. don't do what I did and buy a 12 month membership for use later on).

I think you mean G2A? Personally I would never use G2A but I have no problem using CDKeys.

ElNino wrote: »
    I think you mean G2A? Personally I would never use G2A but I have no problem using CDKeys.

No, I used CDKeys and my key was resold before I used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

mrcheez wrote:
    No, I used CDKeys and my key was resold before I used it.

Funny I never had trouble with cdkeys myself but I've heard your story more than once. Looks like it's safe to use as long as you intend to use straight away.

Hmm seems I might have missed the boat as I opened the claim with Paypal more than 180 days after the transaction was made so it seems my dispute was automatically closed.

Ah ok, I've had no issues with CD Keys myself but I'd always try the key immediately anyway to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,639 ✭✭✭Glebee

Wizard of Firetop Mountain was on my steam wishlist but at 20euro was way more that I was will to pay.

Well worth 1 euro though for nostalgia. I used to love those books. No idea what the other games are like in that bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/down-under-bundle

Satellite Reign is an unofficial successor to Syndicate

sierra117x wrote: »
    Funny I never had trouble with cdkeys myself but I've heard your story more than once. Looks like it's safe to use as long as you intend to use straight away.

Problem is: what if *you* are the second buyer of that key and the original person decides to use the key coincidentally on the same day you bought yours.

Chances are tiny of course, but could happen, so yeah make sure you use it a few minutes after buying :)

Shred wrote: »
    Ah ok, I've had no issues with CD Keys myself but I'd always try the key immediately anyway to be sure.

The key was valid when I bought it as I could test it without cashing it in, plus I asked CDkeys if my key would ever expire and they wrote me that no the key wouldn't expire, so I held onto it until I felt I would have more time to use my Xbox.

When I finally tried, the key said it had been used up. Contacted Microsoft and they said key had been cashed in about 3 months earlier (6 months after I bought it).

Couldn't give me details of where the person was that used it, and CDkeys wouldn't honour the promise that the key wouldn't expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Always always always always always redeem any codes you buy immediately.
    I'd have the redemption page open on the pc, waiting for the code to come in by email.

• Advertisement

Aye, and CDkeys don't keep to their word (or honour it).

Two lessons learned.

Advertisement